3 NFF officials charged by EFCC over alleged $10.8m fraud

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
3 NFF officials charged by EFCC over alleged $10.8m fraud

Post by Next »

The EFCC has taken 3 officials of the NFF to court over financial crimes committed between January 8 and 26, 2015.

Well, not going to say much about this but let's see what comes out of the trial.

https://guardian.ng/sport/efcc-takes-th ... -8m-fraud/
The Economic & Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday dragged three finance officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to an FCT High Court at Maitama over an alleged fraud.

The NFF officials, Christopher Andekin (Director of Administration and Finance), Reagan Zaka (Cashier) and Fadanari Mamza (Head, Finance and Account Department) are accused of mishandling $9.5 million and $1.3 million.

They have been charged by EFCC on a five-count charge bordering on criminal conspiracy, breach of trust and misappropriation of funds.

The prosecutor, Steve Odiase told the court that the three defendants conspired between January 8 and 26, 2015 to commit the offences, contrary to Section 97 of Penal Code.

Odiase also alleged that Andekin was entrusted with a grant from the world body, Federation of International Football Association (FIFA), which he said was money meant for development of football in Nigeria.

He alleged that Andekin diverted $1.3 million from NFF’s domiciliary account with Zenith Bank, contrary to section 311 of the Penal Code.

He further alleged that Zaka diverted a $7.2 million grant from FIFA that was also meant for development of football in Nigeria, while also stating that Mamza did same to $2.3 million

The defendants all pleaded not guilty to the charges, and their counsel, Arinze Egbo applied for their bail.

The Judge, Justice Peter Affen upheld the administrative bail granted to them earlier by the EFCC.

Before adjourning the case until November 27, the judge ordered that the defendants’ sureties should sign bond with registrar of the court, and also
deposit their international passports with the court.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 3 NFF officials charged by EFCC over alleged $10.8m frau

Post by nemi2002 »

See money
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Next wrote:The EFCC has taken 3 officials of the NFF to court over financial crimes committed between January 8 and 26, 2015.

Well, not going to say much about this but let's see what comes out of the trial.

https://guardian.ng/sport/efcc-takes-th ... -8m-fraud/
The Economic & Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday dragged three finance officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to an FCT High Court at Maitama over an alleged fraud.

The NFF officials, Christopher Andekin (Director of Administration and Finance), Reagan Zaka (Cashier) and Fadanari Mamza (Head, Finance and Account Department) are accused of mishandling $9.5 million and $1.3 million.

They have been charged by EFCC on a five-count charge bordering on criminal conspiracy, breach of trust and misappropriation of funds.

The prosecutor, Steve Odiase told the court that the three defendants conspired between January 8 and 26, 2015 to commit the offences, contrary to Section 97 of Penal Code.

Odiase also alleged that Andekin was entrusted with a grant from the world body, Federation of International Football Association (FIFA), which he said was money meant for development of football in Nigeria.

He alleged that Andekin diverted $1.3 million from NFF’s domiciliary account with Zenith Bank, contrary to section 311 of the Penal Code.

He further alleged that Zaka diverted a $7.2 million grant from FIFA that was also meant for development of football in Nigeria, while also stating that Mamza did same to $2.3 million

The defendants all pleaded not guilty to the charges, and their counsel, Arinze Egbo applied for their bail.

The Judge, Justice Peter Affen upheld the administrative bail granted to them earlier by the EFCC.

Before adjourning the case until November 27, the judge ordered that the defendants’ sureties should sign bond with registrar of the court, and also
deposit their international passports with the court.
They should look at it some more. That place is a corrupton sesspool.
If and when there's a complete forensic audit of that place, folks will and should be found criminally responsible.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This one na ogboju stealing .....take the goddamn money and face the consequences. Faced with the kind of money they would.never be able to earn in their lifetime....they hedged their bets and went for broke.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:This one na ogboju stealing .....take the goddamn money and face the consequences. Faced with the kind of money they would.never be able to earn in their lifetime....they hedged their bets and went for broke.

See logic.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I am not surprised these people did what they are accused of if the story is true. I mean, why wouldn't they when anyone can steal and get away with it; or when caught, is/are made to ONLY return a portion? Lately, I see the thieves - in an attempt to fight back - accuses the EFCC of targeting them and et al. Thus, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

nemi2002 wrote:See money
... am telling you! Worst still, they did it with impunity
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

EFCC is always charging. When is the sentencing? That’s where we never seem to get to.
OCCUPY NFF!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:EFCC is always charging. When is the sentencing? That’s where we never seem to get to.

The charging is nothing more than a fishing expedition. It's an indefinite legal fishing expedition to find crap on NFF bigwigs. I guess if they keep digging, they' ll probably find something on Pinnick (Main target :lol: :lol: ).