Whats the difference between Morata and IGhalo?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Agree Yes There is no difference No there is a difference

Poll ended at Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 5

fishward6
Egg
Egg
Whats the difference between Morata and IGhalo?

Post by fishward6 »

One finds the net once in a while but both do not know where it’s at usually and are highl paid with the worst goals per game in football
Last edited by fishward6 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Whats the difference between Morata and IGhalo?

Post by Undertaker »

Morata is an Audi while Igahalo is like a fiat..................
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Open ya eyes and look at the spelling - Morata is spelt differently to Ighalo. Olodo - dis simple thing you no fit solve? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

So what are the options? What is the difference between Morata and IGhalo? Yes or No.
What kind of poll is this?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

At least we know that Morata is deadly with his head
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I opened the thread thinking that this was about what I thought after Ighalo's third goal yesterday. Ighalo had difficulty controlling the ball because of the defender, in close proximity, missing the cross completely and distracting Ighalo who suddenly had an opportunity that should not have been there. That is a difficult ball to control precisely because of that miss in close proximity.

As for associating it with Morata? I cannot think of the opponent but last year, Morata scored a fantastic headed goal for Chelsea from a cross that few forwards would have been able to score. A defender, in close proximity, missed the ball entirely and it came suddenly to Morata in midair. He had an unexpected level of concentration and anticipation to convert. That remains one of the best headed goals that I have ever seen in years of watching football. Just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Enugu II wrote:I opened the thread thinking that this was about what I thought after Ighalo's third goal yesterday. Ighalo had difficulty controlling the ball because of the defender, in close proximity, missing the cross completely and distracting Ighalo who suddenly had an opportunity that should not have been there. That is a difficult ball to control precisely because of that miss in close proximity.

As for associating it with Morata? I cannot think of the opponent but last year, Morata scored a fantastic headed goal for Chelsea from a cross that few forwards would have been able to score. A defender, in close proximity, missed the ball entirely and it came suddenly to Morata in midair. He had an unexpected level of concentration and anticipation to convert. That remains one of the best headed goals that I have ever seen in years of watching football. Just my tuppence.
Ighalo had no business trying to control that ball,it should have been.on touch and a goal.Against better teams and.defenders that moment when.the ball went under his legs was enough time for them to recover and save the day. That said i have seen him score better and more difficult goal. I suspect the pitch is not as good,hence the need to control and be sure.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I opened the thread thinking that this was about what I thought after Ighalo's third goal yesterday. Ighalo had difficulty controlling the ball because of the defender, in close proximity, missing the cross completely and distracting Ighalo who suddenly had an opportunity that should not have been there. That is a difficult ball to control precisely because of that miss in close proximity.

Ighalo had no business trying to control that ball,it should have been.on touch and a goal.Against better teams and.defenders that moment when.the ball went under his legs was enough time for them to recover and save the day. That said i have seen him score better and more difficult goal. I suspect the pitch is not as good,hence the need to control and be sure.
Possibly but doing that when a guy (in close proximity) misses is not the easiest thing. Moreover, it could have been a very wild kick similar to the stuff he did against Argentina when he struck the ball without first taking a touch.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Ighalo scores the difficult ones example the 2 goal, while he fumbles bathe easier ones, the pk and 3 goal. Note the goalie nearly got to both.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:

Possibly but doing that when a guy (in close proximity) misses is not the easiest thing. Moreover, it could have been a very wild kick similar to the stuff he did against Argentina when he struck the ball without first taking a touch.
Oga mi, he had more than.enough time to tap the ball in first time. As a defender i have found out that what separates clinical finishers from.average ones is in their ability to anticipate and be ready for all the scenarios. I see strikers who 9 out 10 would run down behind a defender expecting the defender to.miss the ball forgetting that the defender is there not to.miss. If you take a position behind the defender ,then you are expecting or anticipating the defender would miss...or how else would the striker explain his taking a position behind a defender? These are the intellectual questions some coaches ask their players...why did you take up a particular position?

Ighalo was simply clumsy with his touch it was bad control all day long prof.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:

Oga mi, he had more than.enough time to tap the ball in first time. As a defender i have found out that what separates clinical finishers from.average ones is in their ability to anticipate and be ready for all the scenarios. I see strikers who 9 out 10 would run down behind a defender expecting the defender to.miss the ball forgetting that the defender is there not to.miss. If you take a position behind the defender ,then you are expecting or anticipating the defender would miss...or how else would the striker explain his taking a position behind a defender? These are the intellectual questions some coaches ask their players...why did you take up a particular position?

Ighalo was simply clumsy with his touch it was bad control all day long prof.
Oloye,

I would not disagree on Ighalo's clumsiness as we have seen that a number of times. However, I feel that the third goal is not as simple as we may think. I do not think his intent was to be behind the defender. My thinking is he was anticipating a better cross and Musa hit the ball a tad early and the defender rushed to get it first as he had the inside lane. Remember they were not in a static position but both were in motion anticipating the cross played by Musa. The proximity of that defender to the ball was a problem as players need some distance and time to get to the ball. It is the lack of those that created difficulty for Ighalo on that particular occasion. I believe several forwards could possibly have missed that opportunity. Ighalo was fortunate that the ball was not behind or way in front pf him which could have been possible if that defender had touched the ball even slightly.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

First of all, this is a very Ori eja type of poll?
How can you ask what the difference is between 2players, and make that a yes/no poll???? Makes ZERO sense.

Anyway sha, to properly answer this question, You need to explain.
IMO, The difference between Ighalo and Morata is Service. Lots of Service!

They are both high maintenance center forwards, that have mediocre pace, they both have a low strike rate, and they both need many opportunities to see the back of the net. Both are relatively poor when it comes to controlling the ball in traffic, creating their own shot, or striking on the volley.
Morata is better with his head than Ighalo, and Ighalo is more of a physical presence than Morata. But other than that, they are both relatively average center forwards.

The only thing that makes them effective is pairing them with a top class, unselfish forward/midfielder that can get them the ball in positions that allow them to exploit their strengths. Morata is lucky to have an inform Hazard around him these days. Ighala was lucky to have an inform Iwobi yesterday.

Without these support strikers/attacking midfielders, neither Ighalo or Morata are going to be effective. They need Service, and lots of it.
I really dont see why Rohr likes Ighalo, Or Sarri likes Moratta, but if it was my choice, I will not build my attacking force around either of these players.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cito wrote:So what are the options? What is the difference between Morata and IGhalo? Yes or No.
What kind of poll is this?

rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ishi azu kinda poll :
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Why are options to a question that never gave an actual choice Yes/No :???:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
fishward6
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward6 »

pajimoh wrote:Open ya eyes and look at the spelling - Morata is spelt differently to Ighalo. Olodo - dis simple thing you no fit solve? :tic:
Olodo They asking opinion not whether u are blind
fishward6
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward6 »

charlie wrote:First of all, this is a very Ori eja type of poll?
How can you ask what the difference is between 2players, and make that a yes/no poll???? Makes ZERO sense.

Anyway sha, to properly answer this question, You need to explain.
IMO, The difference between Ighalo and Morata is Service. Lots of Service!

They are both high maintenance center forwards, that have mediocre pace, they both have a low strike rate, and they both need many opportunities to see the back of the net. Both are relatively poor when it comes to controlling the ball in traffic, creating their own shot, or striking on the volley.
Morata is better with his head than Ighalo, and Ighalo is more of a physical presence than Morata. But other than that, they are both relatively average center forwards.

The only thing that makes them effective is pairing them with a top class, unselfish forward/midfielder that can get them the ball in positions that allow them to exploit their strengths. Morata is lucky to have an inform Hazard around him these days. Ighala was lucky to have an inform Iwobi yesterday.

Without these support strikers/attacking midfielders, neither Ighalo or Morata are going to be effective. They need Service, and lots of it.
I really dont see why Rohr likes Ighalo, Or Sarri likes Moratta, but if it was my choice, I will not build my attacking force around either of these players.
As u rightly point out and the trick question they are both Useless Strikers do the answer is Yes no difference
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is the kind of thread that needs videos of Samuel Eto'o.

Eto'o once said that a striker should ALWAYS assume that the defender will miss the ball. ALWAYS!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:This is the kind of thread that needs videos of Samuel Eto'o.

Eto'o once said that a striker should ALWAYS assume that the defender will miss the ball. ALWAYS!
The Danfo driver is back from jail, welcome to freedom bro :D .
Now I can start enjoying my favorite hobby again ...............Borinho the football-coward bashing. :thumbs: :thumbs: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:This is the kind of thread that needs videos of Samuel Eto'o.

Wow, you are back!!! :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Why are options to a question that never gave an actual choice Yes/No :???:
funny thing is some people are voting
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Molue Conductor wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Why are options to a question that never gave an actual choice Yes/No :???:
funny thing is some people are voting
:rotf: Complicated But Simple types!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Fishbrain is back from the joint with his stupid questions, :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

What's the difference between fish head and fish eyes?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley