Harambee stars top their group as Ghana falter

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Harambee stars top their group as Ghana falter

Post by Sir V »

vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Ghana will be fine. Remember they beat Ethiopia 5-0 and people are not taking into account that they have played 2 less games than the other teams.

3 of Ethiopias points are against Sierra Leone, so if SL gets disqualified either Ethiopia will lose 3 points, or Ghana will gain 6.

When all is said and done Ghana and Kenya will qualify from this group.

No they wont. Only 1 can make it and its looking like its the big foreheaded men from Kenya.

you have no clue of what you are talking about.

Simple math.

There are 24 teams in the upcomming edition

There are 12 groups of 4 teams, meaning 2 teams from each group automatically qualify.

Again homie SIMPLE MATHS. It aint really that hard to understand I dont know why people are making something so complicated that is very simple.
My bro see link below :) :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38604270

The qualifying draw for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations has pitted several former champions against one another.

Cameroon, who qualify automatically as hosts, are in Group B alongside 1976 champions Morocco, Malawi and either Comoros or Mauritius.

Record seven-time winners Egypt will meet North African rivals Tunisia, who won in 2004, in Group J.

Meanwhile, two-time winners Nigeria will face 1996 Nations Cup winners South Africa in Group E.

Group G also features a clash between Congo and the Democratic Republic of Congo, with both sides having previously lifted the trophy.

In addition to hosts Cameroon, the 12 group winners will qualify alongside the the three best runners-up.

Should the Indomitable Lions top their group, the second-placed side in Group B will contest the finals.

The group stage of qualifying starts in June and concludes in November 2018.

Draw in full:

A: Senegal, Equatorial Guinea, Sudan, Sao Tome/Madagascar

B: Cameroon, Morocco, Malawi, Comoros/Mauritius

C: Mali, Gabon, Burundi, Djibouti/South Sudan

D: Algeria, Togo, Benin, The Gambia

E: Nigeria, South Africa, Libya, Seychelles

F: Ghana, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Kenya

G: DR Congo, Congo, Zimbabwe, Liberia

H: Ivory Coast, Guinea, Central African Republic, Rwanda

I: Burkina Faso, Angola, Botswana, Mauritania

J: Tunisia, Egypt, Niger, Swaziland

K: Zambia, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, Namibia

L: Cape Verde, Uganda, Tanzania, Lesotho
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sir V wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Ghana will be fine. Remember they beat Ethiopia 5-0 and people are not taking into account that they have played 2 less games than the other teams.

3 of Ethiopias points are against Sierra Leone, so if SL gets disqualified either Ethiopia will lose 3 points, or Ghana will gain 6.

No they wont. Only 1 can make it and its looking like its the big foreheaded men from Kenya.

Simple math.

There are 12 groups of 4 teams, meaning 2 teams from each group automatically qualify.

Again homie SIMPLE MATHS. It aint really that hard to understand I dont know why people are making something so complicated that is very simple.
My bro see link below :) :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38604270

The qualifying draw for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations has pitted several former champions against one another.

Cameroon, who qualify automatically as hosts, are in Group B alongside 1976 champions Morocco, Malawi and either Comoros or Mauritius.

Record seven-time winners Egypt will meet North African rivals Tunisia, who won in 2004, in Group J.

Meanwhile, two-time winners Nigeria will face 1996 Nations Cup winners South Africa in Group E.

Group G also features a clash between Congo and the Democratic Republic of Congo, with both sides having previously lifted the trophy.

In addition to hosts Cameroon, the 12 group winners will qualify alongside the the three best runners-up.

Should the Indomitable Lions top their group, the second-placed side in Group B will contest the finals.

The group stage of qualifying starts in June and concludes in November 2018.

Draw in full:

A: Senegal, Equatorial Guinea, Sudan, Sao Tome/Madagascar

B: Cameroon, Morocco, Malawi, Comoros/Mauritius

C: Mali, Gabon, Burundi, Djibouti/South Sudan

D: Algeria, Togo, Benin, The Gambia

E: Nigeria, South Africa, Libya, Seychelles

F: Ghana, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Kenya

G: DR Congo, Congo, Zimbabwe, Liberia

H: Ivory Coast, Guinea, Central African Republic, Rwanda

I: Burkina Faso, Angola, Botswana, Mauritania

J: Tunisia, Egypt, Niger, Swaziland

K: Zambia, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, Namibia

L: Cape Verde, Uganda, Tanzania, Lesotho

You realize that was written when 2019 ANC was going to be 16 teams, but the tournament has since been expanded to 24 teams, meaning 2 teams from every group will qualify.

Again it is simple math that so many of you seem to be confused by.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:You realize that was written when 2019 ANC was going to be 16 teams, but the tournament has since been expanded to 24 teams, meaning 2 teams from every group will qualify.

What happens if Cameroon end up third in their group?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Sir V wrote:
FAKE NEWS!

As per the decision of the CAF Executive Committee on 20 July 2017, a total of 24 teams will qualify to play in the final tournament, including Cameroon who qualified automatically as hosts
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I believe Kenya has basically qualified for Cameroon 2019 because I don't see them finishing below 2nd in that group.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Eat your hearts out ....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
bret- hart wrote:How can 2 teams out of 3 qualify from a group? That makes no sense. If it comes down to it, it will be down to the best 3rd place team from the other groups. Right now Ghana is in deep dodo and they know it. That's why tfco is as quiet as a church rat this weekend.
Oga,
Ghana only needs to
1) beat Ethiopia in Ethiopia (as easy as a man peeing in a bottle)
2) beat Kenya in Kumasi (as easy as Naija police taking bribe)
Easier said than done. Ghana is $@#% right now and Kenya is in good form. Ethiopia is also very difficult to beat in Addis. I would be quiet if I was you.

Ghana is fine. They beat Ethiopia 5-0.

They can even lose to Ethiopia and still be fine.

Remember if SL is disqualified Ethiopia loses 3 points.
CAF is causing unnecessary problems the way they handle disqualifications. Traditionally, a disqualification means the other 3 teams get 3 points each from the disqualified team but CAF obviously likes to things upside down :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
bret- hart wrote:How can 2 teams out of 3 qualify from a group? That makes no sense. If it comes down to it, it will be down to the best 3rd place team from the other groups. Right now Ghana is in deep dodo and they know it. That's why tfco is as quiet as a church rat this weekend.
Oga,
Ghana only needs to
1) beat Ethiopia in Ethiopia (as easy as a man peeing in a bottle)
2) beat Kenya in Kumasi (as easy as Naija police taking bribe)
Easier said than done. Ghana is $@#% right now and Kenya is in good form. Ethiopia is also very difficult to beat in Addis. I would be quiet if I was you.

Ghana is fine. They beat Ethiopia 5-0.

They can even lose to Ethiopia and still be fine.

Remember if SL is disqualified Ethiopia loses 3 points.
CAF is causing unnecessary problems the way they handle disqualifications. Traditionally, a disqualification means the other 3 teams get 3 points each from the disqualified team but CAF obviously likes to turn things upside down :!:

Cheers.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Kabalega wrote:Image

Eat your hearts out ....

Congrats to Kenya!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:The Cameroon group has nothing to do with any other group, if u read the rules 2 teams from every group qualifies. From Cameroons group only ONE other team can qualify. What happens in Cameroon group does not affect any other group.
VE

I read the rules. However, the rules did not envisage having another group with effectively seeking qualification as is the case with Cameroon's group. If the rules are blind to this development then I surely would expect the secondplaced team in Cameroon's group (assuming Cameroon finishes out of top 2) to protest. That surely will not be fair.
Enugu II, like VE said, this editions qualifying is that simple. It doesn't matter what happens in other groups, 2 teams qualify from each group in Cameroun's group it is the them and the highest placed team in their group. So if Cameroun finished 3rd, then it would be the team that finishes 1st, if they win the group then it's the team that finishes 2nd, etc. As far as no other team pulls out of Ghana's group to bring it to reduce it to 2 teams in the group, the top 2 teams will qualify like the other groups.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:You realize that was written when 2019 ANC was going to be 16 teams, but the tournament has since been expanded to 24 teams, meaning 2 teams from every group will qualify.

What happens if Cameroon end up third in their group?
In Cameroun's group it is Cameroun and then the highest placed team so if they finish 3rd then the 1st placed team qualifies along with them making 2 teams.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

Simple math.

How can 2 out of 3 teams automatically qualify from a group? Makes no sense. CAF will rule on this soon and it will be that only 1 team will qualify and right now its looking like its going to be Kenya.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

Simple math.

How can 2 out of 3 teams automatically qualify from a group? Makes no sense. CAF will rule on this soon and it will be that only 1 team will qualify and right now its looking like its going to be Kenya.

The one that is making no sense is yourself with your stubbornness.

There are 4 teams in a group. If a team withdraws or gets disqualified it doesn't matter. This isn't like last edition where only a few second placed runner ups qualify. Each group is independent from one another. Nothing that happens in any other group effects this group, UNLIKE LAST TIME AROUND. 2 teams qualify automatically. In fact this is the most straightforward qualification CAF has ever had, due to the expansion.

IF it makes no sense that 2 out of 3 teams qualify, then how does it make sense that 3 out of 4 teams would qualify from another group, because that is what would happen in your scenario. Unless for the sake of your stubbornness you want an uneven 23 team tournament.

This makes far less sense because you are rewarding a 3rd placed team over a team that was potentially 2nd placed out of 4 teams. It is not Ghanas fault that Sierra Leone is disqualifies so why would they be punished.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Dude stop. If Ghana ends up with say 6 points after all this and Libya ends up with 10pts and still rank 3rd in our group, it would be logical that Libya qualifies because they were the best 3rd ranked team. Happens everywhere. Don't take it up with me, take it up with CAF. Ghana on current form sucks, they don't deserve to go to the AFCON. Even if SL wasn't disqualified, I doubt they would get more that 3 points off them.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bret- hart wrote::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Dude stop. If Ghana ends up with say 6 points after all this and Libya ends up with 10pts and still rank 3rd in our group, it would be logical that Libya qualifies because they were the best 3rd ranked team. Happens everywhere. Don't take it up with me, take it up with CAF. Ghana on current form sucks, they don't deserve to go to the AFCON. Even if SL wasn't disqualified, I doubt they would get more that 3 points off them.

What is wrong with you Nigerians?
There is NO place for third place finishers
Can't you read and comprehend?
Let me help u all one LAST time
  • On 20 July 2017, when the first round of the qualifying group stage had already been played, the final tournament was expanded from 16 to 24 teams. Under the new format, the best-placed team other than Cameroon would now qualify from Group B, while the group winners and runners-up would qualify from all other groups
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Dude stop. If Ghana ends up with say 6 points after all this and Libya ends up with 10pts and still rank 3rd in our group, it would be logical that Libya qualifies because they were the best 3rd ranked team. Happens everywhere. Don't take it up with me, take it up with CAF. Ghana on current form sucks, they don't deserve to go to the AFCON. Even if SL wasn't disqualified, I doubt they would get more that 3 points off them.
Dude you are making yourself appear to be an imbecile, arguing against common logic. I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:
Dude you are making yourself appear to be an imbecile, arguing against common logic. I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.

Stop being daft. where in the history of cup qualifying has 2 out of 3 teams "AUTOMATICALLY" qualified from a group??? Has CAF come out to say that 2 teams out of 3 will qualify out of this group??? Look if after march Ghana ends up with say 9 points and Libya ends up with 10, it would be logical that Libya qualifies ahead of Ghana because they had more points. If they cant top a group that has the likes of Kenya and Ethiopia, they don't deserve to qualify for the AFCON. GTFOH dude.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Rawlings wrote:

• On 20 July 2017, when the first round of the qualifying group stage had already been played, the final tournament was expanded from 16 to 24 teams. Under the new format, the best-placed team other than Cameroon would now qualify from Group B, while the group winners and runners-up would qualify from all other groups

CAF has not clarified that. You talk like an angel* all the time but also someone that started watching African football in 2006. CAF changes the rules all the time. Like I keep saying 2 out of 3 teams cant qualify out of this group automatically so I suggest you get you $@#% together and beat Kenya for that sole ticket.

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bret- hart wrote:
Rawlings wrote:

CAF has not clarified that. You talk like an angel* all the time but also someone that started watching African football in 2006. CAF changes the rules all the time. Like I keep saying 2 out of 3 teams cant qualify out of this group automatically so I suggest you get you $@#% together and beat Kenya for that sole ticket.
Insults do not cure Ignorance
READ and gain knowledge
24 teams (not 16) will play at the tournament
http://www.cafonline.com/en-US/NewsCent ... 0AZw%3d%3d
THis is the rule
  • the best-placed team other than Cameroon would now qualify from Group B, while the group winners and runners-up would qualify from all other groups.
If Sierra Leone drops out, still 2 out of three teams will qualify from Ghana's group.
Last edited by Rawlings on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bret- hart wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Stop being daft. where in the history of cup qualifying has 2 out of 3 teams "AUTOMATICALLY" qualified from a group??? Has CAF come out to say that 2 teams out of 3 will qualify out of this group??? Look if after march Ghana ends up with say 9 points and Libya ends up with 10, it would be logical that Libya qualifies ahead of Ghana because they had more points. If they cant top a group that has the likes of Kenya and Ethiopia, they don't deserve to qualify for the AFCON. GTFOH dude.
Oga look in the mirror for the daft one.
where in the history of the tournament have we had 24 nations playing the finals?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

where in history have 3 out of 4 teams qualified you moron.

It is not 2 out of 3 , it is 2 out of 4. if a team is disqualified that means effectively that they were not good enough to qualify and they are eliminated just as another of the 4 teams is eliminated.

What on earth does other groups have to do with THIS GROUP ? The answer is NOTHING.

It doesn't matter if a team in another groups has more points than Ghana. Ghana is not competing against teams in other groups you moron, they are competing against teams IN THEIR GROUP. How stupid do you have to be to not understand that.

Senegal was competing against Japan in the WC, and not teams in the other groups. So are you telling me if Senegal had greater points than a team in another group we can have 3 qualifiers from one group and only 1 in another group ?

WHat you are arguing about is complete madness and stupidity.

You are making yourself out to be a complete fool and baffoon.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Vancity you are a very stupid individual. I asked you a question. When in the history of cup qualifying has 2 out of 3 teams qualified automatically from the same group??? Ghana could very well qualify automatically but its up to CAF to decide not you dumbfuuk. Also yes when teams don't top their group in qualifying, their points and GD is compared to other teams in other group to see who the best runner-up is. Its done in every cup qualifying competition. I used Libya as an example you retard. What if Ghana ends up with say 5 points can you justify them qualifying automatically ahead of teams that accumulated say 9 or 10 points?. Most media outlets such as KTN Kenya assume that only 1 team will qualify out of this group until CAF clarifies.. who the fuuk are you to say otherwise...

Seriousy GTFOH....

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Rawlings wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Oga look in the mirror for the daft one.
where in the history of the tournament have we had 24 nations playing the finals?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Until CAF clarifies, you better believe its likely 1 team will qualify out of this group. I see you scared cos deep down you know Kenya will win this group. I would stop trolling CE if i was you and worry about your dim stars.