MONACO 0 : 4 PSG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
MONACO 0 : 4 PSG

Post by Senator WIRES »

:cry: Can Thierry Henry survive this onslaught? He should have stayed with SKY TV to continue getting the free 5 million GBP :lol:
Anyway , Patrick Viera is doing well with NICE.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MONACO 0 : 4 PSG

Post by anikulapo »

Senator WIRES wrote::cry: Can Thierry Henry survive this onslaught? He should have stayed with SKY TV to continue getting the free 5 million GBP :lol:

Thierry be careful what you wish for. Ask Neville about the safety of the studio over the sidelines :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Senator WIRES wrote::cry: Can Thierry Henry survive this onslaught? He should have stayed with SKY TV to continue getting the free 5 million GBP :lol:
Vieira did it that right way. He worked with youth and then moved up, gaining much needed experience and fine tuning his skills. Henry wanted to big job from the start, he started believing the hype of being this footballing brain because he was one of the better pundits on English television. I feel for the guy, if he doesn't turn things around soon his managerial career will be over before it even begins.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Vieira did it that right way. He worked with youth and then moved up, gaining much needed experience and fine tuning his skills. Henry wanted to big job from the start, he started believing the hype of being this footballing brain because he was one of the better pundits on English television. I feel for the guy, if he doesn't turn things around soon his managerial career will be over before it even begins.
it takes more than smarts and football knowledge to be coach
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

amafolas wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
it takes more than smarts and football knowledge to be coach
Actually most of the best coaches that we former players were average players. Off the top of my head only Zidane, Cruyff and the Kaiser were successful coaches that were great players. The reasoning is that most great players relied on their physical/technical abilities and instinct, while most average players relied on their mental/tactical knowledge which thus makes them become better coaches. The rule doesn't necessarily apply in the other direction though, meaning not all average players make great coaches.

I think Piff has a point about Henry jumping the gun. Also I think the turnover in Monaco was a bit too much. He needs to be able to sign his own players and given time to shape them however in order to do the he at least needs to be able to steady the ship and manage some decent results with this team or else he won't get the chance to build his own. The losing isn't even the main issue but the the loses are just catastrophic.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Henry should have taken over at Arsenal.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Seeing and discussing how a game should be played is way way different from making players carry it out. That is where respect comes to those whose job it is to make players execute the tactics. Anyone can talk good tactics but until you have been privileged to put it into action, you are not better than the worst coach out there.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Guys come on easy on Henry, he is using the young players, the results will come.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
But PV4 did have a tough start including a 4-0 pasting at home against Dijon. PV4 also had the benefit of a preseason. Something TH14 didn't have.

And he was hired to coach a reeling team...

BTW, what culpability does the Football Director have in the sudden demise of Monaco after coming 2nd last year?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

What the hell is happening? Have you watched what Henry is doing? He's benched or sent to reserves most of Monaco's best players and is playing 17 and 18 years old against PSG or in the Champions League...

He benched Glik for 17 year old Mukinayi or is playing a 18 year old Moussa Sylla as a forward, who has yet to score. Players like Gabriel, Lopes, Ahoulou, Adama Traore, N'doram, Jovetic aren't even making the bench.

Forget tactics - on a personnel level this is terrible.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:Henry should have taken over at Arsenal.
I am so upset that they didnt hire him. A whole legend ..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

oloye wrote:Seeing and discussing how a game should be played is way way different from making players carry it out. That is where respect comes to those whose job it is to make players execute the tactics. Anyone can talk good tactics but until you have been privileged to put it into action, you are not better than the worst coach out there.
People think coaching is about x's and o's rather than managing egos
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

amafolas wrote:
oloye wrote:Seeing and discussing how a game should be played is way way different from making players carry it out. That is where respect comes to those whose job it is to make players execute the tactics. Anyone can talk good tactics but until you have been privileged to put it into action, you are not better than the worst coach out there.
People think coaching is about x's and o's rather than managing egos
Very on point.

Your back room staff and the folks who design game day tactics are not nearly as important as the manager who can manage the egos and bring out optimum performance from the players.

But folks like Txj et al believes that tactics is the be all and end all in football or for that matter team sports.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

:thumbs: :thumbs: You know what's up.

I think he should too. He would have catapulted them above Man C in no time.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Thierry Henry came for the long term, he is not a firefighter': Monaco owners back under-fire boss despite winless start to life in charge
Monaco's owners have provided their support to under-fire boss Thiery Henry
The club's former striker is winless in six games since taking charge this season
But vice president Vadim Vasilyev insisted Henry is at the club for 'the long term

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/artic ... harge.html
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

PSG is flying over Ligue 1. It's true that 0-4 is pretty heavy but Monaco can't compete with PSG. PSG in Europe tho, small team big time.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

joplass wrote:PSG is flying over Ligue 1. It's true that 0-4 is pretty heavy but Monaco can't compete with PSG. PSG in Europe tho, small team big time.
PSG showing muscle with small teams in ligue 1 and might be heading to Europa if Liverpool beat them in two weeks time
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Cristao II wrote:
I am so upset that they didnt hire him. A whole legend ..
Thunder scatter una yansh dia :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!