Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: LIBYA vs NIGERIA 2-3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:40 pm 

pajimoh wrote:
Not complaining but was our first goal offside?

Nope. Not a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:55 pm 

green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Nope. Not a chance.

It looked off to me. Before Iwobi spread the ball to Musa, Ighalo the goalscorer was already in an offside position

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:13 pm 

pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Nope. Not a chance.

It looked off to me. Before Iwobi spread the ball to Musa, Ighalo the goalscorer was already in an offside position

LOL. Oga that has nothing to do with it.

Musa was onside, Ighalo was not involved in play then so his position doesn't matter. Ighalo comes into play once Musa gets the ball. At that point he was behind the ball.

Not offside by any measure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:15 pm 

Ugbowo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Nope. Not a chance.

Musa was onside, Ighalo was not involved in play then so his position doesn't matter. Ighalo comes into play once Musa gets the ball. At that point he was behind the ball.

So Musa was onside and passed to Ighalo who was already offside and it's not offside?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:45 pm 

Pajimoh, Ighalo was onside though it was a very marginal call. The Libyan defenders tried to play the offside trap, but got exposed once again like they did when Iwobi played that pass to Ighalo in the first leg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:51 pm 

pajimoh wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Nope. Not a chance.

So Musa was onside and passed to Ighalo who was already offside and it's not offside?

Think he is saying Igalo could only have been offside or interfering with play if he was ahead of Musa once he received the Pass from Musa.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:54 pm 

DIMKA76 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Nope. Not a chance.

Think he is saying Igalo could only have been offside or interfering with play if he was ahead of Musa once he received the Pass from Musa.

I thought he was but it could be the camera angle. I stopped and played it frame by frame and Ighalo looked off but I could be wrong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:58 pm 

pajimoh wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Nope. Not a chance.

I thought he was but it could be the camera angle. I stopped and played it frame by frame and Ighalo looked off but I could be wrong

Those were my initial thoughts too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:01 am 

pajimoh wrote:

Dude, what are you on about? There is no confusion here, Ighalo was CLEARLY behind Musa at the point Musa kicked the ball. We even have the benefit of a level camera angle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:05 am 

Orion wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Dude, what are you on about? There is no confusion here, Ighalo was CLEARLY behind Musa at the point Musa kicked the ball. We even have the benefit of a level camera angle.

Obviously I'm seeing things from the clip. Thanks for the clarification

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:35 am 

I must say I didn't know about that rule.

So as long as you are behind the onside player (Musa), you are not offside?

Makes sense.

Based on our wrong interpretation of the rule, Ighalo was definitely offside, but it is NOT the right interpretation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:59 am 

Tbite wrote:

Makes sense.

Based on our wrong interpretation of the rule, Ighalo was definitely offside, but it is NOT the right interpretation.

Has to do with where the ball is not where Musa is. As long as Iggy was behind or level with the ball before Musas pass then he’s on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:13 am 

Nigeria won both games, 7-2 on aggregate, and Ighalo scored 5 goals in 2 games. Yet Nigerian fans complain about the team and call for Ighalo to be dropped.

Last edited by wiseone on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:16 am 
Site Admin

wiseone wrote:
Nigeria won both games, 7-2 on aggregate, and Ighalo scored 5 goals in 2 games. Yet Nigerian fans complain about the team and call for Igahlo to be dropped.

It is a shame to be honest with you, a damn shame if you ask me...smh. You will also notice how they called for Musa to be dropped in the name of "fresh legs"...Fans sha... :roll:

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:18 am 
Site Admin

Guys did you notice that the jerseys had names of the players on it. For a qualifier that was very impressive. Hopefully we keep it up.

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:23 am 

Robbynice wrote:
wiseone wrote:
Nigeria won both games, 7-2 on aggregate, and Ighalo scored 5 goals in 2 games. Yet Nigerian fans complain about the team and call for Igahlo to be dropped.

It is a shame to be honest with you, a damn shame if you ask me...smh. You will also notice how they called for Musa to be dropped in the name of "fresh legs"...Fans sha... :roll:

Frankly one of the more myopic things I've read on CE in recent times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 am 

Robbynice wrote:

Nope. He was called to be dropped because he plays in a junk league. :D

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:39 am 

Robbynice wrote:
wiseone wrote:

Lol

Post subject: Re: LIBYA vs NIGERIA 2-2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:52 am 

txj wrote:
That's right...
That way you can ensure subs in case of injury.

Never mind that the game could be lost (or won) with that sub...

It's always a good thing to save for the rainy day!

charlie
Quote:
It's an old school approach, one that makes a lot of sense.
But in today's game, clearly Etebo was tiring. He should have brought in help much earlier just to release some of the pressure in midfield.

Tbite
Quote:
The chance that we will be punished when we are lacking in a department is much much higher than the likelihood of being punished due to an injury or red card.

The chance that we would have qualified for the 2nd round of the World Cup, by simply subbing off a tired and beaten Idowu is quite high!

We almost blew this opportunity today, once again due to subs! The result notwithstanding! The man has no excuses.

The YeyeMan
Quote:
He's just a slow thinking coach. Being slow to think and process information isn't a philosophy.

A hint of the coach's philosophy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 am 

wiseone wrote:
Nigeria won both games, 7-2 on aggregate, and Ighalo scored 5 goals in 2 games. Yet Nigerian fans complain about the team and call for Ighalo to be dropped.

Nigerians called for Ighalo to be dropped before the games after 3 goals in 25 games and no goals in 10, which included the wc. Maybe Watford should not have sold him for not scoring after scoring so many goals for them previously?

Chief relax, you justify your place in the team by doing what you're supposed to do. Ighalo did not do that for a long time. Now he's doing it. Scoring 590 goals in 2 games cannot change the fact he failed to score in so many games.
If you're pleased with non scoring strikers then we should have left our previous strike who quit the team there.

Nigerians, they behave others opinions are not valid. msshhhewww

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:53 am 

pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Nope. Not a chance.

If Iwobi had passed to Odion, he would have been offside. Iwobi passed to Musa (a beauty by the way) who cut back to Odion to score. Odion was not offside.

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:54 am 

Tbite wrote:

Makes sense.

Is the offside rule that difficult :shock: :shock: :shock:

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:58 am 

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Nope. Not a chance.

If Iwobi had passed to Odion, he would have been offside. Iwobi passed to Musa (a beauty by the way) who cut back to Odion to score. Odion was not offside.

Stop it at 57 seconds. That was why I called it. You could clearly see Ighalo was off before the ball was played. Musa was on. Ighalo never came back on side. The ball was passed to him to score. If the rule allows him to score from there because Iwobi did not initially pass to him, all good. I just wanted clarity

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next