Rohr is one frustrating coach...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr is one frustrating coach...

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:Far more patient? You’re MAD and DELUSIONAL! A team that has failed to qualify for the last 2 anc smh
Your childish insults are a sign of a failed argument. Your failure to check your emotions will soon get you banned again. Back to the issue, what coach have the ever demanding fans shown more patience? What coach?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

john12 wrote:Far more patient? You’re MAD and DELUSIONAL! A team that has failed to qualify for the last 2 anc smh
How old are you John? Were you around when Nigeria used to qualify without even batting an eye lid? Now you're talking as if we should be grateful because we missed the last two afcons? It's precisely because we've settled for mediocrity that we missed the last two. You cannot have a country like Nigeria with 6 WC appearances, missing the afcon. We have a right as fans to be critical. Our emotional commitment is not for nothing
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

My brother I was only making a point to you. Do you see how offended you got by me calling you “ MAD and DELUSIONAL” even without fully understanding your point?? Now, this is how we feel when you guys disparage and denigrate rohr unmerited
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

john12 wrote:My brother I was only making a point to you. Do you see how offended you got by me calling you “ MAD and DELUSIONAL” even without fully understanding your point?? Now, this is how we feel when you guys disparage and denigrate rohr unmerited
Being critical of Rohr should not be seen as denigrating him. In life one can always do better. There's no perfect performance. God forbid, if Libya had come from two goals down to win, would we be entitled to criticise Rohr then?

Even in victory one could still be critical of performance. It's how one becomes perfect
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You can be a constructive critic and people won’t be offended but when you start using unmerited Personal insults at a good coach then it’s offensive. I’m not judging Rohr by what used to happen 20 years ago. I am judging him based on SE previous coaches and ancecedent and knowing how SE failed to qualify for 2 anc’s all I can say is that ROhR has done a good job thus far.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:My brother I was only making a point to you. Do you see how offended you got by me calling you “ MAD and DELUSIONAL” even without fully understanding your point?? Now, this is how we feel when you guys disparage and denigrate rohr unmerited
Maybe you can show me where I insulted Rohr. If I was a football player and fans insult me in the hear of the moment then I'll take it. It is not the same as throwing childish insults at people who don't agree with you. In any case it won't shut me up. I'll call out the coach if there is a reason to do so.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Almost feels like an enigma understanding him, why does he always hoard subs even in the most dire of situations when his team is tiring out, under pressure, and the tactical situation begging for fresh legs? we were one sub or two away from edging out Argentina in the last world cup, Rohr sat on his subs, Arg made desperate subs and the rest was history. One would think he would have learned from that misadventure by now, but I fear nothing will change anytime soon with Rohr.
Must u complain all the time? They got 6pts out of 6 available. Jeeeez :roll:
I agree with Tobi17. Getting all 6pts does not negate an obvious flaw Rohr has-taking too long to make a change. He seems to be cut from the same cloth as Wenger or the old era where subs aren't made till after 70 mins or when an injury occurs.
Against better teams, we will get punished. It makes sense that the energy level of the team had dropped in the second half which necessitated a change to up the overall energy level of the team. When the team is tired is when more mistakes happen. I had no problem with his formation or starting 11. My issue is his slow reaction to change in the game.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Wow! Coach Rohr, didn’t know you were a member of this forum. Welcome sir...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Orion wrote:We did not qualify for 2 AFCONs straight. Here we are now qualifying for the AFCON with ease and some folks are still complaining.

The sense of entitlement is so sickening. :roll:
I tire for some people.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

highbury wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Almost feels like an enigma understanding him, why does he always hoard subs even in the most dire of situations when his team is tiring out, under pressure, and the tactical situation begging for fresh legs? we were one sub or two away from edging out Argentina in the last world cup, Rohr sat on his subs, Arg made desperate subs and the rest was history. One would think he would have learned from that misadventure by now, but I fear nothing will change anytime soon with Rohr.
I agree with Tobi17. Getting all 6pts does not negate an obvious flaw Rohr has-taking too long to make a change. He seems to be cut from the same cloth as Wenger or the old era where subs aren't made till after 70 mins or when an injury occurs.
Against better teams, we will get punished. It makes sense that the energy level of the team had dropped in the second half which necessitated a change to up the overall energy level of the team. When the team is tired is when more mistakes happen. I had no problem with his formation or starting 11. My issue is his slow reaction to change in the game.
According to some pointing this out means that you have insulted Rohr.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont know what Rohr's problem is but his reluctance to use subs is really starting to piss me off.

It could be said that we lost to Argentina precicely because of this.

First of all I do not understand starting the exact same team when we could use some fresher legs, but hey, then he goes on to make these guys play near 90 minutes after playing just a few days earlier.

It was clear as day that some of our players were struggling, and he just sits there and watches us concede goal after goal.

The Ogu sub was actually a daft one, and Ogu gifted Libya the ball right in front of our net and we were lucky not to concede.

Etebo was actually playing well and I would not have subbed him.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

A hint of the coach's philosophy

[/video]

[/video][/quote]
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

We have some unapologetic optimists in our midst, as well as some that see nothing but the negatives. I daresay the middle ground is where we can draw conclusions that will be of benefit to the team going forward - appreciate and consolidate on what is good, and criticise and work on what needs improving. I would imagine we want more than to qualify just because we didn't for the last two tournaments. We want to go to the tournament and win it and our cause to do that will not be helped if we simply celebrate our '6 points out of 6, jeez' without critically assessing what we need to address in order to prevail against better quality teams in the tournament.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Rohr is ultra-conservative and won't change in a hurry. He traditionally makes his changes around the 70th minute and another with about 2-3 minutes left. That's his pattern and I doubt he'll change anytime soon. The worrying part is that the new player can hardly settle into the game, and a player that comes in with just 2 minutes left can hardly influence a match. Changes are supposed to be tactical or strategic. Not just for the fun of it.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

highbury wrote:
He has had this issue from the first game he ever coached for us up until the last one he lost. He has a difficult time (hesitation) with making subs.
The match threads are there for folks who think we just love complaining.

The sad part is that he finally makes the subs the fans saw minutes earlier. Why does he have to wait until it is blatantly obvious?

He needs to pay attention and understand when his team needs a boost of fresh legs and make the necessary changes.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:
highbury wrote:
He has had this issue from the first game he ever coached for us up until the last one he lost. He has a difficult time (hesitation) with making subs.
The match threads are there for folks who think we just love complaining.

The sad part is that he finally makes the subs the fans saw minutes earlier. Why does he have to wait until it is blatantly obvious?

He needs to pay attention and understand when his team needs a boost of fresh legs and make the necessary changes.
An old dog won't learn new tricks. He'll be making 89th minute substitutions until he retires with a fat cheque signed by Pinnick. We just have to deal with it.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.