Having rewatched the Game V Libya twice ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Having rewatched the Game V Libya twice ...

Post by Adisboy »

I can't see Libya getting anything out of today's game unless they have some top tier players hidden which they intend to introduce or we don't take it serious. Also i evaluated Isaac Success for the last 15 minutes he played. Unlike Ighalo he sees a clearer picture in terms of attack. He was involved with a lot of interplay with Iwobi and put Onyekuru through twice. His through pass to Onyekuru initiated the 4th goal. He seems very intelligent and has high level awareness just like Iwobi. Very unfortunate to have that call against him in injury time when through on goal. I think we have a gem here.

Defence handled the threat well, but we still need a bit more maturity in the midfield (Mikel still needed folks).

Overall, we where quite comfortable as the Libyans have only 1 shot on target for the whole match. Going forward we are looking frightening in attack and willing to predict that there's a few more hidings in-store for a lot more African teams that would face us in the future.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Having rewatched the Game V Libya twice ...

Post by Tobi17 »

The team is very young and exciting, just watched the game again. With that been said, leave nothing to chance with this North Africans, especially when playing them on their own turf... they will pull every trick and antics out of the woodwork just to win dirty. The boys have to be very focused, no time for useless showboating, just get the business done and get out of there. Good luck the Eagles.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Anything is possible in football. I think we need to be careful defensively. Control the game by passing the ball and counter when possible. A couple of over the top balls to Musa or Ighalo.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The game is in Tunisia.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I watched the first half again and we actually played very well even though the first time watching a stream that buffered quite a bit I thought we were poor.

We were not poor at all, in fact our passing was very good up until the final ball in the box. We had complete control of the game.

Also I agree with the sentiment that in the 15 minutes Success was on the pitch he displayed to me that after Iwobi he was the smartest and most effective team player on the pitch who read the game well and kept it simple and effective.

I don't know why Rohr does not start him today and why he is going with the exact same lineup when we have a deep offensive bench today.

Also, Musa was easily the worst player on the pitch for us. He was the weakest link by far. I personally would replace Musa with Success. Smart and cerebral players are needed on the wing. Why not see what an Ighalo, Success, Kalu combo would achieve. The only thing I can see would be that Rohr wants Musas Defence output , this being an away match.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I haven't re watched the second half yet but if I thought the first half was poor originally and it wasn't at all e the second half must have been a master class because I thought it was very good the initial time I watched it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Musa was played out of position and delivered the cross for Ighalo third goal

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:I haven't re watched the second half yet but if I thought the first half was poor originally and it wasn't at all e the second half must have been a master class because I thought it was very good the initial time I watched it.
The second half was probably one of the best displays of Nigerian football I've seen in a while, the slick passing, intelligent link up plays, smart use on and off the ball etc... definitely a good resume for this new generation.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:I haven't re watched the second half yet but if I thought the first half was poor originally and it wasn't at all e the second half must have been a master class because I thought it was very good the initial time I watched it.
It was a blessing that I missed most of the first half and watched the second half when we were up so there was less tension. The truth is those complaining about poor passing in the first half were literally talking about a 5 minute stretch right after Shehu first went down with injury. After which we picked it back up and dominated these guys all the way through, keeping good possession of the ball. The Keepers clearances were the biggest culprit during that 5 minute stretch with a couple of any where belle face clearances. But this was really a much improved game possession wise esp. compared to the Seychelles game which was completely atrocious, but I give them a pass b/c of the bumpiness of the pitch.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:Musa was played out of position and delivered the cross for Ighalo third goal
That pass was a very poor pass that should have been intercepted, and WOULD have been intercepted 9 times out of ten. The Libyan defender fluffed it. Other than that poor pass Musa added virtually nothing to our attack, misplacing passes left and right, although he put in a defensive shift, but that is not good enough at this level.

Musa does not work on the wings, I don't know why we keep repeating things we KNOW do not work.

For me Musa is only effective if we play a 352, as one of the top 2 strikers.

I would not play him as a lone striker in a 433, as he gives us no holdup play and he is super useless out wide.

Frankly I see Rohr continuing to play an ineffective Musa out of position simply based on his recent goals.

Either change your formation and play Musa where he is effective, OR BENCH HIM.

Personally I don't think we should be building our team around Musa. He is not that exceptional.

Our team should be built around Iwobi with the formation that gives him the most attacking freedom yet gives us enough midfield defensive cover.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Musa was played out of position and delivered the cross for Ighalo third goal
Yea, a poor cross...as he was poor throughout most of the game giving bad passes and poor touches all over the field. Basically messing up a lot of our good moves. But we know his limitations and just have to live with it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'll fancy a formation that can accommodate Success, Onyekuru, Kalu and Iwobi at the same time, with one to come off for Nacho ... too much to ask for?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Tobi17 wrote:I'll fancy a formation that can accommodate Success, Onyekuru, Kalu and Iwobi at the same time, with one to come off for Nacho ... too much to ask for?
KPOM :thumb: . This should be the future.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:I'll fancy a formation that can accommodate Success, Onyekuru, Kalu and Iwobi at the same time, with one to come off for Nacho ... too much to ask for?
This could be the optimum attack, but Onyekuru and Kalu need to chill and play for the team and not personal glory. They do that and this attack will be fire.

What really excites me was the vision, awareness, and effectiveness of Success in that 15 minutes. To be honest Nigeria rarely parades players that consistently make the right attacking decisions with the frequency he did.

When you get a few players like that on the pitch you will score a lot of goals. The Success of old will dribble into culd u sacs and dive around. I hope this truly is a new Success.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
This could be the optimum attack, but Onyekuru and Kalu need to chill and play for the team and not personal glory. They do that and this attack will be fire.

What really excites me was the vision, awareness, and effectiveness of Success in that 15 minutes. To be honest Nigeria rarely parades players that consistently make the right attacking decisions with the frequency he did.

When you get a few players like that on the pitch you will score a lot of goals. The Success of old will dribble into culd u sacs and dive around. I hope this truly is a new Success.
Onyekuru is really not that good despite his physical attributes (speed), Kalu to me is miles better simply because of his close ball control and dribbling skills as they make him a viable winger where Onyekuru is more so a forward (another Musa) and a small statured one at that. I'm really high on Kalu, that close ball control cannot be taught and only him, Iwobi, Success and few others really have the ball stick to their feet, but he can do it at speed running at defenders. Its little wonder he immediately became a starter from his first game with the SE - unlike Onyekuru.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

LOL we should simply disable commentary during the game on CE. way too many high strung emotional people full dis site.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sorry, but I thought Kalu was equally as poor, if not worse.

On several occasions in both halves, he was extremely selfish with the ball (Moses ain't got nothing on this guy in terms of being a ball hog). Watching the game again, you could see almost every one of his mates were extremely frustrated with him.

If he continues along these lines, I see him gracing the bench, like he has with his club Girondans Bourdeaux, over their last couple of games, primarily because of not being a team player.
vancity eagle wrote:I watched the first half again and we actually played very well even though the first time watching a stream that buffered quite a bit I thought we were poor.

We were not poor at all, in fact our passing was very good up until the final ball in the box. We had complete control of the game.

Also I agree with the sentiment that in the 15 minutes Success was on the pitch he displayed to me that after Iwobi he was the smartest and most effective team player on the pitch who read the game well and kept it simple and effective.

I don't know why Rohr does not start him today and why he is going with the exact same lineup when we have a deep offensive bench today.

Also, Musa was easily the worst player on the pitch for us. He was the weakest link by far. I personally would replace Musa with Success. Smart and cerebral players are needed on the wing. Why not see what an Ighalo, Success, Kalu combo would achieve. The only thing I can see would be that Rohr wants Musas Defence output , this being an away match.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Otitokoro wrote:Sorry, but I thought Kalu was equally as poor, if not worse.

On several occasions in both halves, he was extremely selfish with the ball (Moses ain't got nothing on this guy in terms of being a ball hog). Watching the game again, you could see almost every one of his mates were extremely frustrated with him.

If he continues along these lines, I see him gracing the bench, like he has with his club Girondans Bourdeaux, over their last couple of games, primarily because of not being a team player.
vancity eagle wrote:I watched the first half again and we actually played very well even though the first time watching a stream that buffered quite a bit I thought we were poor.

Yes I agree he was extremely selfish, but he did create chances and scored a beautiful goal. Musa didn't do jack but pass the ball to the opponents. Even his "assist" was a pass to an opponent. He was easily the weakest link.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Two times in 4 days plus the original match i.e. 3 times - what job do you do?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Again, thanks for posting the video.

I agree with you that the team has really started to take shape.
Actually, I was most impressed with our midfield play - especially the combo of Iwobi, Ndidi and Etebo. I thought the flow of the game and pace was dictated by their quick passing and graft. Considering that was the first time they played as a unit, I thought they put in a superb performance. Iwobi brought a new level of creativity and deft passing to the midfield, which I thought brought out the best in Ndidi and Etebo.

Upfront, wasn't too impressed. In spite of Ighalo's hattrick, I thought he was quite average. He was pretty lucky to have gotten the first and last goal (which he really fumbled on and was lucky it went in). Wasn't impressed with Kalu either - way too damn selfish on the ball. Musa did not have one of his better games, either.

Defensively, we were okay but made a ton of mistakes, especially in the central defense. A lot of opportunity for improvement.
Adisboy wrote:I can't see Libya getting anything out of today's game unless they have some top tier players hidden which they intend to introduce or we don't take it serious. Also i evaluated Isaac Success for the last 15 minutes he played. Unlike Ighalo he sees a clearer picture in terms of attack. He was involved with a lot of interplay with Iwobi and put Onyekuru through twice. His through pass to Onyekuru initiated the 4th goal. He seems very intelligent and has high level awareness just like Iwobi. Very unfortunate to have that call against him in injury time when through on goal. I think we have a gem here.

Defence handled the threat well, but we still need a bit more maturity in the midfield (Mikel still needed folks).

Overall, we where quite comfortable as the Libyans have only 1 shot on target for the whole match. Going forward we are looking frightening in attack and willing to predict that there's a few more hidings in-store for a lot more African teams that would face us in the future.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Sorry, but I thought Kalu was equally as poor, if not worse.

He might have been selfish on a couple of plays but he was a team player overall, he tried to set up Ighalo multiple times. Musa was also selfish on a few plays, same thing with Iwobi who didn't play the first time pass on a few occasions but tried to dribble and lost it. When we say Musa was poor, that was in passing, as in giving inaccurate passes leading to balls lost or miscontroling the ball something Kalu was NOT doing. Kalu gave accurate passes and his ball retention was high. Even when attacking he usually beat his marker and got a cross in. Musa was generally messing up the flow of our attacking play and ball retention with his poor control and passing.
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Otitokoro wrote:Again, thanks for posting the video.

I agree with you that the team has really started to take shape.
Actually, I was most impressed with our midfield play - especially the combo of Iwobi, Ndidi and Etebo. I thought the flow of the game and pace was dictated by their quick passing and graft. Considering that was the first time they played as a unit, I thought they put in a superb performance. Iwobi brought a new level of creativity and deft passing to the midfield, which I thought brought out the best in Ndidi and Etebo.

Upfront, wasn't too impressed. In spite of Ighalo's hattrick, I thought he was quite average. He was pretty lucky to have gotten the first and last goal (which he really fumbled on and was lucky it went in). Wasn't impressed with Kalu either - way too damn selfish on the ball. Musa did not have one of his better games, either.

Defensively, we were okay but made a ton of mistakes, especially in the central defense. A lot of opportunity for improvement.
Adisboy wrote:I can't see Libya getting anything out of today's game unless they have some top tier players hidden which they intend to introduce or we don't take it serious. Also i evaluated Isaac Success for the last 15 minutes he played. Unlike Ighalo he sees a clearer picture in terms of attack. He was involved with a lot of interplay with Iwobi and put Onyekuru through twice. His through pass to Onyekuru initiated the 4th goal. He seems very intelligent and has high level awareness just like Iwobi. Very unfortunate to have that call against him in injury time when through on goal. I think we have a gem here.

Kalu was very selfish...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

Can somebody please post the full match video thanks
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.