Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 6757
Cmoke wrote:
Naija is too big to be anybody’s second choice!


when did Naija become that big

_________________
Uzoho -- Shehu, TroostEkong, Balogun, Awaziem -- Onazi, Ndidi, Iwobi, Musa -- Kalu, Success


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:41 am
Posts: 8494
This Akpoguma guy has no shame.

_________________
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 41634
mystic wrote:
oloye wrote:
Tell him to sod off!


I understand where you are coming from because we all want players who want to play for Nigeria. But it's not by force. The young man has been open and honest about it and I can respect that.

The question now is about our response to his stance on his international career. Under no circumstances should we disturb the guy again. If he should decide to play for Nigeria in the future (as d#$% Etuhu did after initially spurning our overtures) it will be up to him to court us and not vice versa.

I can understand if he told us flat No.. That I won't begrudge him or anyone. But to tell us we are on standby... Once again I say to him sod off!

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 10378
To a midget or half midget, we have always been big!

Cmoke :D

Rawlings wrote:
Cmoke wrote:
Naija is too big to be anybody’s second choice!


when did Naija become that big


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:50 pm
Posts: 614
Could have chosen France but selected Sengal - an african hero?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46378014


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36830
Location: Somewhere
lekanlij wrote:
Could have chosen France but selected Sengal - an african hero?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46378014



you missed this part...from your link:
Quote:
As his career progressed, having started with Metz in France before passing through Belgium (with Genk) en route to joining Napoli in 2014, Koulibaly waited for a call that never came from France coach Didier Deschamps.

So in 2015, the towering centre-back pledged his future to Senegal.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14478
LOL. He won't have an international career at this rate....

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36537
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
Could have chosen France but selected Sengal - an african hero?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46378014



you missed this part...from your link:
Quote:
As his career progressed, having started with Metz in France before passing through Belgium (with Genk) en route to joining Napoli in 2014, Koulibaly waited for a call that never came from France coach Didier Deschamps.

So in 2015, the towering centre-back pledged his future to Senegal.


Yep there’s no reason to take these things personally when it’s just bidness. It’s all about can they improve our team or not...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36830
Location: Somewhere
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
Could have chosen France but selected Sengal - an african hero?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46378014



you missed this part...from your link:
Quote:
As his career progressed, having started with Metz in France before passing through Belgium (with Genk) en route to joining Napoli in 2014, Koulibaly waited for a call that never came from France coach Didier Deschamps.

So in 2015, the towering centre-back pledged his future to Senegal.


Yep there’s no reason to take these things personally when it’s just bidness. It’s all about can they improve our team or not...



Exactly my point.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:50 pm
Posts: 614
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
lekanlij wrote:
Could have chosen France but selected Sengal - an african hero? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46378014

you missed this part...from your link:
Quote:
As his career progressed, having started with Metz in France before passing through Belgium (with Genk) en route to joining Napoli in 2014, Koulibaly waited for a call that never came from France coach Didier Deschamps.

So in 2015, the towering centre-back pledged his future to Senegal.

Yep there’s no reason to take these things personally when it’s just bidness. It’s all about can they improve our team or not...

Exactly my point.


Actually there's more to it than that. KPB could improve Ghanaian team but wasn't good for them IMO - I think desire/ commitement/ heart etc plays a huge part. Do they really want to play and genuinely passionate about the country before pledging allegiance? Victor Moses and Mikel for example come across as laid back/ unpassionate with Nigeria but Mikel demonstrates more commitement to the cause and is one of our longest serving outfield players.

The heart matters alot to me and choosing Nigeria when on radar of another prominent country is very very commendable especially when you consider a case in point such as Iwobi.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group