Arsenal 1 VS Liverpool 1 Laca, Milner

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal v Liverpool.

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Waffi, it's been established he was onside.
By who, my broda. I have given my opinion, but it is merely an opinion, based ony understanding of the rules, not a fact.

PGMOL.

You should really try and learn the rules of the game...It was a very basic error...
That discredited bunch led by Mike Riley. Hahaha. Try another one.

On the rules, I have posted it up there. Read it again. Don't worry, I have based my opinion on my interpretation of the rules. If you disagree, that's fine. No need to be patronising and rude in the course of the discourse. We can always agree to disagree.

Here is the offside rule. Enjoy.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... ---offside

Here are key excerpts pertaining to the incident we are debating.

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

interfering with an opponent by:

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
challenging an opponent for the ball or

clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

or
gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent

been deliberately saved by any opponent

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

None of the above came into play in this situation.

This is why the professional body of referees confirmed to NBCN during the game that the goal was INCORRECTLY ruled out.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
By who, my broda. I have given my opinion, but it is merely an opinion, based ony understanding of the rules, not a fact.

PGMOL.

You should really try and learn the rules of the game...It was a very basic error...

On the rules, I have posted it up there. Read it again. Don't worry, I have based my opinion on my interpretation of the rules. If you disagree, that's fine. No need to be patronising and rude in the course of the discourse. We can always agree to disagree.

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or

clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or

making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or
gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

This is why the professional body of referees confirmed to NBCN during the game that the goal was INCORRECTLY ruled out.
Highlighted that for you. The moment Firmino received the ball Mane was already in an off-side position and as per rules not opinions he is not allowed to touch that ball as his initial off-side position already gave him an unfair advantage
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

PGMOL.

Offside offence

or

Highlighted that for you. The moment Firmino received the ball Mane was already in an off-side position and as per rules not opinions he is not allowed to touch that ball as his initial off-side position already gave him an unfair advantage

Not a correct understanding of the rules.

Mane comes into play in the 2nd phase and couldn't be offsides then...

And in the first phase, even though he takes a few steps towards the ball, he was behind Firmino, who was closer to the ball and therefore could not be adjudged to be in any way influencing the play.

As u can see, the linesman's flag is only waved in the 2nd phase.

This is why every major pundit, the refs association and ex-refs who have commented on it, agree it was an incorrect call.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

txj wrote:
bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

PGMOL.

Offside offence

or

Not a correct understanding of the rules.

Mane comes into play in the 2nd phase and couldn't be offsides then...

And in the first phase, even though he takes a few steps towards the ball, he was behind Firmino, who was closer to the ball and therefore could not be adjudged to be in any way influencing the play.

As u can see, the linesman's flag is only waved in the 2nd phase.

This is why every major pundit, the refs association and ex-refs who have commented on it, agree it was an incorrect call.
Have you ever considered that the flag was probably not raised in the so called first phase because Firmino was onside and had the ball advantage

Mane was definitely offside during the first play, and my opinion was he went for the ball just as Firmino was also reaching for the ball, and he seemed to withdraw for Firmino to continue play (perhaps to get a pass, which I thought was smart play)

So except the linesman had already reflected on why he raised the flag, everything else is conjecture and trying to read the linesman's mind at this point (just as i am conjecturing on Mane leaving he ball for Firmino)
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

He only raised his flag in the 2nd phase, and that's not conjecture.

zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

txj wrote:He only raised his flag in the 2nd phase, and that's not conjecture.
But nowadays linesmen wait for the player to come into play before raising the flag
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

oloye wrote:This is a new look Arsenal team... This one has the mental strength of giants and not midgets.
KPOM! :thumb:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

oloye wrote:That goal by Laca, now that is how you strike..
Again, KPOM! :thumb: :thumb:
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

ohsee wrote:

I KPOM your KPOM ! :thumbs:

.... Arsenal for life ! :D
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Liverpool should have wrapped up the game earlier..they didn't even get out of 1st gear
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Globero wrote:
ohsee wrote:

hmmm....Globy don surface!!!

Arsenal for Life....KPOM!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohsee wrote:
oloye wrote:This is a new look Arsenal team... This one has the mental strength of giants and not midgets.
I have to say this is the best I have seen Arsenal play. They played without fear and caused Liverpool to have a disjointed display.

Then again, they got lucky... Had Liverpool opened the floodgates early enough who knows if they would have had the mental strength to come back.

First time seeing the midget in midfield. He was everywhere and played with a big heart.

Entertaining stuff.

Liverpool is yet to play at the level they played last year.

Kudos to Arsenal...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:
ohsee wrote:
I have to say this is the best I have seen Arsenal play. They played without fear and caused Liverpool to have a disjointed display.

Then again, they got lucky... Had Liverpool opened the floodgates early enough who knows if they would have had the mental strength to come back.

First time seeing the midget in midfield. He was everywhere and played with a big heart.

Entertaining stuff.

Kudos to Arsenal...
Coming from you, I take it as a big compliment :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Arsenal for Life, as Cellular, Oloye, Ohsee and Globero have returned home. We welcome our prodigal sons.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

are assanl fans celebrating a draw ? yall are so funny. YOu are yet to beat a top 6 team this season so far ...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bk-one wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

PGMOL.

Offside offence

or

Highlighted for you. The focus is on when the ball was played or touched by Firmino, and not when it was received. At the time Firmino PLAYED the ball, Mane was no longer offside as he was behind Firmino and the ball.

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:
ohsee wrote:

Entertaining stuff.

Kudos to Arsenal...
:shock: :shock:
We nor let them play. 8-)
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Globero wrote:
ohsee wrote:

I will add rikom (,) in there and say ... , but Emery needs to grow some balls and play 2 up front with Auba and Laca.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Change is good oooh,kai some were saying we are going the manu way after ojoro Sir Alex left Manu,so we should stick with our dictator for life.
Thank God those who run from beloved are coming back home to enjoy change.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Are people saying Mane's goal was offside? The linesman made a massive error. Mane was no way in an offside position on that play!! He was behind the ball when the pass was made! Haba!! Is offside so difficult to understand!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cristao II wrote:Are people saying Mane's goal was offside? The linesman made a massive error. Mane was no way in an offside position on that play!! He was behind the ball when the pass was made! Haba!! Is offside so difficult to understand!!

Heard the Toto stadium will be ready in March now :lol: :lol: :D stay focused on ya issues homie :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

anikulapo wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Are people saying Mane's goal was offside? The linesman made a massive error. Mane was no way in an offside position on that play!! He was behind the ball when the pass was made! Haba!! Is offside so difficult to understand!!

Heard the Toto stadium will be ready in March now :lol: :lol: :D stay focused on ya issues homie :mrgreen:
Thought people said Tottenham would be getting relegated soon .. understand ya issues ..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

On the first pass or the rebound?
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cristao II wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Thought people said Tottenham would be getting relegated soon .. understand ya issues ..

Are you hearing voices in your head? :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.