Henry Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Henry Onyekuru

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:We all castigated Rohr for supposedly ignoring Onyekuru, myself included, but it is now becomming clear the reason why, and perhaps Rohr was not out of his mind.

I watched the full match of both Onyekuru, Chukwueze, and Success this past weekend, and despite Onyekuru's 2 goals, both Success and Chukwueze impressed me far more.

Onyekuru's first goal was a tap in, his second while a nice finish was just him being released on a breakaway. Chukwuezes goal was much nicer and involved more skill and composure. Onyekuru that I've seen play for SE lacks composure and messed up a few opportunities in which if he was more composed would have scored a few goals. Now we can say that he was a little nervous as he hasn't really had much time with SE, which is fair. But when I look at the 3 mentioned players above, Onyekuru is BY FAR the least dynamic. He depends very much on his SPEED, and he is not aggresive in defence, which is why I can see Rohr prefers both Moses Simon and Ahmed Musa.

Chukwueze seems to be much more effective in tight spaces than Onyekuru, as does Success. Success is far ahead of Onyekuru in terms of vision, football IQ, passing.

For me with the glutony of wide players we now seem to have, and with the likely addition of Ademola Lookman and Noah Bazee, Onyekuru will be out of the picture in terms of being a wide player for us.

I think he should reinvent himself as a striker to be honest, because he does seem to be one of the better finishers of our team, and his lack of defensive game and overall team play and contribution would probably make the striker his best suited position for us.

Only problem is that he lacks the strength and holdup play that both Ighalo and Success can bring.

But if he developed well he could turn into a poor mans Samuel Eto. Something about him reminds me of his style of play.

Either way Onyekuru despite the early hype will very likely be a periphral player for sE. I cannot see him having a major contribution to SE with all of the emerging players.

This is not necessarily a knock on Onyekuru but more a statement of where SE are today with a plethora of talents.

If Onyekuru were around a few years back in the Keshi or Oliseh era, he would have played a major role, but today he may not even be called up for most matches to even sit on the bench.

Without a doubt Chukwueze is a complete baller, the SE attacking three should have Kalu and Chukwueze with a prolific goal scorer in the middle. And please play Kalu on the left
Chulwueze cannot start. We can use him for last 20mins of a game we need to win.
Weytin do am?
he is too young. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?