VIDEO: Nigeria vs Libya (FULL MATCH)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: VIDEO: Nigeria vs Libya (FULL MATCH)

Post by highbury »

Adisboy wrote:See full match with English commentary below

Thank you for sharing!!

My question is why does Rohr have to wait till late in the second half to make a substitution? This is a trend I have noticed from him. He is from the same old playbook like Wenger where substitutions are made late.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

highbury wrote:

Thank you for sharing!!

My question is why does Rohr have to wait till late in the second half to make a substitution? This is a trend I have noticed from him. He is from the same old playbook like Wenger where substitutions are made late.
Might be the wrong game for this complaint as Aina came in before 20th minute I believe. Also changes were done in 60 something and 75th minute. Not so bad this time...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

highbury wrote:

Thank you for sharing!!

That's one of my pet peeves with Rohr. There have been games in which I believe that he's been slow to react with his substitutions, but in this case, his 2nd half subs were primarily meant to rest his starters with the game well in hand.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Football no easy ooo! Watch Ndidi on the fourth goal. He was totally gassed that he did not even join in the celebration of Kalu's goal and instead bent over with both hands on his knees. Telling, indeed.

That's how you know unprofessional FAs. No need for us to be playing in such high humidity...
That’s like saying Iceland shouldn’t be playing in cold temperatures or Bolivia shouldn’t be playing in such high altitudes,humidity like it or not is a part of the West African climate take it up with FIFA after all they think it’s fine to host the next World Cup in the Arabian desert.
What composition of the Icelandic or Bolivian teams play outside of their countries? Why would you intentionally handicap your own players by setting games in a region that does not offer a competitive advantage?
I think the players won't mind the humidity knowing that they have a safe and clean environment to stay in with an up to date stadium with the best pitch in the country to play on. I think this one is just nitpicking as there isn't any other venue in the country that can provide these things at this time...
You missed TXJ and Metalalloy's points. We had no competitive advantage playing in such a humid weather. We should not use because we beat an average team this time around to repeat the same mistake. It was VERY humid on Saturday. Our players all play overseas so they didn't have time to acclimatize or reacclimatize to the weather. When you come from the abroad and you are walking around everywhere with a towel and a bottle of water are you just forming ajebo? Abi you no be Naijarian again and not form like say you never see heat before?

We should give our athletes the best conditions to play in. They should have a committee that picks out 3-4 locations and know which location is ideal depending on the time of the year and make sure the stadium is well maintained.

These little things matter.

Ps., one day we will have a crucial game and some knumbskull will take it to a place where we will actually be at a disadvantage and claim that after all we won there the last time...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

mystic wrote:
highbury wrote:

Thank you for sharing!!

That's one of my pet peeves with Rohr. There have been games in which I believe that he's been slow to react with his substitutions, but in this case, his 2nd half subs were primarily meant to rest his starters with the game well in hand.
But he does that all the time from day one.

His last loss against Argentina... late unused subs did him in.
Anyway sha, he is old. Old people hate change. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Football no easy ooo! Watch Ndidi on the fourth goal. He was totally gassed that he did not even join in the celebration of Kalu's goal and instead bent over with both hands on his knees. Telling, indeed.

That's how you know unprofessional FAs. No need for us to be playing in such high humidity...
That’s like saying Iceland shouldn’t be playing in cold temperatures or Bolivia shouldn’t be playing in such high altitudes,humidity like it or not is a part of the West African climate take it up with FIFA after all they think it’s fine to host the next World Cup in the Arabian desert.
What composition of the Icelandic or Bolivian teams play outside of their countries? Why would you intentionally handicap your own players by setting games in a region that does not offer a competitive advantage?
I think the players won't mind the humidity knowing that they have a safe and clean environment to stay in with an up to date stadium with the best pitch in the country to play on. I think this one is just nitpicking as there isn't any other venue in the country that can provide these things at this time...
You missed TXJ and Metalalloy's points. We had no competitive advantage playing in such a humid weather. We should not use because we beat an average team this time around to repeat the same mistake. It was VERY humid on Saturday. Our players all play overseas so they didn't have time to acclimatize or reacclimatize to the weather. When you come from the abroad and you are walking around everywhere with a towel and a bottle of water are you just forming ajebo? Abi you no be Naijarian again and not form like say you never see heat before?

We should give our athletes the best conditions to play in. They should have a committee that picks out 3-4 locations and know which location is ideal depending on the time of the year and make sure the stadium is well maintained.

These little things matter.

Ps., one day we will have a crucial game and some knumbskull will take it to a place where we will actually be at a disadvantage and claim that after all we won there the last time...
I didn't miss their point, I just don't get how one can blame the NFF for their current decision. Sounds like you guys are living in a dream land where there is an abundance of WC stadiums in the country for the NFF to pick and choose, when the reality is that there is currently only ONE! That's just the bottom line. If we were spoilt for choice then of course lets pick the one which best suits more of our players needs. My thing is we can't really make this complaint without viable options.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!