Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4710
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/ ... ria-return

My interpretation is Rohr will not call up Mikel until he formally informs Rohr of his readiness to return
No point Mikel mentioning or declaring on social media and newspaper without calling up his boss


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15685
No issue here, Mikel will return for Afcon. He deserves the rest. :thumb:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4710
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
No issue here, Mikel will return for Afcon. He deserves the rest. :thumb:


no guarantee-especially if team keep winning and doing well + new talent emerged - 6 month in football is a long time-and what if he decided to extend his rest - or injured again in around June- i do not want the same issue that happened with an aging/injured JayJay in 2006 Afcon repeat itself with Mikel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 41326
I don't buy into this nonsense, every now and then we have a player who thinks he is too good for the team or qualifications. Unless there is a very strong reason for not honoring the invitations, if he does not play the qualifiers why should he pop if we qualify?

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76643
Location: Earth
oloye wrote:
I don't buy into this nonsense, every now and then we have a player who thinks he is too good for the team or qualifications. Unless there is a very strong reason for not honoring the invitations, if he does not play the qualifiers why should he pop if we qualify?

did Osaze play during the qualifies before the WC in 2014? Did Idowu play any qualifiers? what about Joel Obi, Chidi Nwanu etc... What about all the players who are called but never play a qualifier and sits on the bench ? It matters not , the SE is growing, with new players and they are gradually finding alternatives. However if Mikel is available next summer for the AFCON, i see no reason why he can't play and improve our team
This is a player who's father was kidnapped before we played Argentina, and because he wasn't avaible to play vs Sechelles, Libya , SA and Uganda( minors) una want the guy to be kicked out of the team because he didn't play qualifier? :D

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 45000
walesvilla wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
No issue here, Mikel will return for Afcon. He deserves the rest. :thumb:


no guarantee-especially if team keep winning and doing well + new talent emerged - 6 month in football is a long time-and what if he decided to extend his rest - or injured again in around June- i do not want the same issue that happened with an aging/injured JayJay in 2006 Afcon repeat itself with Mikel


Story. Rohn that is loyal to the players he is used to? When Mikel is ready. Rohr will put him back in the team.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 41326
Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:
I don't buy into this nonsense, every now and then we have a player who thinks he is too good for the team or qualifications. Unless there is a very strong reason for not honoring the invitations, if he does not play the qualifiers why should he pop if we qualify?

did Osaze play during the qualifies before the WC in 2014? Did Idowu play any qualifiers? what about Joel Obi, Chidi Nwanu etc... What about all the players who are called but never play a qualifier and sits on the bench ? It matters not , the SE is growing, with new players and they are gradually finding alternatives. However if Mikel is available next summer for the AFCON, i see no reason why he can't play and improve our team
This is a player who's father was kidnapped before we played Argentina, and because he wasn't avaible to play vs Sechelles, Libya , SA and Uganda( minors) una want the guy to be kicked out of the team because he didn't play qualifier? :D

Osazee was not our captain, to start with. And he was more of a returnee to the camp after being dropped. I know you love Mike, but sometimes let us put this emotional bias aside when looking at issues.

Is he injured, is he unfit? How does the captain of a team feel leaving his team to fight the dirty fight and do the heavy lifting only for him to now come in after the work is done? It ain't right. You may disagree, that is okay by me

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 1287
Rohr just opened up on the Mikel situation, apparently Mikel told him he wanted to take a "sabbatical leave" from international duties for a rather indefinite period of time... make of it what you want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4710
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
Tobi17 wrote:
Rohr just opened up on the Mikel situation, apparently Mikel told him he wanted to take a "sabbatical leave" from international duties for a rather indefinite period of time... make of it what you want.


Something along those lines or announce/hint game he will like to feature in on social media and expect Rohr to automatically call him up


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 6702
walesvilla wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
No issue here, Mikel will return for Afcon. He deserves the rest. :thumb:


no guarantee-especially if team keep winning and doing well + new talent emerged - 6 month in football is a long time-and what if he decided to extend his rest - or injured again in around June- i do not want the same issue that happened with an aging/injured JayJay in 2006 Afcon repeat itself with Mikel


beating Seychelles & (war torn) Libya is not a yard stick

_________________
Uzoho -- Shehu, TroostEkong, Balogun, Awaziem -- Onazi, Ndidi, Iwobi, Musa -- Kalu, Success


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20849
Location: Ukwuani
Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:
I don't buy into this nonsense, every now and then we have a player who thinks he is too good for the team or qualifications. Unless there is a very strong reason for not honoring the invitations, if he does not play the qualifiers why should he pop if we qualify?

did Osaze play during the qualifies before the WC in 2014? Did Idowu play any qualifiers? what about Joel Obi, Chidi Nwanu etc... What about all the players who are called but never play a qualifier and sits on the bench ? It matters not , the SE is growing, with new players and they are gradually finding alternatives. However if Mikel is available next summer for the AFCON, i see no reason why he can't play and improve our team
This is a player who's father was kidnapped before we played Argentina, and because he wasn't avaible to play vs Sechelles, Libya , SA and Uganda( minors) una want the guy to be kicked out of the team because he didn't play qualifier? :D

Mumu Bigpokey24! Look at all the grammatical jargons you wrote. If I attack you naw, you go say I dey derail the thread. Mumu-boy

Anyway, I will let you slide for now, I have better things to do today.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76643
Location: Earth
Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:
I don't buy into this nonsense, every now and then we have a player who thinks he is too good for the team or qualifications. Unless there is a very strong reason for not honoring the invitations, if he does not play the qualifiers why should he pop if we qualify?

did Osaze play during the qualifies before the WC in 2014? Did Idowu play any qualifiers? what about Joel Obi, Chidi Nwanu etc... What about all the players who are called but never play a qualifier and sits on the bench ? It matters not , the SE is growing, with new players and they are gradually finding alternatives. However if Mikel is available next summer for the AFCON, i see no reason why he can't play and improve our team
This is a player who's father was kidnapped before we played Argentina, and because he wasn't avaible to play vs Sechelles, Libya , SA and Uganda( minors) una want the guy to be kicked out of the team because he didn't play qualifier? :D

Mumu Bigpokey24! Look at all the grammatical jargons you wrote. If I attack you naw, you go say I dey derail the thread. Mumu-boy

Anyway, I will let you slide for now, I have better things to do today.

if i talk say you lack critical thinking , you go dey vex ..you claim you have better things to do, but you took your time to reply your master's post 8-) you are like a son to me

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12705
Location: USA
To be honest, if I were Mikel, after 10+ years of this, do I really want to be traveling to Libya/SA etc all the way from China, for Afcon qualifiers???? That's the definition of drudgery.

Afcon/WC competitions is one thing, but does Nigeria really need to call up Mikel for afcon qualifier? Against Libya??? Tenure should buy you some exemptions. If Nigeria insists on calling him for everything, it'll force him into retirement. If we still need him, we should work an agreement out.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76643
Location: Earth
deanotito wrote:
To be honest, if I were Mikel, after 10+ years of this, do I really want to be traveling to Libya/SA etc all the way from China, for Afcon qualifiers???? That's the definition of drudgery.

Afcon/WC competitions is one thing, but does Nigeria really need to call up Mikel for afcon qualifier? Against Libya??? Tenure should buy you some exemptions. If Nigeria insists on calling him for everything, it'll force him into retirement. If we still need him, we should work an agreement out.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: point of correction 12 years, going on 13 years when AFCON 2019 comes around
2006,2008,2010,2013 (4 AFCONS)

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7570
Mikel will be back when he's fully fit. Despite playing a few games here and there for his clubside since the World Cup, he's struggled for fitness. I think that we should respect his desire to return to peak condition before returning to national team duty.

Besides, this is a chance for the team to show that we can still thrive in his absence. Have we grown from where we were last year, when the collapsed in the absence of Mikel and Victor Moses? Or has our young team begun to take that next step in their development?

Missing 3 of our top 4 CMs (Mikel, Ndidi and Onazi) South Africa will be a big test for us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8013
According to some reports, Mikel is still traumatized by his father's kidnapping while he was at the WC.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 37205
Location: UK
mystic wrote:
Mikel will be back when he's fully fit. Despite playing a few games here and there for his clubside since the World Cup, he's struggled for fitness. I think that we should respect his desire to return to peak condition before returning to national team duty.

Besides, this is a chance for the team to show that we can still thrive in his absence. Have we grown from where we were last year, when the collapsed in the absence of Mikel and Victor Moses? Or has our young team begun to take that next step in their development?

Missing 3 of our top 4 CMs (Mikel, Ndidi and Onazi) South Africa will be a big test for us.
Good points, though we will soon start to hear comments that "Mikel is no longer needed"
They should shut up in advance.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:51 am
Posts: 7215
Location: Mars
Serves Mikel right after he betrayed Inyamah.

_________________
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIKEL AND ROHR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 47267
...e no easy to fly half way around the world to play qualifier. It is tiring, and I don't care how comfortable your plane seating is.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: danfo driver, DIMKA76, EMBEDDED, Google [Bot], KIZONZO, Komani, seloweizer, vancity eagle and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group