Nigeria Virtually Qualifies + Rating of each player...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nigeria Virtually Qualifies + Rating of each player...

Post by Robbynice »

Rawlings wrote:A bad day for the anti-Nigeria forces
Naija will always disappoint those who hate us

Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace, and unity.
This guy mehn... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I understand the optimism but let’s not count our chickens before they are hatched. We have a tough game in November in SA. If we lose that game, God forbid, and Libya wins in Seychelles then our final game becomes a must win. Hopefully, the SuperEagles will stay focused and get the job done :!:

Cheers.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I understand the optimism but let’s not count our chickens before they are hatched. We have a tough game in November in SA. If we lose that game, God forbid, and Libya wins in Seychelles then our final game becomes a must win. Hopefully, the SuperEagles will stay focused and get the job done :!:

Cheers.
Pay back time. Banana banana must be skinned alive in front of their own fans for the "smash n grab" raid in Nigeria
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I understand the optimism but let’s not count our chickens before they are hatched. We have a tough game in November in SA. If we lose that game, God forbid, and Libya wins in Seychelles then our final game becomes a must win. Hopefully, the SuperEagles will stay focused and get the job done :!:

Cheers.
Our last game is at home to Seychelles. That is about as guaranteed a 3 points as you can get.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:

Cheers.
Our last game is at home to Seychelles. That is about as guaranteed a 3 points as you can get.
Be honest. Did you consider the possibility that we would lose to South Africa at home? Anything can happen in football :!:

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cheers.
we only need a point to qualify .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers.
That is an optimistic perspective. If we only get one point in the final 2 games and Libya wins 2, we’d be tied on 10 points with Libya and our qualification will depend on superior goals aggregate :!:

Cheers.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers.
That is an optimistic perspective. If we only get one point in the final 2 games and Libya wins 2, we’d be tied on 10 points with Libya and our qualification will depend on superior goals aggregate :!:

Cheers.
Dude you are overthinking this thing. Calm down. If you want to be pessimistic go ahead and do you but don't come and put sand in the garri of those of us that are optimistic. Haba

Btw with your above scenario, we still qualify. You probably do not know this but two teams will qualifiy from the group.

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
Dude you are overthinking this thing. Calm down. If you want to be pessimistic go ahead and do you but don't come and put sand in the garri of those of us that are optimistic. Haba

Btw with your above scenario, we still qualify. You probably do not know this but two teams will qualifiy from the group.
Cheiii see gentle yabbis! :bump:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.

Don’t make me laugh. Are you for real? Is it that you don’t realize that in that scenario, SA would have 11 points to effectively win the group meaning that one of Nigeria and Libya would be left holding the bag? Look, I am quite happy where we are now, considering where we came from but I’m not going to take anything for granted until the fat lady sings :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.

Don’t make me laugh. Are you for real? Is it that you don’t realize that in that scenario, SA would have 11 points to effectively win the group meaning that one of Nigeria and Libya would be left holding the bag? Look, I am quite happy where we are now, considering where we came from but I’m not going to take anything for granted until the fat lady sings :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
No sir.
Head to head comes before goal aggregate. Either we qualify with 10 points as it stands. The maximum Libya can get is 10 points and they will have to pray we lose our two matches or we beat SA for them to have a chance of qualifying.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

bouncino wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.
No sir.
Head to head comes before goal aggregate. Either we qualify with 10 points as it stands. The maximum Libya can get is 10 points and they will have to pray we lose our two matches or we beat SA for them to have a chance of qualifying.
O boy, FIFA current rules has goals aggregate ahead of head 2 head. I am aware that CAF once applied the rules erroneously to eliminate Nigeria but FIFA rules clearly applies goals aggregate before head to head. Fact, not feelings. If Nigeria is tied with Libya, we better have a superior goals aggregate or else we ain’t going anywhere :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

bouncino wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.
No sir.
O boy, FIFA current rules has goals aggregate ahead of head 2 head. I am aware that CAF once applied the rules erroneously to eliminate Nigeria but FIFA rules clearly applies goals aggregate before head to head. Fact, not feelings. If Nigeria is tied with Libya, we better have a superior goals aggregate or else we ain’t going anywhere :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bouncino wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.
No sir.

Cheers.
Oh gosh, here we go again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Afri ... iebreakers

The teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss). If tied on points, tiebreakers are applied in the following order (Regulations Article 14):[1]

1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
5. If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
6. Goal difference in all group matches;
7. Goals scored in all group matches;
8. Away goals scored in all group matches;
9. Drawing of lots.
The 12 group winners and runners-up qualify for the final tournament.

http://www.cafonline.com/Portals/0/Regu ... 202017.pdf
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

maceo4 wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:we only need a point to qualify .

Cheers.

Cheers.
No sir.

Cheers.
Oh gosh, here we go again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Afri ... iebreakers

The teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss). If tied on points, tiebreakers are applied in the following order (Regulations Article 14):[1]

1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
5. If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
6. Goal difference in all group matches;
7. Goals scored in all group matches;
8. Away goals scored in all group matches;
9. Drawing of lots.
The 12 group winners and runners-up qualify for the final tournament.

http://www.cafonline.com/Portals/0/Regu ... 202017.pdf
Na wa oh...TTT is still on this matter? What a wawu.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

vancity eagle wrote:

Cheers.
Be honest. Did you consider the possibility that we would lose to South Africa at home? Anything can happen in football :!:

Cheers.
Anything can happen but not that.

Seychelles is literally one of the worst teams in Africa.

They were mauled 6-0 and 5-1 respectively away from home to Libya and SA.

we will end up with a minimum of 12 points meaning that we will qualify no matter what.

Beating SA is more about pride than anything else.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rawlings wrote:what if (God forbid) Seychelles beat Naija in Lagos?
If there is anything riding on that game, they will be beaten badly.

Here is what I heard from source. When Onazi wondered aloud to the Sports Minister of the Seychelles if they prepared their pitch to keep the scores down? The Sports Minister did not deny strongly, indicating this was indeed their plan.

Onazi then complained the pitch had been responsible for injuries to three SE players. The Sports Minister assured him not to worry, the pitch will be the same for the South Africans.

To which Onazi responded, your boys had better come to Nigeria with extra ball bags because they will need it to collect the balls from their net.

The Minister was not amused. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jette1 wrote:Virtually but what about non-virtual
E11 is spot on. We have indeed virtually qualified.

We and the South Africans know their draw with the Seychelles has put our destiny firmly in our hands.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.