Man City FFP (3-1) Man United B

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man City FFP (3-1) Man United B

Post by marko »

History will be the only memories we can hang out by the look of things, united commercial appeal is disguising our terrible football, we can afford to write off this season which we have, thats why Mourinho has not been shown the door, they are probably seeing out the clause in his contract which ensures we have to finish in a top position, anything to avoid paying him close to 15 million pounds

If united numbers go down for any reason, they will act and be ruthless, i dont think he should be given a penny in january, let him work on the squad he has, if he dont like it, he should resign
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

marko wrote:...we got a reminder today that if you struggle to play lesser teams playing sit back foltball, of course when the big boys come calling, they will rip you to shreds, Mourinho gets to keep his job, the board waiting for a turnaround or hoping at least
Mourinho will always get the odd results here and there and that's exactly what has been fooling some people who are yet to come to terms with the fact that Mourinho is not a good fit for Man United.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

marko wrote:History will be the only memories we can hang out by the look of things, united commercial appeal is disguising our terrible football, we can afford to write off this season which we have, thats why Mourinho has not been shown the door, they are probably seeing out the clause in his contract which ensures we have to finish in a top position, anything to avoid paying him close to 15 million pounds

If united numbers go down for any reason, they will act and be ruthless, i dont think he should be given a penny in january, let him work on the squad he has, if he dont like it, he should resign
The annoying thing is that the NYSE financial monster called Man United is making even more money than when the team was winning everything - as a fan just brace up and keep on enjoying the roller coaster. They don't care... and I don't think that is changing for a long time :lol:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Let me copy and paste too, a long read, feel free to add the full text her

https://www.football365.com/news/16-con ... ter-united

Very good analysis and write up, its the fans that will suffer, if they start boycotting the games, the board will act, we united supprters are loyal and should be bit to watch cowardice football, sorry did not sign up for this crap
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

YemiBrazil wrote:
marko wrote:History will be the only memories we can hang out by the look of things, united commercial appeal is disguising our terrible football, we can afford to write off this season which we have, thats why Mourinho has not been shown the door, they are probably seeing out the clause in his contract which ensures we have to finish in a top position, anything to avoid paying him close to 15 million pounds

The annoying thing is that the NYSE financial monster called Man United is making even more money than when the team was winning everything - as a fan just brace up and keep on enjoying the roller coaster. They don't care... and I don't think that is changing for a long time :lol:

YemiJubrin:

No worries. When they come to Old Trafford, dem go hear am
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

YemiBrazil wrote:

As a shareholder, I am very happy :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

maceo4 wrote:
mcal wrote:...safe to say United don't belong as elite side any more. May be in name and money.
Since SAF left now...
...you right there. They just going thru the motion as a club.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

That was an arse whooping.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

At least United fans can stop kidding themselves about having a good team that is only held back by Mourinho.

I repeat, most of these players are overrated, when you see Ashley Young doing majority of the good work and fighting like a warrior, that's when you see what kind of team we are talking about.

That Luke Shaw was just standing there letting passes fly past him as goals were being created. I can see where Mourinho's criticism of the defense comes from
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:At least United fans can stop kidding themselves about having a good team that is only held back by Mourinho.

I repeat, most of these players are overrated, when you see Ashley Young doing majority of the good work and fighting like a warrior, that's when you see what kind of team we are talking about.

That Luke Shaw was just standing there letting passes fly past him as goals were being created. I can see where Mourinho's criticism of the defense comes from
The Stones guy was very suspect when city paid like 50 mil for him, the difference is Guardiola develops players, look at Sterling as well, he teaches them to be comfortable on the ball, thats why they dont panic when they have the ball even in dangerous situations, putting Felliani, matic and herrera in midfield was suicidal, Herrera has not played that play making role for ages, matic and felliani are similar, what about Fred and perreira, at least those 2 guys have legs, without Pogba, we had no discipline, could not keep the ball as City pressed barcelona style without the ball, we just invited pressure after pressure, i would have even started Sanchez on the left and martial play through the center and get more direct at the City defence, anytime martial got the ball, he was doubled up, sometimes tripled up

sorry yesterday was a footballing lesson! Juventus inabilty to kill the game gave delusional fans false hopes, City were never going to let us off the hook, we were just too far off each other, Rashford gets a ball, he looks, the nearest player is in the desert, herrera gets the ball, he looks, not a single player to pass to, then of course, he gets dispossessed, happened 3 different occasions

Why dont we attack right from te word go? give City something to think about, the dynamics of the game would have been different but Mourinho does not trust anyone, thats why he rather they be compact and not open up but this City team, they will rip you to shreds playing like that

when you play the lesser teams and you play cautious football, you know there are issues! well i gave up yesterday at 2PM when i heard Pogba failed a late fitness test, with him, at least, he loves these big games, has the confidence to make a pass or take on players, the likes of Martial/rashford/lingard suffered from not having Pogba on the pitch, it was a tall order for us unfortunately, gulf in class is very apparent even for the twitter copy and paste crew!

Marko
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:At least United fans can stop kidding themselves about having a good team that is only held back by Mourinho.

The Stones guy was very suspect when city paid like 50 mil for him, the difference is Guardiola develops players, look at Sterling as well, he teaches them to be comfortable on the ball, thats why they dont panic when they have the ball even in dangerous situations, putting Felliani, matic and herrera in midfield was suicidal, Herrera has not played that play making role for ages, matic and felliani are similar, what about Fred and perreira, at least those 2 guys have legs, without Pogba, we had no discipline, could not keep the ball as City pressed barcelona style without the ball, we just invited pressure after pressure, i would have even started Sanchez on the left and martial play through the center and get more direct at the City defence, anytime martial got the ball, he was doubled up, sometimes tripled up

sorry yesterday was a footballing lesson! Juventus inabilty to kill the game gave delusional fans false hopes, City were never going to let us off the hook, we were just too far off each other, Rashford gets a ball, he looks, the nearest player is in the desert, herrera gets the ball, he looks, not a single player to pass to, then of course, he gets dispossessed, happened 3 different occasions

Why dont we attack right from te word go? give City something to think about, the dynamics of the game would have been different but Mourinho does not trust anyone, thats why he rather they be compact and not open up but this City team, they will rip you to shreds playing like that

when you play the lesser teams and you play cautious football, you know there are issues! well i gave up yesterday at 2PM when i heard Pogba failed a late fitness test, with him, at least, he loves these big games, has the confidence to make a pass or take on players, the likes of Martial/rashford/lingard suffered from not having Pogba on the pitch, it was a tall order for us unfortunately, gulf in class is very apparent even for the twitter copy and paste crew!
City thrives on punishing positional mistakes so if you’re going to go at them you better do it well because if they get the ball they’ll pick you apart.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
marko wrote:

City thrives on punishing positional mistakes so if you’re going to go at them you better do it well because if they get the ball they’ll pick you apart.
Of course, our players did not want to come out from our side of the pitch so they lose formation, City were forcing the issue, look at their first goal, 2nd goal, quick one-two and Aguero tears the back of the net, that was a game that came too soon, we now have the top 4, then we have the 2nd part of the league, from 7th till 15th, United sadly is placed at our flying altitude, right now, we dont have the right to be in the top 6, yesterday game was so unfair, one has to lament about the class apart, 44 passes and we blame our full backs right??

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:

At least we agree on one thing. Gulf in class.
We all saw it against Juventus.
Yesterday was just another exposing.
At least show some urgency even if you're less talented, not just ball watching.
44 passes during a derby and you are still standing there not getting a yellow card ? :biggrin:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:

At least we agree on one thing. Gulf in class.
We all saw it against Juventus.
Yesterday was just another exposing.
At least show some urgency even if you're less talented, not just ball watching.
44 passes during a derby and you are still standing there not getting a yellow card ? :biggrin:
when you have a coach that encourages you to hold your corner like the secret service, Bournemouth, Newcastle and a host of other teams dominated play against united as well, its just how we are set up to play, can city play 44 passes against Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal? they will forced to make mistakes, we just sat and watched them make history and mincemeat out of united, how the mighty have fallen but it does not have to be this way

the board cannot sit through this madness and keep quiet, their so called profits and commercial ventures are dependdent on United playing good football, if you take one away, eventually the other will crumble, i expect inquest, i wil continue to say it, we have the talent in our squad, right now, we dont have the self belief, confidence and a seriously coward of a coach looking for money forgetting he spent 60 million on Lindelof and bailly and the other guy dalot who seems to be a decent player, add fred, we are talking of over 100M and he is still complaining, give these players to Pep, he will teach them how to play on the ground!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Neville on why he ‘feared the worst’ ahead of derby

Date published: Monday 12th November 2018 9:48

Gary Neville claims he “feared the worst” when it was announced that Paul Pogba would be missing the Manchester derby on Sunday.

Manchester City beat Manchester United 3-1 at the Etihad Stadium with goals from David Silva, Sergio Aguero and Ilkay Gundogan sealing the win for Pep Guardiola’s side.

The Red Devils struggled to get a foothold in the match with City controlling the midfield and limiting United’s chances.

Their only shot on target was their goal from the penalty spot and Neville puts their lack of creativity down to missing Pogba.

“When I got here this morning and I learned that Paul Pogba had not travelled to the team hotel, I feared the worst,” Neville said on his Sky Sports podcast.

“Pogba comes under a lot of scrutiny when he’s playing but he should come under a lot of scrutiny when he’s not playing.

“What you saw from United in central midfield was nowhere near good enough – we knew it was going to happen before the game.

“They can’t transfer the ball from back to front with any quality. With respect to Matic, Herrera and Fellaini, that’s not their qualities, that’s not what they do.

“But United can’t be in a position having spent all the money that they’ve spent to have a midfield that can’t pass the ball in what would be an acceptable way.

“You can have one player who is maybe lacking a bit in quality – you can’t have three in the same midfield. You don’t get the quality of the pass into the front three.

“Pogba not playing today was a massive blow. He didn’t play in the game at Old Trafford and it was a non-event.

“He came here, Pogba, and played in a United team similar to the team today and he was the difference in the second half.

“I do think United with Pogba in the second half in that 20 minute where City were a little bit nervous would have made a difference.

“What he does have, for all people can say about his faults, he has guts and courage and takes the ball in the final third.

“He has the arrogance to think he can play in any stadium in the world in any atmosphere with any pressure on him and deliver. That’s a massive quality that should never be underestimated.

“You can argue he doesn’t know the position in a two, loses his discipline – but what we know is he can change a game, his penetrating runs, his ability to run into the box, to find a pass, he was a big miss.”

After the match, Neville was involved in a heated debate with Graeme Souness over whether Jose Mourinho is getting the best out of the current crop of players.

For the copy and paste crew, neville and probably millions of united fans fared the worst! without Pogba, we are a pub football team!

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

United battled City and won the transfers of Alexis and then Fred.

Against his wishes, United brought back Pereira from Valencia where he had an outstanding season in La Liga. A player that Brazil coach Tite, thought interesting enough to invite to the selecao...

Having gotten these players, they have all being left languishing on the bench, and not fully integrated into the team.

Eric Bailly came to United with a good resume and a powerful body of work from La Liga. After an initial flourish, he made several crucial errors, and is now consigned to the bench with Jose complaining about lacking quality CDs.

Contrast his situation with Dejan Lovren at LFC, or Vertonghen and Sanchez at Spurs; look at how the young Foyt is being brought along...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

txj wrote:United battled City and won the transfers of Alexis and then Fred.

Against his wishes, United brought back Pereira from Valencia where he had an outstanding season in La Liga. A player that Brazil coach Tite, thought interesting enough to invite to the selecao...

Having gotten these players, they have all being left languishing on the bench, and not fully integrated into the team.

Eric Bailly came to United with a good resume and a powerful body of work from La Liga. After an initial flourish, he made several crucial errors, and is now consigned to the bench with Jose complaining about lacking quality CDs.

Contrast his situation with Dejan Lovren at LFC, or Vertonghen and Sanchez at Spurs; look at how the young Foyt is being brought along...
How Bailly turned into a bad player is baffling, i thought on form, he was one of the premiership meanest defenders, same scenario with Perreira, just too many issues we have, nothing is working

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

What happened to Fred?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:

The Stones guy was very suspect when city paid like 50 mil for him, the difference is Guardiola develops players, look at Sterling as well, he teaches them to be comfortable on the ball, thats why they dont panic when they have the ball even in dangerous situations, putting
:lol: :lol: :lol:

so City paid 50MP for players who were 'suspect on the ball'?

what happened to the players The Fraud inherited from Pellers? You know, the players that Pellers got to UCL semis....
Hint: The Fraud was getting spanked 4-0 by teams like Everton in his 1st season.

Then he spent...and spent big.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: i dont think he should be given a penny in january, let him work on the squad he has, if he dont like it, he should resign

champions of england won with record points last season

what did they do in the off-season? they only bought EPL POTY from 2 seasons ago

however, the team that finished 2nd should continue with status quo. :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:

The Stones guy was very suspect when city paid like 50 mil for him, the difference is Guardiola develops players, look at Sterling as well, he teaches them to be comfortable on the ball, thats why they dont panic when they have the ball even in dangerous situations, putting

so City paid 50MP for players who were 'suspect on the ball'?

what happened to the players The Fraud inherited from Pellers? You know, the players that Pellers got to UCL semis....
Hint: The Fraud was getting spanked 4-0 by teams like Everton in his 1st season.

Then he spent...and spent big.
Let's be honest, a lot of those players were geriatrics. Most coaches would want to replace them.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Coach wrote:What happened to Fred?
Mourinho.