South Africa 0 Sychelles 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
South Africa 0 Sychelles 0

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Sychelles away isn't easy for the average African national team I guess.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: South Africa 0 Sychelles 0

Post by Otitokoro »

Wow.
Surprised at this result.
That means if Nigeria win today in Sfax vs. Libya, we go top of the group.
Eaglezbeak wrote:Sychelles away isn't easy for the average African national team I guess.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote:Wow.
Surprised at this result.
That means if Nigeria win today in Sfax vs. Libya, we go top of the group.
Eaglezbeak wrote:Sychelles away isn't easy for the average African national team I guess.

Why are you surprised?

A lot of folks devalued our 3-0 win over there as if say na beans. But South Africa have found out first hand how difficult it is to navigate that pitch.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

When people were screaming that SA Seychelles 6-0 , I told them it was a home game, wait til they go on the road.

Well people soon found out. Yes people tried to devalue our away win and I said go look at the records and tell me when last a team beat them on the road by 3 goals.

Going by Libya and SA results against them at home I expect double figures if our boys take this game seriously.

This should be as similar to the Tahiti game we played back at the confed cup. But I think Seychelles may actually be better than that hapless Tahiti team.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... but as always, people were bad-mouthing the Super-eagles (SE) for winning Sychelles by ONLY three goals when we played them in their home
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

South Africa have always been a yoyo team, look at the rubbish kpalongo football they play in their league ,results.like this wont suprise you.
That said ,no victory comes easy and no matter how small or bad a team is, you still have to fight to win the game kudos to our team on that.

Everything now said, we should be beating the likes pf Seychelles who parade Obanta level footballers 5 out of 5. Not to beat them should make any.pro who knows his worth cover his face in shame.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

South Africa is a very useless team
Now I am 99% certain Naija will make it to AFCON 2019
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Odas wrote:
... but as always, people were bad-mouthing the Super-eagles (SE) for winning Sychelles by ONLY three goals when we played them in their home
Never listen to those clowns,I’m sure some of them are Ghanaian!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Omo the way the score is written is confusing. First, it looks like SA is playing at home. Is it a final score? I've been trying for years to get people to always put the hosts first when writing scores. This is an Internationally know convention, not unless you speak and write in Arabic. In which case it is the reverse.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sychelles 0 - South Africa 0

Post by Eaglezbeak »

DIMKA76 wrote:Omo the way the score is written is confusing. First, it looks like SA is playing at home. Is it a final score? I've been trying for years to get people to always put the hosts first when writing scores. This is an Internationally know convention, not unless you speak and write in Arabic. In which case it is the reverse.
You are right that would be the correct way to present it but South Africa came to mind before Sychelles its been corrected for you with a hyphon in between!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

is this a full time score
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

jette1 wrote:is this a full time score
Yes.