Man united fans, who will you start on saturday?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Man united fans, who will you start on saturday?

Post by marko »

Considering what we have at our disposal now, what team will you consider our best team to play cardiff?

Should we give martial back the numer 9 spot? what is our best midfield pairing? what should be our best formation, should we look into youth and put the likes of matic / felliani on the bench? are there others in the squad capable of stepping up? Gomez? we definitely need a fresh start, Should Pogba be moved more upfront and giving a free role to move the ball quicker, what about rashford? what is his best position? some say he can play number 10

what about Lingard? seems like a squad player to me, no disrespect, what about Mata? right now our defence is a huge concern but i think confidence is extremely low

so please lets see your preferred starting 11 and the formation :thumbs:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man united fans, who will you start on saturday?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

On Saturday you will START LOSING again. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:On Saturday you will START LOSING again. :laugh:
I dont mind! if we play attacking football, i will be happy losing!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

marko wrote:
I think they should go for a Spanish coach that knows how to play attractive football . A unai Emery type signing would be great.
OCCUPY NFF!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
marko wrote:
I think they should go for a Spanish coach that knows how to play attractive football . A unai Emery type signing would be great.
even IBB will do for now, watching the atrocious football for the last 18 months! oh my days! let the players be free to express themselves, positive days ahead

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote:Considering what we have at our disposal now, what team will you consider our best team to play cardiff?

Should we give martial back the numer 9 spot? what is our best midfield pairing? what should be our best formation, should we look into youth and put the likes of matic / felliani on the bench? are there others in the squad capable of stepping up? Gomez? we definitely need a fresh start, Should Pogba be moved more upfront and giving a free role to move the ball quicker, what about rashford? what is his best position? some say he can play number 10

what about Lingard? seems like a squad player to me, no disrespect, what about Mata? right now our defence is a huge concern but i think confidence is extremely low

should we all open threads of all CE EPL fans saturday matchups? There is a united season thread, use it
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
marko wrote:Considering what we have at our disposal now, what team will you consider our best team to play cardiff?

should we all open threads of all CE EPL fans saturday matchups? There is a united season thread, use it
fair point, excuse my bad, today feels like christmas for me!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: what about Lingard? seems like a squad player to me, no disrespect, what about Mata? right now our defence is a huge concern but i think confidence is extremely low

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doom & Gloom Crew - Oct 2018: do not buy any more players, we have a good squad

Dec 2018:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I'm not a ManU fan but, I'm curious....

Which players are fit to play?

I think ManU should focus on the big picture and then decide which players get to play.

Focus on the FA cup and CL or Europa leagues.
So, rest some players, especially older players against the likes of Cardiff and Huddersfield (risky) but play a strong squad in the FA Cup and UEFA games.

I would still play the best defenders most of the time, just so that they can develop telepathic understanding. Maybe keep Matic in there too, depending on his health.

The same goes for a couple of MFs and obviously Lukaku, Lingard, Rashford, and Martial. Lukaku needs to get his confidence back while the other 3 are young enough to play a lot of games and bounce back quickly.

Mourinho changed his players so often that the team doesn't have chemistry as evidenced by the wayward/blind passes, especially from the back.

Just my two kobo, with a caveat, I have not been following ManU (for obvious reasons :) ) or a lot of EPL games this season as other leagues have had good games.
Last edited by Kabalega on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I will certainly give some defenders a good run now that the toxic one is out of the picture, maybe that guy on loan from Aston Villa should be brought back

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:I will certainly give some defenders a good run now that the toxic one is out of the picture, maybe that guy on loan from Aston Villa should be brought back

he has a name, that guy at Villa. Thought you are all-knowing about our youth

who are the defenders that need a good run? Go on, name the ones that Jose froze out

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:I will certainly give some defenders a good run now that the toxic one is out of the picture, maybe that guy on loan from Aston Villa should be brought back

who are the defenders that need a good run? Go on, name the ones that Jose froze out
damn, you all over the place!! take a chill pill, your messiah has gone! since yesterday your copy and paste twitter has dried up by almost 90%, please dont dissapoint us, get back on the internet and look for some juicy Mourinho stories to support why he should not have been sacked :agree:

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Dam it looks like some manu fan wil be happy if their team open nyash again just to say i told you so.God let them drop more points amd ginish behind beloved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:Dam it looks like some manu fan wil be happy if their team open nyash again just to say i told you so.God let them drop more points amd ginish behind beloved
They are not real fans, we call them fair weather fans, any real fan of football that have been watching united for the past 1 year will be disgusted with the sort of football we have witnessed!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Depends how many defenders can pop their hip joints and limbs back into place and manage a run out. Assuming the injury situation does not change between now and then:

De Gea
Tony V-Bailly-Jones-Shaw
Pogba-Herrera-Fred
Lingard-Rashford-Martial

Subs: Romero, Darmian, Lindelof, Matic, Pereira, Lukaku, Mata

Gosh - that bench is bobbins. The only saving grace is that the opponents (Cardiff) are perhaps the most pacifist opponents that an interim manager could hope to face in his first game.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

damn, you all over the place!! take a chill pill, your messiah has gone! since yesterday your copy and paste twitter has dried up by almost 90%, please dont dissapoint us, get back on the internet and look for some juicy Mourinho stories to support why he should not have been sacked :agree:
I am just asking the Doom & Gloom Crew (aka mr marko) a simple question

Who are these youth payers that solksjaer should play?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I like the sound of this line up as seen in goal.com, I prefer option 2 putting Pogba in the hole to open up defences and provide assists

https://www.goal.com/en/news/pogba-in-f ... rf8781uu0t

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I don't care who starts, just don't play cowardly football. Go out there, manager and players, and justify your huge paycheck.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:I don't care who starts, just don't play cowardly football. Go out there, manager and players, and justify your huge paycheck.
exactly! they have to prove to the world that Mourinho was not right to be too defensive! especially Pogba, i will like to see him step up his game

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:I don't care who starts, just don't play cowardly football. Go out there, manager and players, and justify your huge paycheck.
exactly! they have to prove to the world that Mourinho was not right to be too defensive! especially Pogba, i will like to see him step up his game
:lol: :lol: :lol:

see the pressure that fans are already putting on OGS....and Pogba

If Pogba flops, una go crucify am...hypocrites!!!

Just allow OGS a few games to find his ideal team and we move on.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Hypocrites?? What you on about??

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Hypocrites?? What you on about??
Pogba this...pogba that...he should step up...WC winner...no more toxic Jose...Pogba should do this

leave.him.alone

hypocrites

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Hypocrites?? What you on about??
Pogba this...pogba that...he should step up...WC winner...no more toxic Jose...Pogba should do this

leave.him.alone

hypocrites
Pogba gets all the headlines as he is the main star in the team, most expensive player, so yes its right that steps from now on, we dont have toxic mourinho in the dug out anymore

Marko