Rohr is one frustrating coach...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Rohr is one frustrating coach...

Post by Tobi17 »

Almost feels like an enigma understanding him, why does he always hoard subs even in the most dire of situations when his team is tiring out, under pressure, and the tactical situation begging for fresh legs? we were one sub or two away from edging out Argentina in the last world cup, Rohr sat on his subs, Arg made desperate subs and the rest was history. One would think he would have learned from that misadventure by now, but I fear nothing will change anytime soon with Rohr.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr is one frustrating coach...

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:Almost feels like an enigma understanding him, why does he always hoard subs even in the most dire of situations when his team is tiring out, under pressure, and the tactical situation begging for fresh legs? we were one sub or two away from edging out Argentina in the last world cup, Rohr sat on his subs, Arg made desperate subs and the rest was history. One would think he would have learned from that misadventure by now, but I fear nothing will change anytime soon with Rohr.
Must u complain all the time? They got 6pts out of 6 available. Jeeeez :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Tobi17 wrote:Almost feels like an enigma understanding him, why does he always hoard subs even in the most dire of situations when his team is tiring out, under pressure, and the tactical situation begging for fresh legs? we were one sub or two away from edging out Argentina in the last world cup, Rohr sat on his subs, Arg made desperate subs and the rest was history. One would think he would have learned from that misadventure by now, but I fear nothing will change anytime soon with Rohr.

Rohr is daft, but the SE are winning mainly due to the opposition and new found form of Musa, ighalo, iwobi, Kalu and Ndidi. The SE can do Berra with an intelligent coach.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

9jaMan wrote:

Rohr is daft, but the SE are winning mainly due to the opposition and new found form of Musa, ighalo, iwobi, Kalu and Ndidi. The SE can do Berra with an intelligent coach.
you just listed half the tean but the coach is daft.Mugu :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Your comment is like telling someone on life support - "At least you're alive"
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Hope u know we were lucky, the team was begging for a change. The coach is atimes simply naive almost like wenger making subs very late and wrong ones.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

9jaMan wrote:

I see you are a John 12 wannabe, are you John 13? :rotf:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

9jaMan wrote:

Chief you don't lose 2 goals lead and not ask questions. It's proper to question Rohr. Abeg leave that one. We mostly support him but we won't do it blindly
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Abeg STFU YOU FOOLISH angel*. Our coach has beaten Libya back to back and you’re here criticizing the coach. SE fans are one of the most ungrateful, unapologetic fools ever. Do you think it’s easy beaten a team home and away?? When was the last time Libya lost home and away
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:Abeg STFU YOU FOOLISH angel*. Our coach has beaten Libya back to back and you’re here criticizing the coach. SE fans are one of the most ungrateful, unapologetic fools ever. Do you think it’s easy beaten a team home and away?? When was the last time Libya lost home and away
They lost a 2 goal lead and the coach has been rightly questioned. That is what fans do everywhere. If you don't like it then too bad.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

We did not qualify for 2 AFCONs straight. Here we are now qualifying for the AFCON with ease and some folks are still complaining.

The sense of entitlement is so sickening. :roll:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

K wrote:
Your comment is like telling someone on life support - "At least you're alive"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is one of the reasons I like this place
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Foolish entitled goats they dont realize that SE has miss the last 2 ANC’
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

This is the difference between us and successful nations - the minor details. We got 6 points so no need to look at what we didn't do well and what we did well. Mshheeewwww
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

john12 wrote:Foolish entitled goats they dont realize that SE has miss the last 2 ANC’
No, we've been in space. The funny thing even Rohr will be looking at why we conceded 2 goals. We got out of jail this time against a team that is homeless
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

osita wrote:

Hope u know we were lucky, the team was begging for a change. The coach is atimes simply naive almost like wenger making subs very late and wrong ones.
We were lucky to win? Let me get this straight, the better team over 90 minutes didn't win? :?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Orion wrote:We did not qualify for 2 AFCONs straight. Here we are now qualifying for the AFCON with ease and some folks are still complaining.

The sense of entitlement is so sickening. :roll:
We should have a sense of entitlement when we lose a 2 goal lead to Libya. It would be an over reaction if people are calling for his sack but fans will question you if you let a 2 goal lead slip to any team, talkless of a much lower ranked team. If you want an echo chamber of praise then CE is not for you.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Good win but the coach is rightly being called out and we can only hope he learns from this, we shall see
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Footba is 90 minutes and you should wait until the game is over to criticize. Moreover, I don’t see how you can fault rohr for the goals conceded
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:Abeg STFU YOU FOOLISH angel*. Our coach has beaten Libya back to back and you’re here criticizing the coach. SE fans are one of the most ungrateful, unapologetic fools ever. Do you think it’s easy beaten a team home and away?? When was the last time Libya lost home and away
Rohr is one frustrating coach.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

john12 wrote:Footba is 90 minutes and you should wait until the game is over to criticize. Moreover, I don’t see how you can fault rohr for the goals conceded
No one is faulting Rohr for the goals conceded. He can put the team out but he can't play for the team. He would have to review the performances, defensively and offensively and try to put things right. That is logical

Looking at his own performance whether he could have reacted sooner or use a different tactics is also advisable.
One looks to get better with each performance

Nigeria won 4-0 on home Soil and Rohr commented that the performance wasn't great or could be better. What do you think he'd say conceding 2 goals? He specifically mentioned the defence when we played Libya at home and now he's been proven right
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:Footba is 90 minutes and you should wait until the game is over to criticize. Moreover, I don’t see how you can fault rohr for the goals conceded
There is no such rule. If a team is not playing well fans will call out the team. Nigerians fans have been more patient with this coach than any other in recent history (and that is the right attitude) so when they call him out they are entitled to do so.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Far more patient? You’re MAD and DELUSIONAL! A team that has failed to qualify for the last 2 anc smh