1973 Green Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
1973 Green Eagles

Post by Goldleaf »

Can anyone attempt to name any member of the 1973 All Africa Games gold winning Green Eagles apart from then Military Head of State Yakubu Gowon?
bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: 1973 Green Eagles

Post by bully12 »

Goldleaf wrote:Image

Can anyone attempt to name any member of the 1973 All Africa Games gold winning Green Eagles apart from then Military Head of State Yakubu Gowon?
I can see Okala and Dominic Ezeani
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

1973 ke- in a country where we do not keep records - Thank God for Nigeria hosting Afcon in 1980- otherwise the case of Odegbami CCC Muda Felix and co would have been like above - see picture and only able to name 1 or 2.

anyone that names more than 6 will be doing so merely from memory and guess work.

kid born 10 years will name the England 1966 winning team by heart- first 11
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

walesvilla wrote:1973 ke- in a country where we do not keep records - Thank God for Nigeria hosting Afcon in 1980- otherwise the case of Odegbami CCC Muda Felix and co would have been like above - see picture and only able to name 1 or 2.

anyone that names more than 6 will be doing so merely from memory and guess work.

kid born 10 years will name the England 1966 winning team by heart- first 11
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bros you are right-o! For me, na only Okala and the head of State I sabi. The rest, who sign?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Sir V in 5,4,3,2,1

What about our statistician, forgive me, I forgot his name?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Goldleaf

I could p[ossibly name more than half of them but the photo that I see is only from left to Okala and that is it. Can you reduce the size so that we can see most of them?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

I see Ewerem Oji,
Albert Okorojo
Segun Alakija
Uwem Albert
Sam Amafori
David Okotie
Samuel Nbanaga
Danladi Alli
Edward Ifikoje
Baba ulo Musa
&
Sikiru Ariyo

Ok guys. I made up the names :lol:
Last edited by Ekorian on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

I am going to refrain because I have seen this photo and the names on WhatsApp, otherwise it's the 3 Rangers greats that I recognize (Okala, Ezeani and Achebe).
Last edited by ukwala on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Deleted
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Backrow: Sam Ikedi, Mathias Obianika, Morton Owolo, Sanni Mohammed, Kenneth Olayombo, Sunday Izevbigie, Tony Otah.

Middle row: Coach Dan Anyiam, Jossy Dombraye, Sunny Oyarekhua, Victor Oduah, General Gowon, Hakuna Ilerika, Yakubu Mambo,Yomi Bamiro, Godwin Achebe

Squatting: Tony lgwe, Dominic Ezeani, Eyo Essien, Sylvester Engorge, Gideon Njoku, Emmanuel Okala

Cheers.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Backrow: Sam Ikedi, Mathias Obianika, Morton Owolo, Sanni Mohammed, Kenneth Olayombo, Sunday Izevbigie, Tony Otah.

Middle row: Coach Dan Anyiam, Jossy Dombraye, Sunny Oyarekhua, Victor Oduah, General Gowon, Hakuna Ilerika, Yakubu Mambo,Yomi Bamiro, Godwin Achebe

Squatting: Tony lgwe, Dominic Ezeani, Eyo Essien, Sylvester Engorge, Gideon Njoku, Emmanuel Okala

Cheers.

Confess, you saw the same whatsapp expo.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Cheers.
:thumb: Oga TTK, no vex, but that guy with moustache no be Dan Anyiam o... I no know him name, but no be Dan Anyiam be that...

Otherwise, good job...95% :thumbs:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

FATHER TIKO wrote:

Cheers.
:thumb: Oga TTK, no vex, but that guy with moustache no be Dan Anyiam o... I no know him name, but no be Dan Anyiam be that...

Nah...he saw expo. That list (verbatim) is circulating with the pic on Whatsapp
AFCON 2019 sweet o

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Cheers.

You see am..?! :lol: :lol:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...memories.
I can only name Achebe, Okala, and Ezeani.
Others, faces familiar but can't remember names.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Cheers.
Wasnt Peter Anieke part of the 1973 Team?
Have to be honest dont recognise most of them either
YNWA
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Did they use actual soccer boots back then? What about shin guards?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:taunt: :taunt: Una be babes, 1973, I was in primary 2..
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:Did they use actual soccer boots back then? What about shin guards?
Shin guard was not compulsory until around 89. At least in Nigerian, it was in 1990 I started using shin guards because it became compulsory. Even the FISU games I attended in 87 I played without shin guards..... It was the advent of aids that made it compulsory

As for boots, shattap dia.... They have been using boots since the 60s
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Did they use actual soccer boots back then? What about shin guards?
Shin guard was not compulsory until around 89. At least in Nigerian, it was in 1990 I started using shin guards because it became compulsory. Even the FISU games I attended in 87 I played without shin guards..... It was the advent of aids that made it compulsory

:mrgreen: No mind me o
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Cheers.

Confess, you saw the same whatsapp expo.
Yep!! I got the same picture and names from my whatsapp group... :)
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:

I remember CCC used to be without shin guards, and his socks will be down to his ankles. Strong Man!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Cheers.

You see am..?! :lol: :lol:
me sef get am na.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o