Fans made threats to Ighalo and Family.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

icee
Egg
Egg
Fans made threats to Ighalo and Family.

Post by icee »

"He did not have to take any action to protect his family, as they live in England while he plays in China for Changchun Yatai. But with all of that going on, it was only natural that the forward wanted to quit, especially when his wife advised him to.

"My wife said 'you don't have to go there [to Nigeria] any more' and it was because of all what they said to her and to our family."

It took national team coach Gernot Rohr's intervention to convince Ighalo to come back and suit up in green and white again."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/nigeria/stor ... th-threats
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Fans made threats to Ighalo and Family.

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mace sent him a threatening email on instagram . it was a pathetic act by mace all because of football
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigerian fans are odd,if Nigeria got out of the group and played France and lost they would have complained that we could have won the the World Cup,we came up against the now present finalists and the finalists from the previous tournament and couldn't show why we deserved to reach the last 16.We are at the moment a top 50 footballing nation and improving and yes Ighalo should have scored but he failed and life goes on it's a case of better luck next time.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:mace sent him a threatening email on instagram . it was a pathetic act by mace all because of football
Keep trolling...email on instagram? My guy, for real? How old are you? I bet you still using dail up connection old foggie like you...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:mace sent him a threatening email on instagram . it was a pathetic act by mace all because of football
Keep trolling...email on instagram? My guy, for real? How old are you? I bet you still using dail up connection old foggie like you...
shame no dey catch you? Dming men on instagram

if you don't know how pathetic that is, listen to this ( guys don't DM guys on the internet except you are fruity fruity )

[/video]
SuperEagles

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but I think this is being overblown. Nigerian fans are loud and can be a little much...especially after a painful loss. There is pretty much nobody they don't abuse....Its like someone shouting at you on the road "If you scratch my car, na die you go die". Who seriously takes that as a death threat? I'm sure a lot of people were saying some things along the lines of "if you ever come to Nigeria again, you're finished". Anyway, I just think a bit of social awareness is necessary to interpret this. No ajegunle boy worth his salt (like Ighalo is) is gonna say that those were really death threats....and I suspect that's why he didn't quit.

I know he has a young family....and was probably concerned...but banter/abuse come with the territory...especially after his misses in that game. To get offended because Nigerian fans sent mean instagram posts to your wife....common. Your wife didn't sign up for stardom so I can understand her being more upset...na your job to calm her down
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

deanotito wrote:I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but I think this is being overblown. Nigerian fans are loud and can be a little much...especially after a painful loss. There is pretty much nobody they don't abuse....Its like someone shouting at you on the road "If you scratch my car, na die you go die". Who seriously takes that as a death threat? I'm sure a lot of people were saying some things along the lines of "if you ever come to Nigeria again, you're finished". Anyway, I just think a bit of social awareness is necessary to interpret this. No ajegunle boy worth his salt (like Ighalo is) is gonna say that those were really death threats....and I suspect that's why he didn't quit.

I know he has a young family....and was probably concerned...but banter/abuse come with the territory...especially after his misses in that game. To get offended because Nigerian fans sent mean instagram posts to your wife....common. Your wife didn't sign up for stardom so I can understand her being more upset...na your job to calm her down
Utter B.S! You are making light of the situation and go on to make excuses for the culprits.
Did you make threats to Ighalo?

The player's family is living in fear! That's terrorism by apparent fans who probably bet on games. It is real!
Such $#% needs to be nipped in the bud before it grows.

I know it feels like it's too late in some communities but people should start fighting this $#% somewhere...
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

deanotito wrote:I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but I think this is being overblown. Nigerian fans are loud and can be a little much...especially after a painful loss. There is pretty much nobody they don't abuse....Its like someone shouting at you on the road "If you scratch my car, na die you go die". Who seriously takes that as a death threat? I'm sure a lot of people were saying some things along the lines of "if you ever come to Nigeria again, you're finished". Anyway, I just think a bit of social awareness is necessary to interpret this. No ajegunle boy worth his salt (like Ighalo is) is gonna say that those were really death threats....and I suspect that's why he didn't quit.

This is vile. :curse: :curse: :curse:

You are making light of the situation after claiming you are not. That's hypocritical, but worse, you are making excuses for despicable, vile and moronic behaviour.

You cannot speak for anyone who has experienced what he had to experience until you have been in a similar position. You talk about banter coming with the territory like vile, repugnant, racist scum, saying to Blacks players that their banter comes with the territory. I just cannot understand this type of mentality.

It is not alright to excuse such behaviour and what is worse, the vast majority of SE fans and Nigerians are not feral wild beast without control or decency. The vast majority of Nigerians did not subject Ighalo's family to they type of wickedness, hate and filth he has described because we are not moronic street urchins.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Waffiman wrote:

This is vile. :curse: :curse: :curse:

You are making light of the situation after claiming you are not. That's hypocritical, but worse, you are making excuses for despicable, vile and moronic behaviour.

You cannot speak for anyone who has experienced what he had to experience until you have been in a similar position. You talk about banter coming with the territory like vile, repugnant, racist scum, saying to Blacks players that their banter comes with the territory. I just cannot understand this type of mentality.

It is not alright to excuse such behaviour and what is worse, the vast majority of SE fans and Nigerians are not feral wild beast without control or decency. The vast majority of Nigerian did not subject Ighalo's family to they type if wickedness, hate and filth he has described because we are not moronic street urchins.
Thank you! It is one thing to rant and call him names or diss the team after a loss. It is another to contact the person directly or go on his social media page to make vile threats of violence and death. As you said many were unhappy with him but most did not resort to such vile abuse.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If a player does something you do not like, boo or hiss in the stands. However verbal or physical threats are absolutely deplorable. No excuse for doing that.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

wiseone wrote:If a player does something you do not like, boo or hiss in the stands. However verbal or physical threats are absolutely deplorable. No excuse for doing that.
His wife abused the fans for calling her boy waste pipe, and the fans gave it her.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

eyan wrote:
wiseone wrote:If a player does something you do not like, boo or hiss in the stands. However verbal or physical threats are absolutely deplorable. No excuse for doing that.
His wife abused the fans for calling her boy waste pipe, and the fans gave it her.
What do you expect her to do? back off?

That's a wifey there bo. :thumb:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mace went to his IG page and abused Ighalo, it was pathetic
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Nigerian fans are odd,if Nigeria got out of the group and played France and lost they would have complained that we could have won the the World Cup,we came up against the now present finalists and the finalists from the previous tournament and couldn't show why we deserved to reach the last 16.We are at the moment a top 50 footballing nation and improving and yes Ighalo should have scored but he failed and life goes on it's a case of better luck next time.
Top 50 according to who ?

FIFA and their nonsense rankings ?

Abeg we are easily a top 25 nation right now.

IMO the best African team currently.