With Ndidi out of the SA game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
With Ndidi out of the SA game

Post by Tobi17 »

Who should step in as a capable replacement? I fancy Ogu filling in the role well cause he is more composed and has better passing abilities than Ndidi, though not as strong defensively. The SA game is a must win one so we need a tested DM pairing, hopefully Mikel should be back cause we will need his experience and discipline... but who gets to pair up with him,Etebo? Ogu? Semi Ajayi?...
9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: With Ndidi out of the SA game

Post by 9jaMan »

Tobi17 wrote:Who should step in as a capable replacement? I fancy Ogu filling in the role well cause he is more composed and has better passing abilities than Ndidi, though not as strong defensively. The SA game is a must win one so we need a tested DM pairing, hopefully Mikel should be back cause we will need his experience and discipline... but who gets to pair up with him,Etebo? Ogu? Semi Ajayi?...

I will take ogu and Mikel, if Mikel is unavailable, then ogu and onazi. Etebo no be am
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

9jaMan wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Who should step in as a capable replacement? I fancy Ogu filling in the role well cause he is more composed and has better passing abilities than Ndidi, though not as strong defensively. The SA game is a must win one so we need a tested DM pairing, hopefully Mikel should be back cause we will need his experience and discipline... but who gets to pair up with him,Etebo? Ogu? Semi Ajayi?...

I will take ogu and Mikel, if Mikel is unavailable, then ogu and onazi. Etebo no be am
Onazi? God forbid, that will be as bad as conceding the whole midfield to the South Africans, talk of losing the ball galore... Abeg let's stick with Mikel and Ogu, those two can keep possession well and are far more tactically smarter than Onazi.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Etebo is SE most complete midfielder and there’s no way he would be benched except injuries. Do you think it’s easy going toe to toe with modric, rakitic and put a good performance?? Ogu will replace ndidi if Mikel is unavailable
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Onazi? God forbid, that will be as bad as conceding the whole midfield to the South Africans, talk of losing the ball galore... Abeg let's stick with Mikel and Ogu, those two can keep possession well and are far more tactically smarter than Onazi.
Lol according to reports Onazi was sps to start oh before he picked an injury then Etebo replaced him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Did anyone not see how slow John Ogu gifted Libya the ball right in front of our goal in his brief appearance.

abeg let us look to the future, and forget about slow Ogu

Azuibikwe Okechukwu
Chidebere Nwakali
Usmain Muhammad

We also have Onazi, Joel Obi, Mikel Agu, Etebo

We will be fine as long as Rohr makes the right decisions, which is a big IF to be honest.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

john12 wrote:Etebo is SE most complete midfielder and there’s no way he would be benched except injuries. Do you think it’s easy going toe to toe with modric, rakitic and put a good performance?? Ogu will replace ndidi if Mikel is unavailable
I am still scratching my head about what happened to Oghenekaro Etebo. :sad: From the potential he showed in the U20 and under previous coaches, he has really really dropped. He needs to ask himself some serious questions. There was a time I felt the whole team will be built around him because he seemed gifted as an end-to-end Paul Scholes-type player. Right now, no.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:Did anyone not see how slow John Ogu gifted Libya the ball right in front of our goal in his brief appearance.

Azuibikwe Okechukwu
Chidebere Nwakali
Usmain Muhammad

We will be fine as long as Rohr makes the right decisions, which is a big IF to be honest.
Its about time this guy gets a call.
From what I have seen of him, close control and ball distribution are A+
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mikel or Onazi can replace Ndidi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Did anyone not see how slow John Ogu gifted Libya the ball right in front of our goal in his brief appearance.

Azuibikwe Okechukwu
Chidebere Nwakali
Usmain Muhammad

The boy plays in Egypt these days, mugus were wrong on his so called talent.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Your opinion, which is not the truth. There is no way Ogu is more composed and a better passer than Ndidi. I don't know what you people watch. Ndidi's passing is underrated. The fact that the guy mops up everything, and tackles frequently doesn't mean he's just a hatchet man and nothing else. Just go and watch Ndidi well before drawing these conclusions.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Azuibikwe Okechukwu
Chidebere Nwakali
Usmain Muhammad

What happened? He was a regular
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Damunk wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Azuibikwe Okechukwu
Chidebere Nwakali
Usmain Muhammad

He was just released by his Egyptian club
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Abbey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Azuibikwe Okechukwu
Chidebere Nwakali
Usmain Muhammad

He only just joined them from Turkey this August and hasn't played a single game.
What's going on?
Is he injured or medically unfit or something? :ohmy:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote:
Abbey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Azuibikwe Okechukwu
Chidebere Nwakali
Usmain Muhammad

He only just joined them from Turkey this August and hasn't played a single game.
What's going on?

Apparently his club has money issues and all of the big acquisitions the club made cannot be paid and are leaving the club.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Onazi if healthy will probably replace Ndidi.

Still think a 3-5-2 formation would be ideal for us to hide our deficiencies in midfield. And it gives us versatility in personnel.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Damunk wrote:

Azuibikwe Okechukwu
Chidebere Nwakali
Usmain Muhammad

We went after the money, Google his club and stop misyarning.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I would go with Etebo and Mikel.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Lol according to reports Onazi was sps to start oh before he picked an injury then Etebo replaced him.
...blessings do come in different ways.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Must we play with two defensive midfielders ? Etebo is already there in the defensive midfield. That is okay ! Rohr should play another attacking minded player, possibly Iheanacho/Onyekuru to support the attack. In the days of westerhof/Bonfrere (90 era) we use to Play Yekini, Amokachi, Amunike, Finidi, and Siasia at the same time, with Oliseh playing as the only defensive minded midfielder. Those where the glorious days of eagles. The strength of Nigerian football is based on attack and that was what Westerhof/Bonfrere used to succeed. In the past Nigerians are known to play attacking football with flair. If you watch our Junior teams, particularly the U-17/Manu Garba's team you will have a real understanding of Nigerian football culture. We are known to attack. This idea of playing two/three defensive minded midfielders (conservative football)is alien to us, and is also one of the reasons we struggle at world level. We need to revert back to our attacking football and not this conservative style our recent coaches in the national team have adopted.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You cannot survive with 424 in modern day football. This is not 1994!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Abbey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Azuibikwe Okechukwu
Chidebere Nwakali
Usmain Muhammad

What's going on?

Apparently his club has money issues and all of the big acquisitions the club made cannot be paid and are leaving the club.
Unfortunately you take these chances when you move to all these remote countries for the money, you might not get it. Poor guy now his career might be hampered.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

john12 wrote:You cannot survive with 424 in modern day football. This is not 1994!
Spain football is based on passing and creativity, our football strength is based on massive attack (just like brazil), Westerhof played Yekini, Amokachi, Amunike, Finidi and Siasia together with oliseh as the only defensive minded player in the midfield, and that team was still able to hold their own 1994 world cup against big team like Argentina and Italy. The same format was used by Bonfrere in the 1996 olympic team which one the gold. Heaven did not fall for goodness sake ! This idea of two/three defensive midfielder is alien to us, as it limits our attack potential. The westerhof/bonfrere cared little about defending as a first option, as their belief is that the Nigeria team had the attack potential to out score you. Their teams where known to be ruthless. In the semi final of tunisia 94 between Nigeria and Ivory coast, as the ivorians where scoring we were equally scoring in return. Coach Manu Garba and to some extent Siasia also uses this same format of massive attack and outscoring of opponent. This conservative football recently adopted by us is alien to us. It surprises me that we play this conservative style against small teams like seychelles. We need to build our teams based on our strength.