Anything less than 4 - 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Anything less than 4 - 0

Post by 1naija »

...smacking of South Africa in South Africa will be considered a failure by me. Rohr must make a statement with this game.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Anything less than 4 - 0

Post by pajimoh »

Rohr will not make a sub until SA are 5-0 up with 2 minutes left on the clock. Just accept any kind of victory
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

A win and qualification is all I want,5 years out of the Afcon is just terrible!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

A draw with SA will be a great result. I strongly recommend that Rohr not start Uzoho :!:

Cheers.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:...smacking of South Africa in South Africa will be considered a failure by me. Rohr must make a statement with this game.
1naija, 5-0 against South Africa in their home? Come-on! Personally, I will take any victory in the game. South Africa's chance to qualify for the AFCON tournament is in our match with them. I don't see them winning Libya in Tunisia
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:...smacking of South Africa in South Africa will be considered a failure by me. Rohr must make a statement with this game.
:lol: :lol: :lol: bros, bros! I see you have changed the heading of the thread from "5-0" to "4-0."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:A draw with SA will be a great result. I strongly recommend that Rohr not start Uzoho :!:

Cheers.
This is the early days of Francis Uzoho. Given the longetivity of goalkeepers, I expect Uzoho to keep goal for us until the age of 35 at least ie the next 15 years. Peter Rufai was wobbly in his early years too, and his latter years.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Goldleaf wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:A draw with SA will be a great result. I strongly recommend that Rohr not start Uzoho :!:

Cheers.
This is the early days of Francis Uzoho. Given the longetivity of goalkeepers, I expect Uzoho to keep goal for us until the age of 35 at least ie the next 15 years. Peter Rufai was wobbly in his early years too, and his latter years.
:clap: That's how you build a team,the average Nigerian couldn't manage their players and moral would surely drop,the other two keepers are older but are wooful!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Goldleaf wrote:

Cheers.
Goalies typically don’t begin to mature until 25 or thereabouts. Why rush a young goalkeeper to the detriment of the entire team? If he has demonstrable potential, certainly keep him in the fold but don’t put him in a situation that would damage his confidence permanently :!:

Cheers.
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

You are one greedy Naijaman, 1naija, but this time, I share your greed and sense of moment. This match should be prosecuted with the mentality of going to SA to re-establish the true football relationship between both nations.

In other words, dis one pass football!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Polly wrote:
You are one greedy Naijaman, 1naija, but this time, I share your greed and sense of moment. This match should be prosecuted with the mentality of going to SA to re-establish the true football relationship between both nations.

You you want Nigeria to go and renew our wedding vows to our wife bagirla bagirla and also to reinstate the frequent call to their embassy?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Cheers.
Goalies typically don’t begin to mature until 25 or thereabouts. Why rush a young goalkeeper to the detriment of the entire team? If he has demonstrable potential, certainly keep him in the fold but don’t put him in a situation that would damage his confidence permanently :!:

Cheers.
He's been to the World Cup as Nigeria's number 1 so his confidence is already up he will have a few bad days especially when the defence lets the opponents pressure him for long periods of time but there is no point in demoting a young promising goal keeper especially when the only other older keepers are terrible.This is football Nigeria's social,cultural and political belief that older is better shouldn't be allowed to creep in on the people's game!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
He's been to the World Cup as Nigeria's number 1 so his confidence is already up he will have a few bad days especially when the defence lets the opponents pressure him for long periods of time but there is no point in demoting a young promising goal keeper especially when the only other older keepers are terrible.This is football Nigeria's social,cultural and political belief that older is better shouldn't be allowed to creep in on the people's game!
I don't see how you can stop it considering we are also saying the older he gets, the more experience and the better for it. But I get the gist of wetin you dey talk
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

pajimoh wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
I don't see how you can stop it considering we are also saying the older he gets, the more experience and the better for it. But I get the gist of wetin you dey talk
Correct and he must play games to achieve that experience so we are lucky he's young,Nigerian culture is not designed to build for the future and that's why they chop,change and neglect and never dare to leave their comfort zone but in Football that won't work!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Uzoho seem to have studied Akpeyi’s tape and tried to Chanel his inner Akpeyi in the game in Tunisia. I hope at least for the last game, Rorh can call up the Enyimba keeper as he seem to be a very good keeper.

For the SA game, just give me a 2-0 win for the balance to be fully restored.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Our boys are fired up for this game after what their coach had to say. I just hope we are professional and beat them to seal qualification.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Then pray they bring back Yobo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

pajimoh wrote:
Polly wrote:

You you want Nigeria to go and renew our wedding vows to our wife bagirla bagirla and also to reinstate the frequent call to their embassy?
Yes mon!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Are u not the same mosquito that was calling the team rubbish in the game thread? Now u want 4 goals? Ole...get a job. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Are u not the same mosquito that was calling the team rubbish in the game thread? Now u want 4 goals? Ole...get a job. :thumb:
May Mosquito bite your jobless azz well well.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Chief its this kind of mentality that will turn you into the England of Africa. Pompous (for no justifiable reason) and a team that nobody wishes well :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

SA have not lost in 4 games in this qualifiers and have scored 8 while conceding 0 in the process.
I'll celebrate a narrow away victory with Don Perignon! A win is a win....
Last edited by Ekorian on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
1naija, 5-0 against South Africa in their home? Come-on! Personally, I will take any victory in the game. South Africa's chance to qualify for the AFCON tournament is in our match with them. I don't see them winning Libya in Tunisia
Don't tell me you are taking these guys seriously! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "