THE RISE OF PAUL ONUACHU

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
THE RISE OF PAUL ONUACHU

Post by JACKAL »

[/video]

This is one of the boys I picked as the future of the Eagles for the 2022 world cup.
Scored a Hattrick yesterday in Norway
osita
Egg
Egg
Re: THE RISE OF PAUL ONUACHU

Post by osita »

Why this boy has never being invited baffles me. He has is a real goal poacher.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

osita wrote:Why this boy has never being invited baffles me. He has is a real goal poacher.

Thought Oliseh did...

He's another penalty box bruiser...we already have a slew of them...

Seems to me we need to take our time in looking for a striker...

Would reconsider Anthony Ujah...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

osita wrote:Why this boy has never being invited baffles me. He has is a real goal poacher.

He was on tap to be invited earlier in the year but injury scuppered that. I suspect that Onuachu is part of a group of strikers that Rohr is paying attention to.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

I wouldn't be surprise If Denmark offers him an invite........................This is just a tragedy.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

good eye for goal. How is his hold-up play, as this is appears to be a given for Rohr.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

wale1974 wrote:I wouldn't be surprise If Denmark offers him an invite........................This is just a tragedy.
Of course you know better than all the scouts for the top teams in the world who are looking for strikers that can do what the boy has been doing in Denmark for about 3yrs now. He averages about 30 goals a season and still can't get out of Denmark. Perhaps it's because he's not as good as the numbers suggest. He's not even getting offers from Turkey or Ukraine but you're ready to hand him a SE shirt. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Can't really tell much based on the level of competition. Simy Nwankwo looked better to me. But will need to see him in a few friendlies before I buy the hype.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
wale1974 wrote:I wouldn't be surprise If Denmark offers him an invite........................This is just a tragedy.
Of course you know better than all the scouts for the top teams in the world who are looking for strikers that can do what the boy has been doing in Denmark for about 3yrs now. He averages about 30 goals a season and still can't get out of Denmark. Perhaps it's because he's not as good as the numbers suggest. He's not even getting offers from Turkey or Ukraine but you're ready to hand him a SE shirt. :roll:

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that he still plays in Denmark. He has been unlucky with injuries over the past year which has not only hindered any potential national team call-up but also affected his stock vis-a-vis any move to a stronger league (was purported to be on the move to the German Bundesliga during the last winter break, for instance - prior to his injury).

Indeed, in my view, Paul Onuachu would be a worthy addition to the national team. However, it is not so easy to get into the Super Eagles right now. Odion Ighalo and Kelechi Ihenacho are entrenched as our top two forwards, and I doubt that Isaac Success will readily relinquish his spot on the team. In addition, Onuachu must compete for a call-up with the likes of Anthony Ujah, Olarenwaju Kayode, Simy Nwankwo, Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi, Victor Osihmen and Stephen Odey - all strikers who are likely being tracked by the Super Eagles.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mystic wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that he still plays in Denmark. He has been unlucky with injuries over the past year which has not only hindered any potential national team call-up but also affected his stock vis-a-vis any move to a stronger league (was purported to be on the move to the German Bundesliga during the last winter break, for instance - prior to his injury).

Indeed, in my view, Paul Onuachu would be a worthy addition to the national team. However, it is not so easy to get into the Super Eagles right now. Odion Ighalo and Kelechi Ihenacho are entrenched as our top two forwards, and I doubt that Isaac Success will readily relinquish his spot on the team. In addition, Onuachu must compete for a call-up with the likes of Anthony Ujah, Olarenwaju Kayode, Simy Nwankwo, Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi, Victor Osihmen and Stephen Odey - all strikers who are likely being tracked by the Super Eagles.
When is Nigeria next friendly?

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ohenhen1 wrote:
mystic wrote:

When is Nigeria next friendly?

Good question. I would hope that we have one planned for the next FIFA window (which is when we play South Africa). But there has been no news on that front.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ohenhen1 wrote:Can't really tell much based on the level of competition. Simy Nwankwo looked better to me. But will need to see him in a few friendlies before I buy the hype.

I like Onuachu better than Simy. However, looking long term, I think that Victor Osihmen and Sadiq Umar are better prospects. We'll see how things develop.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mystic wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Can't really tell much based on the level of competition. Simy Nwankwo looked better to me. But will need to see him in a few friendlies before I buy the hype.

I like Onuachu better than Simy. However, looking long term, I think that Victor Osihmen and Sadiq Umar are better prospects. We'll see how things develop.
You maybe right. But I fear the same limitations that exist in Simy Nwankwo game, may also exist in Onauchu game. Mobility is an issue. He might not be a good fit. We need see him in a friendly.

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

TXJ are you Ujah's manager? you never fail to drop his name at the slightest opportunity.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Scandinavian Champion
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

He scored 2-3 goals Yesterday... A serious Arial threat

[/video]
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

wale1974 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised If Denmark offers him an invite........................This is just a tragedy.
:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?