Cybereagles
http://forum.cybereagles.com/

Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Africa
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292036
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Adisboy [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Africa

South Africa juju on play,

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/i ... les-clash/

Author:  maceo4 [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

This kind of reporting where they don't know the actual injury, but just make a story based on reading the match report and seeing he was subbed in the 17th minute and then speculate about his readiness for a match weeks away. Didn't we read that Onyekuru was out of the SA game, only for me to see him playing in the CL?

Author:  niyi [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

maceo4 wrote:
This kind of reporting where they don't know the actual injury, but just make a story based on reading the match report and seeing he was subbed in the 17th minute and then speculate about his readiness for a match weeks away. Didn't we read that Onyekuru was out of the SA game, only for me to see him playing in the CL?


Onyekuru was injured but came back way ahead of schedule

Reading Ighalo's injury is a hamstring injury. We don't need to call a replacement

Author:  bushboy [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Dang! My boy :(
No yawa, my other boy will replace him and have his SE coming out party. Musa is also able to play that position.

Author:  maceo4 [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
This kind of reporting where they don't know the actual injury, but just make a story based on reading the match report and seeing he was subbed in the 17th minute and then speculate about his readiness for a match weeks away. Didn't we read that Onyekuru was out of the SA game, only for me to see him playing in the CL?


Onyekuru was injured but came back way ahead of schedule

Reading Ighalo's injury is a hamstring injury. We don't need to call a replacement


My thing is how can they speculate the length of time the player will be out from their couch in Nigeria, esp. since most of the time they don't even know the injury.

Author:  Gotti [ Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
This kind of reporting where they don't know the actual injury, but just make a story based on reading the match report and seeing he was subbed in the 17th minute and then speculate about his readiness for a match weeks away. Didn't we read that Onyekuru was out of the SA game, only for me to see him playing in the CL?

Onyekuru was injured but came back way ahead of schedule

Reading Ighalo's injury is a hamstring injury. We don't need to call a replacement

My thing is how can they speculate the length of time the player will be out from their couch in Nigeria, esp. since most of the time they don't even know the injury.

But it was Onyekuru’s club that listed him out for 4-6 weeks....

Author:  maceo4 [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
This kind of reporting where they don't know the actual injury, but just make a story based on reading the match report and seeing he was subbed in the 17th minute and then speculate about his readiness for a match weeks away. Didn't we read that Onyekuru was out of the SA game, only for me to see him playing in the CL?

Onyekuru was injured but came back way ahead of schedule

Reading Ighalo's injury is a hamstring injury. We don't need to call a replacement

My thing is how can they speculate the length of time the player will be out from their couch in Nigeria, esp. since most of the time they don't even know the injury.

But it was Onyekuru’s club that listed him out for 4-6 weeks....


Are you sure about that? Only saw naija websites saying that. But Ighalo nko? How do they know he’s out of the SA match without knowing what his injury is?

Author:  vancity eagle [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

we have an abundance of forwards

any of

Musa, Oshimen, Success, Iheanacho, Onyekuru can step in.

Me I prefer Success

Author:  Adisboy [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Now confirmed out of the match. He will be out for 5 weeks. Onyekuru replaces him in the squad. Time for Success to step up.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/o ... ana-clash/

By Adeboye Amosu

Henry Onyekuru has been handed a late call-up as replacement for the injured Odion Ighalo for Nigeria’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa, reports Completesportsnigeria. com.
The encounter is billed for the FNB Stadium, Johannesburg next week Saturday.

The three-time African champions will also face the Cranes of Uganda in a friendly encounter at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba on November 20.
Ighalo sustained a harmstring injury in his club Changchun Yatai’s Chinese Super League clash against Tianjin Quanjin on Wednesday.

He was replaced in the 17th minute of the encounter by Lasse Vibe and will now be sidelined for up to five weeks.
Ighalo will also missed Changchun Yatai’s last league match of the season against Dalian Yifang, a big loss to the club who are fighting to escape the drop.
The former Watford striker has scored six goals in his last three apperances for Nigeria and has contributed 21 goals for Changchun Yatai in the CSL this season.
“@henryconyekuru replaces injured @ighalojude for game against South Africa. #SoarSuperEagles #Team9jaStrong #Afcon2019Q,” reads a tweet on the official Twitter handle of the Nigeria Football Federation.
Onyekuru only returned to action last weekend for his Turkish club, Galatasaray after picking up an injury in Nigeria’s last qualifying fixture against Libya in Sfax, Tunisia.
He was in action in Galatasaray’s 2-0 loss to German club, Schalke 04 in a UEFA Champions League clash on Tuesday.
Nigeria top Group E with nine points, one more than Bafana Bafana who sit in second position with eight points. Libya occupy third position with four points, while Seychelles have one point.

Author:  ohenhen1 [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Wish him a speedy recovery. This is why we need depth in the Eagles If Success was not handed a call cup against Libya. We would be in crisis right now. The Coach got to do a better job at building depth. Should have called up Awoniyi or another striker instead of Onyekuru. Even another midfielder would have been a better move.

Author:  Kabalega [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

No Uzoho! No Ighalo!

Who is replacing Uzoho as the 3rd goalie?
The S. Africans know Akpeyi inside out and Enzenwa is a calamity red card waiting to happen.
I dey fear for the Eagles...

Author:  Damunk [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

ohenhen1 wrote:
Wish him a speedy recovery. This is why we need depth in the Eagles If Success was not handed a call cup against Libya. We would be in crisis right now. The Coach got to do a better job at building depth. Should have called up Awoniyi or another striker instead of Onyekuru. Even another midfielder would have been a better move.

But he was called up, and has been called up again.....so what exactly is the point of this your 'observation'?
JEEZ. :rotf:

Author:  Damunk [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

They need to go beg this Mama Isaac woman;



First Deeney, now Ighalo!

Author:  green4life [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Kabalega wrote:
No Uzoho! No Ighalo!

Who is replacing Uzoho as the 3rd goalie?
The S. Africans know Akpeyi inside out and Enzenwa is a calamity red card waiting to happen.
I dey fear for the Eagles...


Thanks for your consign. :rotf:

Author:  Gotti [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Adisboy wrote:
Now confirmed out of the match. He will be out for 5 weeks. Onyekuru replaces him in the squad. Time for Success to step up.

Careful! Bros MACEO will demand how you knew that “from the comfort of your couch”! :lol:

Meanwhile, let’s just hope Success (or anyone else for that matter) does not get injured this weekend.

Author:  maceo4 [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Gotti wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Now confirmed out of the match. He will be out for 5 weeks. Onyekuru replaces him in the squad. Time for Success to step up.

Careful! Bros MACEO will demand how you knew that “from the comfort of your couch”! :lol:

Meanwhile, let’s just hope Success (or anyone else for that matter) does not get injured this weekend.


Bros, this is an example of a proper report, I have zero issue with this. However, the first report was based on speculation without any details (same with the initial Onyekuru report which has turned out to be false), and that is what seems to permeate Nigerian sports (footie) journalism, not to mention their myriad of typos, misspellings, and poor grammar. But hey if that's what you consider good journalism then who am I to say otherwise, enjoy the stories from their couch to yours. :rotf:

Author:  ohenhen1 [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Wish him a speedy recovery. This is why we need depth in the Eagles If Success was not handed a call cup against Libya. We would be in crisis right now. The Coach got to do a better job at building depth. Should have called up Awoniyi or another striker instead of Onyekuru. Even another midfielder would have been a better move.

But he was called up, and has been called up again.....so what exactly is the point of this your 'observation'?
JEEZ. :rotf:



My point is Issac Success should have been called up earlier. We need depth.

Author:  vancity eagle [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Wish him a speedy recovery. This is why we need depth in the Eagles If Success was not handed a call cup against Libya. We would be in crisis right now. The Coach got to do a better job at building depth. Should have called up Awoniyi or another striker instead of Onyekuru. Even another midfielder would have been a better move.

But he was called up, and has been called up again.....so what exactly is the point of this your 'observation'?
JEEZ. :rotf:



My point is Issac Success should have been called up earlier. We need depth.



Success was called up as far back as 2017 for a friendly against Senegal, he came on and did well.

Then he fell of form and chased hookers and got injured. As soon as he found form again Rohr called him up, so what exactly are you complaining about.

Rohr has done well in terms of building depth of our forward and wide players. We see this with the inclusion of (Onyekuru, Success, Chukwueze, Oshimen, Kalu)

he has done relatively well on the defensive front as well, and even though there are not as many options here he has called up the likes of (Ajayi and Collins)

Where he has failed is in the midfield and goalkeeping departments.

The fact that he has failed to look at any other goalkeeping options is highly treasonous. Is he really trying to tell us that Ezenwa is the best homebased goalkeeper, when he does not even start for Enyimba. Is there really no other keepers in Nigeria better than Akpeyi ?

And as for midfield he has failed, especially in this window to look at any other options. Usmain Muhammad is starting today in UEFA league. What about Azuibikwe, Chidebere Nwakali, Can these players not at least be observed in camp. What about the boy who plays for BOurnemouth, what about EJaria and Eze. Rohr has failed woefully in this regard.

The one place you are complaining about (forwards) is the one place Rohr has actually been 100% spot on.

Author:  Odas [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

green4life wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
No Uzoho! No Ighalo!

Who is replacing Uzoho as the 3rd goalie?
The S. Africans know Akpeyi inside out and Enzenwa is a calamity red card waiting to happen.
I dey fear for the Eagles...

Thanks for your consign. :rotf:

No mind Chief Kabalega! He's always looking for our troble

Author:  Kabalega [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Odas wrote:
green4life wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
No Uzoho! No Ighalo!

Who is replacing Uzoho as the 3rd goalie?
The S. Africans know Akpeyi inside out and Enzenwa is a calamity red card waiting to happen.
I dey fear for the Eagles...

Thanks for your consign. :rotf:

No mind Chief Kabalega! He's always looking for our troble

Oga Odas, who will man the posts for the Eagles?

Author:  Gotti [ Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

maceo4 wrote:
Bros, this is an example of a proper report, I have zero issue with this. However, the first report was based on speculation without any details (same with the initial Onyekuru report which has turned out to be false), and that is what seems to permeate Nigerian sports (footie) journalism, not to mention their myriad of typos, misspellings, and poor grammar. But hey if that's what you consider good journalism then who am I to say otherwise, enjoy the stories from their couch to yours. :rotf:

Bros, just chop your pie and move on... :lol:

The same Naija media outlets that reported the Onyekuru and Ighalo injuries, each of which you doubted, as well as the replacement of Ighalo with Onyekuru, have all been proven CORRECT on all three stories, and have reduced a grown-arsenaled dude to chasing obfuscatory shadows (as if CE is a news editing or spell-checking forum) in derogation of SUBSTANCE!

Author:  maceo4 [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bros, this is an example of a proper report, I have zero issue with this. However, the first report was based on speculation without any details (same with the initial Onyekuru report which has turned out to be false), and that is what seems to permeate Nigerian sports (footie) journalism, not to mention their myriad of typos, misspellings, and poor grammar. But hey if that's what you consider good journalism then who am I to say otherwise, enjoy the stories from their couch to yours. :rotf:

Bros, just chop your pie and move on... :lol:

The same Naija media outlets that reported the Onyekuru and Ighalo injuries, each of which you doubted, as well as the replacement of Ighalo with Onyekuru, have all been proven CORRECT on all three stories, and have reduced a grown-arsenaled dude to chasing obfuscatory shadows (as if CE is a news editing or spell-checking forum) in derogation of SUBSTANCE!


How were all three right when one said Onyekuru would be missing the SA match? Isn't it the same Onyekuru we just saw playing CL and replacing Ighalo? I'm the one asking for substance, what did they list as the injury in the initial report on Ighalo where was the substance there? They were simply guessing just like they did regarding Onyekuru and were wrong. Again enjoy your couch journalism, me I'll take everything they write with a pinch of salt esp. when there are no details (substance) of the injury they are reporting.

Author:  Flex Swift [ Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wahala dey ooo. Ighalo injured!! Doubtful for South Afri

Mine own be say : even if first choice keeper don wound and Ighalo don injure, Prince Charles don talk am say 9ja no dey carry last!!!!

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/