Ademola and Sheyi Ojo will soon join the SE family

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Ademola and Sheyi Ojo will soon join the SE family

Post by Tobi17 »

I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstance, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed or given opportunity to talents like Uzoho, Aina, Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru, Osimhen and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, Kalu and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team in the AFCON, and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ademola and Sheyi Ojo will soon join the SE family

Post by fabio »

Tobi17 wrote:I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstances, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed talents like Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.
Rohr has not unearthed any talents, please. When Rohr gets his backside to Nigeria and watch the Nigerian league, i will take him seriously.

We had the youngest team in the last W/C, right?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstances, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed talents like Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.
Rohr has not unearthed any talents, please. When Rohr gets his backside to Nigeria and watch the Nigerian league, i will take him seriously.

My guy, mentione 3 JUST 3 players in the Nigerian league right now that are good enough to make the bench of the SE team... I'm all for the promotion of our local league, but let's leave sentiments aside and be honest here. Are we talking about a league that has not produced any decent player of note, or the one where all the supposedly decent players are running away from to sign contracts in places like Qatar and Indonesia?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:

You are on a mission to rubbish both Pinnick and Rohr.
You can disagree with the colour of their hair or their size of shoes or whatever you don't like about them, but acknowledge where they have done well.
The only thing you ever say about them is negative.
Surely a balance should allow you comment on both the good and the bad.

Meanwhile, I have responded to your 'Amokachi/Westerhoff' question, and its not looking good. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstance, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed or given opportunity to talents like Uzoho, Aina, Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, Kalu and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team in the AFCON, and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.
Nice one Tobi17. :thumb:
I really hope we can unearth a few more top central defenders though.

Its increasingly obvious that the benchmark for the SE midfield/striker departments is getting higher and higher. But I still think our defense could do with a few more really top performers to push up the bar.
I'm grateful for Balogun and Omeruo and hope they continue to improve but what would I give for a great central defender or two!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstance, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed or given opportunity to talents like Uzoho, Aina, Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, Kalu and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team in the AFCON, and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.

Its increasingly obvious that the benchmark for the SE midfield/striker departments is getting higher and higher. But I still think our defense could do with a few more really top performers to push up the bar.
I'm grateful for Balogun and Omeruo and hope they continue to improve but what would I give for a great central defender or two!

Akpoguma in due course...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:

True.
I've just found this, but I'm sure its an old story for CE.

[/video]
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That is what continuity and stability in the hands of a man with plans brings to the table.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I just realized Samuel Chukwueze has a very decent club and individual achievement so far on his stat, and has a club value that will definitely have the likes of Athletico Madrid salivating at the prospects of signing him next season. I was on the Villarreal football fan forum and the way they rate the kid, you will think he's the second coming of Messi. And to think that he's only 19... I haven't been so hopeful about the future of Nigerian football in a long time.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Yeah Akpoguma will definitely be a good addition, but he needs to make up his mind on time.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:

If Akpoguma joins the team, we should be fine. Just remembered we have Semi Ajayi as well who can play the CD role as well.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
That is what continuity and stability in the hands of a man with plans brings to the table.
Unfortunately Nigerians don’t like continuity, stability and peace. Naija society prefers drama, gragra and fire brigade approach towards the pursuit of regression in life. So enjoy it while it lasts!
Last edited by green4life on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Any news on Rohr scouting HBs?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

fabio wrote:Any news on Rohr scouting HBs?
Are the HS currently playing and even if they are playing tell us who has impressed lately to deserve a call up-
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

walesvilla wrote:
Are the HS currently playing and even if they are playing tell us who has impressed lately to deserve a call up-
I am not paid to scout! Rohr is paid to scout for talents, not just those abroad.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

fabio wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
I am not paid to scout! Rohr is paid to scout for talents, not just those abroad.
are those suggesting FS options paid?? and those that suggested J.Lokosa and lately Afelokhai be called up paid- bottom line is any talent will get included - i do not support just adding any tom d#$% and harry to National team just because its HB. fans can recommend to Rohr and media - Rohr or Rep can then take time out to watch b4 invite. We all saw CHAN and low intelligence level with decision making and general Football IQ
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

walesvilla wrote:are those suggesting FS options paid?? and those that suggested J.Lokosa and lately Afelokhai be called up paid- bottom line is any talent will get included - i do not support just adding any tom d#$% and harry to National team just because its HB. fans can recommend to Rohr and media - Rohr or Rep can then take time out to watch b4 invite. We all saw CHAN and low intelligence level with decision making and general Football IQ
No one is saying that any Tom, duck and harry should be invited.

It rather seems that when it comes to FB whether it is Div2 or Div3 (they are not referred to as Tom, duck and harry), however HB players are. Just saying that Rohr should scout the Nigerian league. He is only the country 1 week before SE match and jets off after each match.

Westerhor and Keshi watched the leagues and 'found' players.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstance, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed or given opportunity to talents like Uzoho, Aina, Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru, Osimhen and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, Kalu and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team in the AFCON, and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.
... we, the "youngest team" again? When will such change?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote:

... that's what I thought
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:

You are on a mission to rubbish both Pinnick and Rohr.
You can disagree with the colour of their hair or their size of shoes or whatever you don't like about them, but acknowledge where they have done well.
The only thing you ever say about them is negative.
Surely a balance should allow you comment on both the good and the bad.

Meanwhile, I have responded to your 'Amokachi/Westerhoff' question, and its not looking good. :taunt:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hmm, na wa-oo! Chief Damunk, make you no let "Oga Fabio" see dis tin wey you write-o, hmm!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

fabio wrote:

Is the league really that good?????? Please name 3 players apart from Goalies that can replace anymore from our 23 men roster.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

If Akpoguma joins the team, we should be fine. Just remembered we have Semi Ajayi as well who can play the CD role as well.
Any news on Felix Uduokhai?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstance, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed or given opportunity to talents like Uzoho, Aina, Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru, Osimhen and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, Kalu and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team in the AFCON, and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.
dude get a hold of yourself..geeze not this crap again
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved