Zimbabwe's goal against CDR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Zimbabwe's goal against CDR

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Zimbabwe's goal against CDR

Post by Comrade Machel »

Musona my captain :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Samora I'm beginning to pay attention to Zimbabwe NT, seems to be a team on the rise, and they play some good football as well... That Khama Biliat dude is also a baller :thumbs:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Tobi17 wrote:Samora I'm beginning to pay attention to Zimbabwe NT, seems to be a team on the rise, and they play some good football as well... That Khama Biliat dude is also a baller :thumbs:
Thanks chief. We are slowly making progress :thumbs:

Khama Billiat runs things for us but I think his biggest handicap is his slight stature like many of our boys. But the boy can pass and on his day is as tricky as the best of them

The boy is the new star of Amakhosi/Kaizer Chiefs just like he was was at Mamelodi Sundowns

The fans love him

[/video]

[/video]

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

But what does a team on the rise mean?

I thought DRC were the team on the rise?

Even Sudan before them, what happened to Sudan?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Tbite wrote:But what does a team on the rise mean?

I thought DRC were the team on the rise?

Even Sudan before them, what happened to Sudan?
I would consider Zimbabwe (case in point) as a team that always "had it in them", see them as your below the fancy radar team that will not stand out like your typical Ghana, Nigeria, CIV, Cameroon etc.. but will always deliver some good football and cause upsets on occasion. DRC has always been a top team, theu are just another Senegal and Morocco that somehow underachieve inspite of their undeniable talent...Sudan was never a team on the rise, just another minnow team with an ironically decent local league pretty much.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Billat is too much but can be handled as it is a team sport.

IMHO, this team is no where near the Zimbabwe teams that played in CECAFA. Those guys were ballers. :shock: :shock:
I still go back and watch some of their footie whenever I can :thumbs: :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

That name Billat sounds very familiar.

I think he played against Nigeria not too long ago?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mchewwww... Zimbabwe is our concubine in football. Cant count the number of times we have put upwards of 3-4 goals past them. Anyways let these minnows from Uganda and Zimbabwe talk. We will see them in Cameroon. But 1st we have to deal with our wives from south Africa. November cant come son enough.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Ethiopia was a team on the rise when they terrorised the SE
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

DIMKA76 wrote:Ethiopia was a team on the rise when they terrorised the SE
Saladin Said, what a thorn in our flesh.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

bret- hart wrote:Mchewwww... Zimbabwe is our concubine in football. Cant count the number of times we have put upwards of 3-4 goals past them. Anyways let these minnows from Uganda and Zimbabwe talk. We will see them in Cameroon. But 1st we have to deal with our wives from south Africa. November cant come son enough.
Remind me again. How many times have Zimbabwe played Nigeria? I know for a fact it won't be enough for anyone let alone you to lose count :roll: Nonsense

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote:Mchewwww... Zimbabwe is our concubine in football. Cant count the number of times we have put upwards of 3-4 goals past them. Anyways let these minnows from Uganda and Zimbabwe talk. We will see them in Cameroon. But 1st we have to deal with our wives from south Africa. November cant come son enough.
Learn to be humble mate, we are not particularly the elite team we used to be in the past...
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Samora Machel wrote:
Remind me again. How many times have Zimbabwe played Nigeria? I know for a fact it won't be enough for anyone let alone you to lose count :roll: Nonsense

The few times we met we spanked that azz. Like the WCQs in 2005. 3-0 in Harare in front of Robert Mugabe, 5-1 in Abuja. We beat you guys again shortly after in the AFCON2006 2-0 was the score. I believe a young John Obi Mikel scored his 1st goal for Nigeria in that game We also beat your home based team at the CHAN. Look bro we are not mates when it comes to football. We will whoop you any time any day anywhere. I dont blame you tho, i blame Nigeria for missing out on 2 consecutive AFCONs. Thats why you and the troll from Uganda keep talking smack but we are coming back soon to put you minnows in your place.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote:
Learn to be humble mate, we are not particularly the elite team we used to be in the past...

Guy even when we sucked we still smacked the likes of South Africa and Zimbabwe around. The only southern African team I respect is Zambia. They always give us a tough game. November cant come soon enough, South Africa is due for a good trashing.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

When has Ethiopia terrorized Nigeria??? :?

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tbite wrote:
Saladin Said, what a thorn in our flesh.
When? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

bret- hart wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

The few times we met we spanked that azz. Like the WCQs in 2005. 3-0 in Harare in front of Robert Mugabe, 5-1 in Abuja. We beat you guys again shortly after in the AFCON2006 2-0 was the score. I believe a young John Obi Mikel scored his 1st goal for Nigeria in that game We also beat your home based team at the CHAN. Look bro we are not mates when it comes to football. We will whoop you any time any day anywhere. I dont blame you tho, i blame Nigeria for missing out on 2 consecutive AFCONs. Thats why you and the troll from Uganda keep talking smack but we are coming back soon to put you minnows in your place.
OK maybe you can show ME where I have talked smack about Nigeria :dream: I think i have made one joke post last week saying Nigeria watch out apart from that I'm waiting for evidence of your allegations

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Nigeria v Zimbabwe
Games won: 5
Games drawn: 1
Games lost: 1

Date----------- Match--- Result/Score-- Competition

01 Aug 1981 Zimbabwe v Nigeria L 2-0 International Friendly
16 Jul 1989 Nigeria v Zimbabwe W 3-0 Africa Cup of Nations
30 Jul 1989 Zimbabwe v Nigeria D 1-1 Africa Cup of Nations
05 Sep 2004 Zimbabwe v Nigeria W 0-3 FIFA World Cup
07 Oct 2005 Nigeria v Zimbabwe W 5-1 FIFA World Cup
27 Jan 2006 Nigeria v Zimbabwe W 2-0 Africa Cup of Nations
01 Feb 2014 Zimbabwe v Nigeria W 0-1 African Nations Championship
https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... /Zimbabwe/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Thats why you and the troll from Uganda keep talking smack but we are coming back soon to put you minnows in your place.
Painful as it is for me to highlight, Uganda is one of very few African countries that on balance has 'owned' Nigeria. Maybe one of just two, the other being..... Ghana. :oops:
Not even Cameroun sef.

Uganda! :ohmy:
I was shocked to discover this, but facts are facts. I can't even post Ghana own....
Nigeria v Uganda
Games won: 2
Games drawn: 1
Games lost: 4
Date -----------Match-- Result/Score- Competition

14 Mar 1978 Uganda v Nigeria L 2-1 Africa Cup of Nations
26 Sep 1981 Nigeria v Uganda L 0-1 International Friendly
29 Aug 1992 Nigeria v Uganda W 2-0 Africa Cup of Nations
17 Jul 1993 Uganda v Nigeria D 0-0 Africa Cup of Nations
24 Mar 2007 Nigeria v Uganda W 1-0 Africa Cup of Nations
02 Jun 2007 Uganda v Nigeria L 2-1 Africa Cup of Nations
25 Mar 2015 Nigeria v Uganda L 0-1 International Friendly

https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... on/Uganda/
Kabalega should not see this in any circumstances, please! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And maybe Samora's advice on a little humility is in order.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "