NFF RELEASES LIST FOR SA/UGANDA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF RELEASES LIST FOR SA/UGANDA

Post by The YeyeMan »

A paucity of midfielders and an over abundance of forwards.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: NFF RELEASE LIST FOR SA/UGANDA

Post by Cally »

Ugbowo wrote:
txj wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Plenty of questions....

1. Isnt it too early for Chukwueze? Why? Should we wait until he's 30yrs old?
2. Going to google to find out about Adeleye: Ex Prime FC; moved to Bayelsa United. Last I heard of him was the WAFU Nations cup final.
3. Rohr said he saw nothing in the Aiteo Cup final...Lokosa and Nwagua both played for Pillars that day
4. Onyekuru??? What happened there? Reality
5. Is Mikel Agu really next man up with Onazi and Ndidi out? Probably best from those who have passed thru the team so far in MF.

Midfield seems really light.
Chukwueze has 1 first team appearance this season. Doesn't merit a call up IMHO. And I was referring to him breaking into the first team. Not his age.
Ugbowo, I am happy with Osimhen and Chukwueze's invitations. If you are good enough, you are old enough. They should be about the same age with Alex Iwobi anyways. I support these guys being given the opportunity to build long careers with the SE. If they are training and featuring for their clubs in Europe, then they are fit enough to make a difference for us. Nigeria is a blessed nation with talents, but we are not quite at the stage to make players play many games before being given opportunities. Moreover, there are players that end up being better for their national teams than their clubsides.

Let's see what they can do. Chukwueze, particularly, intrigues me. I think he will deliver for the SE.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote:
txj wrote:

2. Going to google to find out about Adeleye: Ex Prime FC; moved to Bayelsa United. Last I heard of him was the WAFU Nations cup final.
3. Rohr said he saw nothing in the Aiteo Cup final...Lokosa and Nwagua both played for Pillars that day
5. Is Mikel Agu really next man up with Onazi and Ndidi out? Probably best from those who have passed thru the team so far in MF.

Chukwueze has 1 first team appearance this season. Doesn't merit a call up IMHO. And I was referring to him breaking into the first team. Not his age.

Dominick Solanke was called up and played by England from the reserve squad

Wilson, never played for the Liverpool first team and was called by Wales and has become a regular

Ben Woodburn broke into the welsh team ever before he won his 2 caps for LFC

This is how you encourage young players. You do not necessarily wait until they are fully mature to give them a call.

You of all peeps should know this...
Last edited by txj on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
green4life wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Only 3 CMs called up? Is this the final list abi na work in progress to be completed later :lol:
Max of two will play. The list is official, NFF has the same list on its twitter site.
I know that, just like all the new defenders and attackers he called most like won't get any PT. But at least he will get to run the rule over them in practice. Wondering why he doesn't seem to have the need to run the rule over CM's an area we are clearly light in. Anyways, Rohr knows...

Are we really that light compared to other areas? We have a bunch of CM's that are about average,

1. Mikel
2. Ndidi,
3. Etebo
4. Onazi
5. Ogu
6. Joel
7. Agu
8. Nwakali brothers
9. Agbo.
10. Shehu Abdulahi

As for Onyekuru, weren't there reports stating he is out for the next 6 weeks with a hamstring injury?
He won't be on stand-by list if he is out with hamstring injury.
It doesn't look like Rohr fancy him.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Isn't it funny?
None of the 'Nwakali Bandwagonners' complained when he was invited for the Seychelles/Liberia double header, in spite of the fact that he had yet to kick a competitive ball in a major league this season.
However, when Samu Chukwueze, who has made 2 appearances in the Ongoing European League and has played in La Liga this past 4 weeks gets invited, these same people start coming up with all sorts of excuses.
For the record: Nwakali, Osimhen and Chukwueze all played together in the U17 team that won the World Cup.

No, he is NOT too young to play for the SE and thoroughly deserves his invite! Ditto that for Osimhen who is in fine goal scoring form for SC Charleroi in Belgium.
txj wrote:

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The attack is awesome.

The midfield is a huge disappointment, although ajayi cam also function there.

But honestly Rohr should have taken this opportunity to call up Nwakali Brothers, Azuibikwe, Usmain.

That midfield is just too light, what happens when someone gets injured.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The fact that both Oshimen and Chukwuze are called shows that Rohr is doing a good job scouting talents who are doing well in Europe. This is good and they both deserve it.

However I wish Rohr could be that attentive to options in the midfield.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Do these players or lack of in certain positions signify a change of formation.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Let's not forget that Alex Iwobi plays Midfield role for us.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

naijaguy wrote:Let's not forget that Alex Iwobi plays Midfield role for us.
I don't think anybody is forgetting that. But what if one of the 3 CM's gets injured or a red card etc we might unnecessarily start trying to fit square pegs in circles. Weird that a conservative coach like Rohr would do this.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

This is a no contest from my neck of the woods. :tic:

Desabre should play a 2nd stream team for this game.
Play the D but rest everybody else. Rest Onyango, rest Okwi, rest Miya, play Waisswa :tongue:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
I don't think anybody is forgetting that. But what if one of the 3 CM's gets injured or a red card etc we might unnecessarily start trying to fit square pegs in circles. Weird that a conservative coach like Rohr would do this.

He took a page from the SSS playbook. Yes funny because conservatism and this do not match.

All of these strikers and wingers, only a few will get to play.

But I am glad Rohr will have the opportunity to see these new players and how they stand up to the regulars side by side. The friendly against Uganda where many are tried may be the more interesting match.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
Yep. For a team that starts with 3 in the middle, there's only 1 option on the bench and that's with Iwobi starting in Midfield. Hopefully, it won't come back to bite us in the arse.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Kabalega wrote:This is a no contest from my neck of the woods. :tic:

Desabre should play a 2nd stream team for this game.
Play the D but rest everybody else. Rest Onyango, rest Okwi, rest Miya, play Waisswa :tongue:
Wow! Hearing you list those array of stars is striking terror in my heart! What a solid squad! I just hope you take it easy on us and not win by more than 4 goals!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Yep. For a team that starts with 3 in the middle, there's only 1 option on the bench and that's with Iwobi starting in Midfield. Hopefully, it won't come back to bite us in the arse.

2 in central MF. So he has 3 for two places. Light but workable.
He also has some defenders who can play in MF

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

niyi wrote:Too early for Chukwueze and Osimhen

What happened to Ogu? I think Onazi is fine... he played 45 mins for Trabzonspor but maybe he needs a break.

Also think we should have invited, Mikel Agu or Ifeanyi Matthew
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 5 goals so far this season.......Yet it's too early?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

What’s up with Mikel Obi is he retired or just taking a rest
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Rohr should have called this and Rohr shouldn't have called that. Can the internet certified coaches just zip it and let the man do his job. I could care less if Rufai is in goal as long as we came out of SA with three points.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Ekorian wrote:Rohr should have called this and Rohr shouldn't have called that. Can the internet certified coaches just zip it and let the man do his job. I could care less if Rufai is in goal as long as we came out of SA with three points.
Why do we have this forum Sir?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

txj wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
txj wrote:

Wilson, never played for the Liverpool first team and was called by Wales and has become a regular

This is how you encourage young players. You do not necessarily wait until they are fully mature to give them a call.

Just never panned out for Solanke so probably he's not a great example. You keep referencing their age. I'm not. I'm talking about their experience being a professional. Chukwueze is cutting his teeth as a professional player. He is not like Nwakali who had a whole season of that albeit in the 2nd division. The real life of a pro is not as cut and dry as most think, so yes, you are right that I should know better, hence why I think it's a bit early foe Sammy.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ugbowo wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Rohr should have called this and Rohr shouldn't have called that. Can the internet certified coaches just zip it and let the man do his job. I could care less if Rufai is in goal as long as we came out of SA with three points.
Why do we have this forum Sir?
We should at least make sensible contributions, mugus are calling for players that are yet to be cleared by fifa to play v SA.
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote:
txj wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
txj wrote:

Just never panned out for Solanke so probably he's not a great example. You keep referencing their age. I'm not. I'm talking about their experience being a professional. Chukwueze is cutting his teeth as a professional player. He is not like Nwakali who had a whole season of that albeit in the 2nd division. The real life of a pro is not as cut and dry as most think, so yes, you are right that I should know better, hence why I think it's a bit early foe Sammy.

I'm not talking about age but appearances.

Those two welsh guys had not played for the LFC first team when they were capped...