LIBYA vs NIGERIA 2-3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIBYA vs NIGERIA 2-3

Post by green4life »

pajimoh wrote:Not complaining but was our first goal offside?

[/video]
Nope. Not a chance.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:

[/video]
Nope. Not a chance.
It looked off to me. Before Iwobi spread the ball to Musa, Ighalo the goalscorer was already in an offside position
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:

[/video]
Nope. Not a chance.
It looked off to me. Before Iwobi spread the ball to Musa, Ighalo the goalscorer was already in an offside position
LOL. Oga that has nothing to do with it.

Musa was onside, Ighalo was not involved in play then so his position doesn't matter. Ighalo comes into play once Musa gets the ball. At that point he was behind the ball.

Not offside by any measure.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ugbowo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:

[/video]
Nope. Not a chance.

Musa was onside, Ighalo was not involved in play then so his position doesn't matter. Ighalo comes into play once Musa gets the ball. At that point he was behind the ball.

So Musa was onside and passed to Ighalo who was already offside and it's not offside?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Pajimoh, Ighalo was onside though it was a very marginal call. The Libyan defenders tried to play the offside trap, but got exposed once again like they did when Iwobi played that pass to Ighalo in the first leg.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

pajimoh wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:

[/video]
Nope. Not a chance.

So Musa was onside and passed to Ighalo who was already offside and it's not offside?
Think he is saying Igalo could only have been offside or interfering with play if he was ahead of Musa once he received the Pass from Musa.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

DIMKA76 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:

[/video]
Nope. Not a chance.

Think he is saying Igalo could only have been offside or interfering with play if he was ahead of Musa once he received the Pass from Musa.
I thought he was but it could be the camera angle. I stopped and played it frame by frame and Ighalo looked off but I could be wrong
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

pajimoh wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:

[/video]
Nope. Not a chance.

I thought he was but it could be the camera angle. I stopped and played it frame by frame and Ighalo looked off but I could be wrong
Those were my initial thoughts too.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

pajimoh wrote:I thought he was but it could be the camera angle. I stopped and played it frame by frame and Ighalo looked off but I could be wrong
Dude, what are you on about? There is no confusion here, Ighalo was CLEARLY behind Musa at the point Musa kicked the ball. We even have the benefit of a level camera angle.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Orion wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I thought he was but it could be the camera angle. I stopped and played it frame by frame and Ighalo looked off but I could be wrong
Dude, what are you on about? There is no confusion here, Ighalo was CLEARLY behind Musa at the point Musa kicked the ball. We even have the benefit of a level camera angle.
Obviously I'm seeing things from the clip. Thanks for the clarification
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I must say I didn't know about that rule.

So as long as you are behind the onside player (Musa), you are not offside?

Makes sense.

Based on our wrong interpretation of the rule, Ighalo was definitely offside, but it is NOT the right interpretation.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tbite wrote:I must say I didn't know about that rule.

Makes sense.

Based on our wrong interpretation of the rule, Ighalo was definitely offside, but it is NOT the right interpretation.
Has to do with where the ball is not where Musa is. As long as Iggy was behind or level with the ball before Musas pass then he’s on.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nigeria won both games, 7-2 on aggregate, and Ighalo scored 5 goals in 2 games. Yet Nigerian fans complain about the team and call for Ighalo to be dropped.
Last edited by wiseone on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

wiseone wrote:Nigeria won both games, 7-2 on aggregate, and Ighalo scored 5 goals in 2 games. Yet Nigerian fans complain about the team and call for Igahlo to be dropped.
It is a shame to be honest with you, a damn shame if you ask me...smh. You will also notice how they called for Musa to be dropped in the name of "fresh legs"...Fans sha... :roll:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Guys did you notice that the jerseys had names of the players on it. For a qualifier that was very impressive. Hopefully we keep it up.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Robbynice wrote:
wiseone wrote:Nigeria won both games, 7-2 on aggregate, and Ighalo scored 5 goals in 2 games. Yet Nigerian fans complain about the team and call for Igahlo to be dropped.
It is a shame to be honest with you, a damn shame if you ask me...smh. You will also notice how they called for Musa to be dropped in the name of "fresh legs"...Fans sha... :roll:

Frankly one of the more myopic things I've read on CE in recent times.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Robbynice wrote:It is a shame to be honest with you, a damn shame if you ask me...smh. You will also notice how they called for Musa to be dropped in the name of "fresh legs"...Fans sha... :roll:
Nope. He was called to be dropped because he plays in a junk league. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Robbynice wrote:

Lol
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIBYA vs NIGERIA 2-2

Post by fabio »

txj wrote: That's right...
That way you can ensure subs in case of injury.

Never mind that the game could be lost (or won) with that sub...

It's always a good thing to save for the rainy day!
charlie
It's an old school approach, one that makes a lot of sense.
But in today's game, clearly Etebo was tiring. He should have brought in help much earlier just to release some of the pressure in midfield.
Tbite
The chance that we will be punished when we are lacking in a department is much much higher than the likelihood of being punished due to an injury or red card.

The chance that we would have qualified for the 2nd round of the World Cup, by simply subbing off a tired and beaten Idowu is quite high!

We almost blew this opportunity today, once again due to subs! The result notwithstanding! The man has no excuses.
The YeyeMan
He's just a slow thinking coach. Being slow to think and process information isn't a philosophy.

A hint of the coach's philosophy

[/video]

[/video]
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wiseone wrote:Nigeria won both games, 7-2 on aggregate, and Ighalo scored 5 goals in 2 games. Yet Nigerian fans complain about the team and call for Ighalo to be dropped.
Nigerians called for Ighalo to be dropped before the games after 3 goals in 25 games and no goals in 10, which included the wc. Maybe Watford should not have sold him for not scoring after scoring so many goals for them previously?

Chief relax, you justify your place in the team by doing what you're supposed to do. Ighalo did not do that for a long time. Now he's doing it. Scoring 590 goals in 2 games cannot change the fact he failed to score in so many games.
If you're pleased with non scoring strikers then we should have left our previous strike who quit the team there.

Nigerians, they behave others opinions are not valid. msshhhewww
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:

[/video]
Nope. Not a chance.
If Iwobi had passed to Odion, he would have been offside. Iwobi passed to Musa (a beauty by the way) who cut back to Odion to score. Odion was not offside.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Tbite wrote:I must say I didn't know about that rule.

Makes sense.

Is the offside rule that difficult :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:

[/video]
Nope. Not a chance.
If Iwobi had passed to Odion, he would have been offside. Iwobi passed to Musa (a beauty by the way) who cut back to Odion to score. Odion was not offside.
Stop it at 57 seconds. That was why I called it. You could clearly see Ighalo was off before the ball was played. Musa was on. Ighalo never came back on side. The ball was passed to him to score. If the rule allows him to score from there because Iwobi did not initially pass to him, all good. I just wanted clarity