Apologies to Ighalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fishward6
Egg
Egg
Apologies to Ighalo

Post by fishward6 »

Please join me in apologizing to Ighalo he has shown today he is the real deal. Head never dropped the concentration was there for 93 mins and if his teammates had passed to him more we would have had another hat trick if not more!!! :sad:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Apologies to Ighalo

Post by pajimoh »

3 goals in 25 and now 6 goals in 3 games. Looks like he should have been criticised a long time ago. Criticism works
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

fishward6 wrote:Please join me in apologizing to Ighalo he has shown today he is the real deal. Head never dropped the concentration was there for 93 mins and if his teammates had passed to him more we would have had another hat trick if not more!!! :sad:

Join you wetin?, now that hate has left your heart, you can join us :thumbs:
Ighalo baller
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fishward6 wrote:Please join me in apologizing to Ighalo he has shown today he is the real deal. Head never dropped the concentration was there for 93 mins and if his teammates had passed to him more we would have had another hat trick if not more!!! :sad:
I can't join you, I never criticized him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

He sucked phat balls at the W.C so he has a lot of apologizing to do with goals.
Peter Obi For President 2023
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Babalawo wrote:He sucked phat balls at the W.C so he has a lot of apologizing to do with goals.
It's like our people are incapable of stating facts without getting emotional. Can you imagine if he had been scoring like this or even chip in with a goal or two at the WC?

But that fact is lost on a lot of peeps
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

A strikers worth is based on his consistency.

NOBODY was wrong to criticise him. An inconsistent striker should ALWAYS be criticised and Ighalo was VERY VERY VERY inconsistent.

If we didn't criticise him, we would be mental patients.

I hope he goes on to establish himself now, and we will support him.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tbite wrote:A strikers worth is based on his consistency.

NOBODY was wrong to criticise him. An inconsistent striker should ALWAYS be criticised and Ighalo was VERY VERY VERY inconsistent.

If we didn't criticise him, we would be mental patients.

I hope he goes on to establish himself now, and we will support him.
A striker like Kane will not scoe in 3 games and it would seem the world is coming to an end. Ighalo will not score in 7 and we can't talk. Only naija fans
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Only one of his 6 goals was good...the last one :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

maceo4 wrote:Only one of his 6 goals was good...the last one :mrgreen:

:thumbs:

Goal is goal o
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am still not impressed. I need to see 10 goals at the Afcon from him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:Only one of his 6 goals was good...the last one :mrgreen:
You this man is very wicked. :lol:

Anyway, kudos to Ighalo for stepping up against Libya. Well done :clap:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This is his level now.

I'm glad he won the game for us.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohenhen1 wrote:I am still not impressed. I need to see 10 goals at the Afcon from him.

Nobody in the history of AFCON has scored more than 8 in one tournament, but you want Ighalo to score ten to "impress" you?

Ok.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ighalo is our Ighalo, he is no Yekini or Etoo... but he is a confidence player that will deliver if it's right with him. I'm more hopeful now that we have some exciting attacking options behind him... feed him the ball and he will score.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

He is a waste pipe that can only score against minor............. If i were the coach he wouldn't make the bench on my team :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Babalawo wrote:He sucked phat balls at the W.C so he has a lot of apologizing to do with goals.
He did not "suck" at the WC and he has never "sucked"

Our team actually sucks at creating chances. That was until something changed against Seychelles now we look a completely different side.

I put it to you that it is Iwobi at the AM position that is the only difference in Ighalo's fortune. I said over a year ago that Iwobi is our AM, and people were talking about Kelechi Nwakali that cannot even play in any first division.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

That last goal was pure class by the way and showed that he is high on confidence.

I told people that we do not have a more complete striker than Ighalo. People can also see now how valuable "hold up play" is when you have a creative midfield and wingers who are on the same page.

There is a reason why Didier Drogba is one of the greatest strikers ever, and it is because of his hold up play.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

That second goal is the mark of a player full of confidence. I think he has a strong character to be able to bounce back from the yabs given. Sterling and Ighalo - players referred to as 'misses'. No striker scores in 100% of games.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

metalalloy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I am still not impressed. I need to see 10 goals at the Afcon from him.
Nobody in the history of AFCON has scored more than 8 in one tournament, but you want Ighalo to score ten to "impress" you?

Ok.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: FACTS!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I am happy for him (and us) and give him all due credit. He has virtually single-handedly qualified us for AFCON 2019.

But I have to be honest, I am not really convinced that he is "the real deal" we seek.
I pray to be wrong, but this might turn out to be a "purple patch" as oyibo man dey talk am.

Purple patches are well recognised in football
purple patch
phrase
If someone, especially a sports player or team, goes through a purple patch, they are very successful or lucky for a period.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... rple-patch
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:I am happy for him (and us) and give him all due credit. He has virtually single-handedly qualified us for AFCON 2019.

But I have to be honest, I am not really convinced that he is "the real deal" we seek.
I pray to be wrong, but this might turn out to be a "purple patch" as oyibo man dey talk am.

Purple patches are well recognised in football
purple patch
phrase
If someone, especially a sports player or team, goes through a purple patch, they are very successful or lucky for a period.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... rple-patch
What I don't get is people like Robby, Wale et al who are acting like it was wrong to criticise him because he's now scored 6 goals in 3 games? If you can praise him for doing such then why can't you criticise him for zero goals in 7 games and 3 in 25?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

We can apologies after the South African match if he scores ......but appears the yapies is working. Hopefully that other wastepipe Akpeyi will equally up his game and respond to criticism !!!! And get rid of that daft expression on his face when playing.