OK..can someone unconfuse me from this Afcon table thing?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
OK..can someone unconfuse me from this Afcon table thing?

Post by paj »

For Ghana Group Bret-Fart talk sey na only one team fit make am..yet for our group dem talk sey na two..which is which?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OK..can someone unconfuse me from this Afcon table thing

Post by pajimoh »

First you have to reduce narcotic abuse. That should reduce your confusion by 80% :tic: :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

pajimoh wrote:First you have to reduce narcotic abuse. That should reduce your confusion by 80%
this coming from pesin who's IQ match him age.. :evil: GERRARRAHIA!! no be me U suppose troll o..na dat dokita wey carry ya head knack wall for delivery room U suppose pursue..now..U have the answer or wetin? :mad:
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The fake Maradona's country is rumoured to have withdrawn, so only matches between the other 3 countries (Ghana, Kenya & Ethiopia) may count.

If that is the case, CAF is likely to mandate that only one team will qualify from that group.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

truetalk wrote:The fake Maradona's country is rumoured to have withdrawn, so only matches between the other 3 countries (Ghana, Kenya & Ethiopia) may count.

If that is the case, CAF is likely to mandate that only one team will qualify from that group.
With 3 countries left, if SL suspension is confirmed then only one team qualifies. The same happened to Nigeria last afcon.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:The fake Maradona's country is rumoured to have withdrawn, so only matches between the other 3 countries (Ghana, Kenya & Ethiopia) may count.

With 3 countries left, if SL suspension is confirmed then only one team qualifies. The same happened to Nigeria last afcon.
If Ghana drops out this would make my day..make I call Kanye West for Sample beat... :taunt:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

And why would they do that ?

The rules stipulate that e top 2 teams in every group qualify, other than Cameroons group where one of he teams have to be Cameroon.

If Sierra Leone is disqualified then 2 of Kenya, Ghana, Ethiopia will qualify.

People are trying to compare what happened to us last time around when Chad dropped out to this time with SL but the 2 situations are entirely different.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

pajimoh wrote:

No it's not the same.

Last time around Only 1 team was guaranteed from each group and the runners up would be competing based on points, however this time around there is no competition between runners up because every group has the top 2 teams qualify automatically with an exception of the Cameroon group where one of the 2 teams has to be Cameroon.

Why is everybody so ignorant of the rules ? Go read the Wikipedia page.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

CAF and it's weird qualification formats...
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I still think that what happened with Chad was a mess.

Chad should have received far more punishment.

You cannot derail the balance in a group, because of lack of foresight.

Is every African country really expected to approach a group, as if one member will be absent at a later date? Seems logical, but it isn't. Any country that is banned or drops out due to a reason such as finances, should receive MASSIVE punishment, in addition to whatever punishment they already have. I.e. Sierra Leone should be banned from two AFCON qualifiers at least.

It makes a mockery of things. If your house is not in order, don't participate!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

pajimoh wrote:

why do you people fail to read and lack simple logic?
In 2017 16 teams played in the finals
2019 - 24 teams will qualify to play in the final tournament including Cameroon
There are 12 qualifying groups

Now use your grey matter :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Rawlings wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

why do you people fail to read and lack simple logic?
In 2017 16 teams played in the finals
2019 - 24 teams will qualify to play in the final tournament including Cameroon
There are 12 qualifying groups

Now use your grey matter :winking:
There are 12 groups of 4 teams when the rules were made. Withdrawal of Sierra Leone changes that initial balance.

I won’t be surprised if CAF decides the last place between the better placed runner up team between the Ghana and Cameron group. That is assuming Cameroon finishes out of top 2.That at least will be the logical thing to do.

If however Cameroon finishes among the top 2 in their group, that renders this permutation mute.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Well thanks to Sierra Leon withdrawing Ghana will lose a potential 6 points and Ethiopia will only need a point to end them.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This has really been a bad football year for the bredas, missing out of the world cup and at risk of missing the next AFCON.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Sierra Leon was suspended by FIFA. They didn't withdraw.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Well thanks to Sierra Leon withdrawing Ghana will lose a potential 6 points and Ethiopia will only need a point to end them.
You guys still so not comprehend simple maths.

If S Leone is out then Ethiopia will either lose the 3 points they gained beating them, or Ghana will be awarded 6 points.

My point is they will be fine.

They beat Ethiopia 5-0.

They can even lose to Ethiopia and still qualify.

Why is it so hard for you guys to understand basic rules.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Well thanks to Sierra Leon withdrawing Ghana will lose a potential 6 points and Ethiopia will only need a point to end them.
You guys still so not comprehend simple maths.

If S Leone is out then Ethiopia will either lose the 3 points they gained beating them, or Ghana will be awarded 6 points.

My point is they will be fine.

They beat Ethiopia 5-0.

They can even lose to Ethiopia and still qualify.

Why is it so hard for you guys to understand basic rules.
VE,

You seem so fixated on the rules that you assume others do not understand the rules as written. The rules as written is not the issue here, bros.

The point is that those rules were written because of certain LOGIC. Now that sierra Leone is not playing, that LOGIC isn't so logical anymore. :rotf: Thus, the debate is simply THINKING about what CAF would rule in order to maintain FAIRNESS. That is the issue, my brother. It isn't as if CAF has not made changes to its rules before.

Let me even add another wrinkle:

Assume CAF decides to rule Cameroon out as host because of the ongoing crisis in Cameroon. Assume also that Morocco is chosen as host and assume Morocco finishes out of the top two spots (This is just an assumption!). Do you still think those rules on qualifying still apply? :rotf: Point is that you need to thin out of the box and beyond the existing rules.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics