Iheanacho Stats

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Iheanacho Stats

Post by niyi »

I have noticed Iheanacho getting tired early on in games and decided to look at some stats

So far he has "played" 76 games in his 4 seasons in the prem (not related but I should point out that his most productive season till date was his first where he scored 8 goals).

Most of the time he has played as a substitute and has only started 25 games in those 4 years! Even more troubling, out of those 25 games he started, he has lasted up to the 70th min only 12 times.

In those 12 games where he has lasted up to the 70th min, he has only scored 2 goals (0 assists) after the 70th min mark. Essentially if Iheanacho spends 70 mins on the pitch and you need a goal... he won't get you one.

I'll let y'all discuss what these stats mean...
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Iheanacho Stats

Post by Bigpokey24 »

And your point? Go and ask the cat that predicted that Nigeria would defeat Argentina. ..no be so you talk

Yekini scored one worldcup goal, and it w as a tap in...let that sink in
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Interesting stats, thanks for posting. I want to believe that Nacho's problem is more psychological than any other factor. He's a talented young lad that needs to somehow find his rhythm back. I'm not sure that his inclusion in Rohr's team is also having any positive effect on his confidence and most importantly his club career.I hope he bounced back. Good luck to him!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Ekorian wrote:Interesting stats, thanks for posting. I want to believe that Nacho's problem is more psychological than any other factor. He's a talented young lad that needs to somehow find his rhythm back. I'm not sure that his inclusion in Rohr's team is also having any positive effect on his confidence and most importantly his club career.I hope he bounced back. Good luck to him!
Thanks, Ekorian. This is also my position. Perhaps because of the U-17 success of these lads, we often forget how psychologically immature they are when they make that transition to clubs abroad. And we are in no position to understand what they are going through individually.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

In his first couple of seasons at City, he was an academy player who was promoted to the main team. How many players with a similar background are given major minutes as a youth player? Go and compare Iheanacho to other similarly situated city academy graduates, are they also tired? do they also suffer psychological issues? Compare him sef to Rashford who has the advantage of being English and does not have to face the same amount of world class talent on his squad, how many games is he starting each season?

Iheanacho then went to a Leicester team that has a pretty set style of play with Vardy as the alpha dog, his first season was pretty much a wash due to his protracted transfer situation and missing an off season, he got more minutes towards the end of the season and is getting more playing time now. He is a 22 year old kid, He will be fine. Unless certain agendas are trying to be pushed with this post, it is not fair to look at "stats" in a vaccum.
Last edited by metalalloy on Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:In his first couple of seasons at City, he was an academy player who was promoted to the main team. How many players with a similar background is given major minutes as a youth player? Go and compare Iheanacho to other similarly situated city academy graduates, are they also tired? do they also suffer psychological issues? Compare him sef to Rashford who has the advantage of being English and does not have to face the same amount of world class talent on his squad, how many games is he starting each season?

Iheanacho then went to a Leicester team that has a pretty set style of play with Vardy as the alpha dog, his first season was pretty much a wash due to his protracted transfer situation and missing an off season, he got more minutes towards the end of the season and is getting more playing time now. He is a 22 year old kid, He will be fine. Unless certain agendas are trying to be pushed with this post, it is not fair to look at "stats" in a vaccum.
oboy nah you get time, niyi has a small prism, he never looks outside the box
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Nacho is finished
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I watched the Arsenal vs. Leicester City match last night... Nacho killed more birds than Jay Jay did in his time in the EPL in that match.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Undertaker wrote:I watched the Arsenal vs. Leicester City match last night... Nacho killed more birds than Jay Jay did in his time in the EPL in that match.
I don’t remember those o, he had a shot on target saved by the goalie and another that was deflected out for a corner.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

metalalloy wrote:In his first couple of seasons at City, he was an academy player who was promoted to the main team. How many players with a similar background are given major minutes as a youth player? Go and compare Iheanacho to other similarly situated city academy graduates, are they also tired? do they also suffer psychological issues? Compare him sef to Rashford who has the advantage of being English and does not have to face the same amount of world class talent on his squad, how many games is he starting each season?

You are contradicting yourself while trying to be a a contrarian. If his problem is neither injury nor talent then the fact that he struggles with different teams has to be psychological which is not uncommon with professional athletes......
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ekorian wrote:
metalalloy wrote:In his first couple of seasons at City, he was an academy player who was promoted to the main team. How many players with a similar background are given major minutes as a youth player? Go and compare Iheanacho to other similarly situated city academy graduates, are they also tired? do they also suffer psychological issues? Compare him sef to Rashford who has the advantage of being English and does not have to face the same amount of world class talent on his squad, how many games is he starting each season?

You are contradicting yourself while trying to be a a contrarian. If his problem is neither injury nor talent then the fact that he struggles with different teams has to be psychological which is not uncommon with professional athletes......

I am not trying to be contrarian. I am simply stating that drawing conclusions from stats without taking context into consideration does not tell you the complete picture and is disingenuous. There is nothing to suggest that he has any psychological issues and bandying that phrase about carelessly is unfortunate. The point i made is that the fact that he is a young player progressing at a rate that is not much different from similarly situated players. Stating that he struggled everywhere is your opinion that is quite debatable. He has played in every single EPL game this season for Leicester, has a goal and 3 assists, and he is struggling? and has psychological issues? Ok.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

At ManC from what i remember he mainly played centrally in a ball possession team vs playing wide @LCFC in a counterattacking team - different stamina requirements. He'll have to build up his stamina base anyways.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rawlings wrote:Nacho is finished
You’re so boring and predictable. Try something new.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

metalalloy wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

I am not trying to be contrarian. I am simply stating that drawing conclusions from stats without taking context into consideration does not tell you the complete picture and is disingenuous. There is nothing to suggest that he has any psychological issues and bandying that phrase about carelessly is unfortunate. The point i made is that the fact that he is a young player progressing at a rate that is not much different from similarly situated players. Stating that he struggled everywhere is your opinion that is quite debatable. He has played in every single EPL game this season for Leicester, has a goal and 3 assists, and he is struggling? and has psychological issues? Ok.
My brother, I neither said I was a psychologist nor did I say anywhere that I evaluated him. Psychological issues could be as simple as self-doubt or not believing in the coaches philosophy.
He has flunked many chances in SE and different clubs but I can only wish him nothing but a speedy recovery..
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ekorian wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

My brother, I neither said I was a psychologist nor did I say anywhere that I evaluated him. Psychological issues could be as simple as self-doubt or not believing in the coaches philosophy.
He has flunked many chances in SE and different clubs but I can only wish him nothing but a speedy recovery..
The guy has 8 goals in 21 games for the SE, one of the highest goal scoring ratios. I agree that he has struggled recently, but as I mentioned in the Libya game thread, his recent struggles has more to do with him being ill suited for the formation that Rohr likes. He isn't an effective WF, not an AM, Ighalo is preferred as a CF as he holds up play better and we don't play with a support striker.

soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

I have watched Iheanacho a few times and the boy is very average.
Sentiments aside he will end up in the championship soon.
The boy looks lazy and it’s like watching a 36 year old on the
Pitch.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....