Super Eagles: Yellow cards and suspensions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

BigMuze
Egg
Egg
Super Eagles: Yellow cards and suspensions

Post by BigMuze »

My people, although I don’t have any stats of our last two ANCQ games or even this one, I would like to reach out to the data gatherers here to compile our yellow card records and if any pending suspensions let’s raise the alarm ourselves using the platform of media moguls on here.

I noticed Ndidi got a yellow in the first half. I can’t recall if he got one in the previous games against Seychelles and SA. I worry that we can’t risk leaving things to our fantastic NFF only. We can’t take any risks.

Abeg make una no vex say I open new thread for the matter. Better safe than sorry.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles: Yellow cards and suspensions

Post by Enugu II »

BigMuze wrote:My people, although I don’t have any stats of our last two ANCQ games or even this one, I would like to reach out to the data gatherers here to compile our yellow card records and if any pending suspensions let’s raise the alarm ourselves using the platform of media moguls on here.

I noticed Ndidi got a yellow in the first half. I can’t recall if he got one in the previous games against Seychelles and SA. I worry that we can’t risk leaving things to our fantastic NFF only. We can’t take any risks.

Abeg make una no vex say I open new thread for the matter. Better safe than sorry.
BigMuze,

Here are players currently on one yellow card each in the qualifiers:

Kenneth Omeruo
Kelechi Iheanacho
William Ekong
Wilfred Ndidi
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:
BigMuze wrote:My people, although I don’t have any stats of our last two ANCQ games or even this one, I would like to reach out to the data gatherers here to compile our yellow card records and if any pending suspensions let’s raise the alarm ourselves using the platform of media moguls on here.

BigMuze,

Kenneth Omeruo
Kelechi Iheanacho
William Ekong
Wilfred Ndidi

I hope you are counting the South Africa game as well.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mystic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

BigMuze,

Kenneth Omeruo
Kelechi Iheanacho
William Ekong
Wilfred Ndidi

I hope you are counting the South Africa game as well.
Mystic,

I did include the South Africa game. As far as I am aware, Nigeria did not get cautioned in that game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Enugu II wrote:

BigMuze,

Kenneth Omeruo
Kelechi Iheanacho
William Ekong
Wilfred Ndidi
God bless you my guy. The watch commenced for Troost and Ndidi mainly.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is straight out kongi school of not having a gaddem job.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

1naija wrote:This is straight out kongi school of not having a gaddem job.
Unfortunately, not everyone’s is like you bro :?
I understand your pain. Doh
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Enugu II wrote:

BigMuze,

Kenneth Omeruo
Kelechi Iheanacho
William Ekong
Wilfred Ndidi

That Yellow card to Eling was a big mistake on the part of the centre referee. Though he was spot on in almost all his call before he made that silly blunder.. Eking did have any contact with that Lybian player. It was the pitch that slipped him down be a use of his own speed and lack of balance and Ekong got punished for it. Watching the replay fully exposed this. Anyway, Refs are human.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Vindave wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

BigMuze,

Kenneth Omeruo
Kelechi Iheanacho
William Ekong
Wilfred Ndidi

That Yellow card to Eling was a big mistake on the part of the centre referee. Though he was spot on in almost all his call before he made that silly blunder.. Eking did have any contact with that Lybian player. It was the pitch that slipped him down be a use of his own speed and lack of balance and Ekong got punished for it. Watching the replay fully exposed this. Anyway, Refs are human.
Vindave,

Watch it again. Ekong did touch his shoulder in attempt to delay his progress. The player dived as soon as he felt the touch. This was similar to Ighalo's penalty award.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Wilfred Ndidi suspended for SA game in November
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

BigMuze wrote:Wilfred Ndidi suspended for SA game in November

Ndidi lost control of his emotions there. Hope he learns from it.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

mystic wrote:

Ndidi lost control of his emotions there. Hope he learns from it.
He did nothing, seems the ref wanted to make the Libyans happy
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

And Ekong as well?
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

green4life wrote:
And Ekong as well?
I missed that one. That’s not good. Omeruo and Balogun haven’t had much playing time as a pair. Then without Ndidi to cover as well - away to SA. Well, opportunity for others to step up and confirm the true depth of the squad.