Ademola and Sheyi Ojo will soon join the SE family

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Ademola and Sheyi Ojo will soon join the SE family

Post by Tobi17 »

wale1974 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstance, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed or given opportunity to talents like Uzoho, Aina, Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, Kalu and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team in the AFCON, and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.
Nice one Tobi17. :thumb:
I really hope we can unearth a few more top central defenders though.

Its increasingly obvious that the benchmark for the SE midfield/striker departments is getting higher and higher. But I still think our defense could do with a few more really top performers to push up the bar.
I'm grateful for Balogun and Omeruo and hope they continue to improve but what would I give for a great central defender or two!
If Akpoguma joins the team, we should be fine. Just remembered we have Semi Ajayi as well who can play the CD role as well.
Any news on Felix Uduokhai?
I go ask Pato but I suspect that bobo no wan play for us.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstance, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed or given opportunity to talents like Uzoho, Aina, Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, Kalu and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team in the AFCON, and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.
Nice one Tobi17. :thumb:
I really hope we can unearth a few more top central defenders though.

Its increasingly obvious that the benchmark for the SE midfield/striker departments is getting higher and higher. But I still think our defense could do with a few more really top performers to push up the bar.
I'm grateful for Balogun and Omeruo and hope they continue to improve but what would I give for a great central defender or two!

Akpoguma in due course...
True.
I've just found this, but I'm sure its an old story for CE.

[/video]
after listening to him , i understand where he is coming from, he was to make the right choice.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Odas wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hmm, na wa-oo! Chief Damunk, make you no let "Oga Fabio" see dis tin wey you write-o, hmm!
High Chief Odas... Chief Damunk took his time to write it.. So I am taking my time to compose a reply.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote:
Odas wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hmm, na wa-oo! Chief Damunk, make you no let "Oga Fabio" see dis tin wey you write-o, hmm!
High Chief Odas... Chief Damunk took his time to write it.. So I am taking my time to compose a reply.
I see! Oga Fabio, from the content of your response here, it seems Chief Damunk is in trouble.
Well, na him sabi! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

fabio wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
fabio wrote:Any news on Rohr scouting HBs?
Are the HS currently playing and even if they are playing tell us who has impressed lately to deserve a call up-
I am not paid to scout! Rohr is paid to scout for talents, not just those abroad.
Paid to scout not paid to perform miracles.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theYemster wrote:
fabio wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Are the HS currently playing and even if they are playing tell us who has impressed lately to deserve a call up-
I am not paid to scout! Rohr is paid to scout for talents, not just those abroad.
:lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
fabio wrote:
I see! Oga Fabio, from the content of your response here, it seems Chief Damunk is in trouble.
Well, na him sabi! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Odas, you sef dey look for trouble. :rotf:
Anyway, its all good.

I think we all agree that local talent should feature in the national team, but like I have been saying, the local league is not up to standard and is not optimizing the talent potential inside. It is not Rohr's job to produce talent but to scout it and invite to the SE. But if the talent is severely limited by foreign scouts depleting the league of its best, PLUS stealing our upcoming youth talents, what is there to scout?
Weytin go remain?

You cant draw blood from a stone.
Rohr recently said there was nothing to scout in the Aiteo Cup Final last week.
He can't perform miracles with little or no talent.

Keshi and co invited local talent but they were all flashes in the pan.
Mba - where he dey today?
Oboabona - where him dey
Oshaniwa - where is he?
Egwueke - where him sef dey?
They've all disappeared without a trace.

True talent doesn't fade so fast. That's why one has to keep an open mind about these FB Nigerians. They are not aliens. Even our local youth talent are not necessarily excelling. See Iheanacho. See the Nwakali brothers. See Yahaya. See Chidera. I no see dem. Even Osimhen is only just beginning to show his skills.

Meanwhile, it is those youths that were not really the superstars of the youth teams - Ndidi, Success, Chukwueze that seem to be excelling.
So there are no guarantees, no almighty formula and we can't be limiting our chances of striking gold by being sentimental and trying to force local players on the national team when there are better players based abroad. Sentiment has no part in all of this.

THE ONLY SENTIMENT SHOULD BE THAT WE NEED TO IMPROVE LOCAL THE LEAGUE!!!!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:I just realized Samuel Chukwueze has a very decent club and individual achievement so far on his stat, and has a club value that will definitely have the likes of Athletico Madrid salivating at the prospects of signing him next season. I was on the Villarreal football fan forum and the way they rate the kid, you will think he's the second coming of Messi. And to think that he's only 19... I haven't been so hopeful about the future of Nigerian football in a long time.

Kai the Worldcup came one year too early did it not ?

Imagine if it were this summer, we would have the following additions to the mix

Henry Onyekuru
Samuel Chukwueze
Isaac Success
Samuel Kalu
Jamilu Collins
Sami Ajayi
Ola Aina
Victor Oshimen

We would have a much improved Iwobi

possibly

Noah Bazee, Seyi Ojo, Ademola Lookman

One thing I am noticing is that we now have a glutony of wingers and wide players. We have never had such a selection of quality wide players.

I am a little dissapointed that we do not have as many options in midfield. Rohr really should have taken this window opportunity to look at some new up and comming midfielders. He has thought outside of the box in calling up the likes of Jamilu Collins and even Sami Ajayi, I wish he would have done the same for midfielders in some more obscure leagues.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:Keshi and co invited local talent but they were all flashes in the pan.
Oboabona - where him dey
Oshaniwa - where is he?
I don't know where they are today. However, have a little respect for those who won the Nations Cup. It's not asking too much.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

theYemster wrote:
fabio wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Who asked him to perform miracles?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

We should watch out for Kingsley Michael, a midfielder with Serie B Perugia on loan from Bologna.
He's tearing the league apart and should be back with his parent team, Bologna, next season.
Also there's Igbekeme from Real Zaragoza, he's receiving rave reviews from the Spanish press.
I am happy
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

@Dammy. What about Chima Okoroji? He just broke into the first Team at Freiburg. Nice left back
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

As you rightly stated, James Igbekeme is another kid that's hit the radar.
AM/false striker in the mold of Antoine Grismann or Alain Giresse. Left footed player.
Dammy wrote:We should watch out for Kingsley Michael, a midfielder with Serie B Perugia on loan from Bologna.
He's tearing the league apart and should be back with his parent team, Bologna, next season.
Also there's Igbekeme from Real Zaragoza, he's receiving rave reviews from the Spanish press.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fledy wrote:@Dammy. What about Chima Okoroji? He just broke into the first Team at Freiburg. Nice left back
:thumb: more left footed full backs are definitely needed!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Keshi and co invited local talent but they were all flashes in the pan.
Oboabona - where him dey
Oshaniwa - where is he?
I don't know where they are today. However, have a little respect for those who won the Nations Cup. It's not asking too much.
One reason for the 4 listed above is I cannot defend the ages they claim to be. Or no documented age follow up.

Unlike the team Rohr is putting together even if there is age doubt they are track-able from youth tournaments
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

fabio wrote:
walesvilla wrote:are those suggesting FS options paid?? and those that suggested J.Lokosa and lately Afelokhai be called up paid- bottom line is any talent will get included - i do not support just adding any tom d#$% and harry to National team just because its HB. fans can recommend to Rohr and media - Rohr or Rep can then take time out to watch b4 invite. We all saw CHAN and low intelligence level with decision making and general Football IQ
No one is saying that any Tom, duck and harry should be invited.

It rather seems that when it comes to FB whether it is Div2 or Div3 (they are not referred to as Tom, duck and harry), however HB players are. Just saying that Rohr should scout the Nigerian league. He is only the country 1 week before SE match and jets off after each match.

Westerhor and Keshi watched the leagues and 'found' players.

Different eras, circumstances and scenarios bro
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Keshi and cl and was let l deao invited local talent but they were all flashes in the pan.
Oboabona - where him dey
Oshaniwa - where is he?
Fabio, that's not the point.
You are setting up a strawman
Check the records, they don't lie. I was one of the loudest promoters of Egwueke and Oshaniwa. I really believed Egwueke in particular was the real deal and so when it became obvious he had his limitations it was a hard pill to swallow.
So my post has nothing to do with disrespecting those winners of AFCON.

You are the person that seems to be having problems coming to terms with the fact that our local league stars are severely limited - for whatever reason. Take your pick. Blame Pinnick. Blame Rohr. Blame Buhari sef...it doesn't change that fact.

We are not going to be playing Uganda and Libya and Sth Africa on the world stage. We need to match the very best. So this your local league sentiment - patriotic as it appears to be - will not carry us very far.
You of all people sef.
Abi nor be you dey expect us to be lashing Argentina and Croatia and England as a matter of course?
With which players?
Mountain of Fire Ministries FC? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Even fabio himself is FE (foreign based). Abeg :tic: :sneaky:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

2 bench warmers :lol: :lol: :lol: lookman and ojo :roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Lookman is a good player and will be a solid addition to the SE. He's looked very lively every time I've seen him come off the bench for Everton. I'm surprised he isn't already starting for Everton. As for Ojo, I reserve judgement till I see him play. It doesn't hurt to have more options though.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

For the avoidance of any doubt...
I am all for granting opportunities to all eligible Nigerians, but!
Oboabona - where him dey
Oshaniwa - where is he?
Where's Lukman Haruna sef? Where's Rabiu Ibrahim? Nosa Igiegbor? Obiorah Nwankwo? Where's Simy Nwankwo of yesterday's WC sef? We could go on with this childish charade, but what has any of it to do with being home-based or foreign-based?
Damunk wrote:True talent doesn't fade so fast. That's why one has to keep an open mind about these FB Nigerians. They are not aliens. Even our local youth talent are not necessarily excelling. See Iheanacho. See the Nwakali brothers. See Yahaya. See Chidera. I no see dem. Even Osimhen is only just beginning to show his skills.
But you managed to see Francis Uzoho? Wilfred Ndidi? Isaac Success? Samuel Chukwueze?
Dude quit cherry-picking in a desperate bid to support an argument based on partisan sophistry. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fabio wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I was chatting with Patrick and he told me with every certainty that barring any delayed circumstances, we should have Ademola lookman and Seyi Ojo in the SE camp by December. Apparently the NFF are currently working on their nationality switch process. Rohr was of course very instrumental to the whole thing...i might not be a huge fan of Rohr or his coaching tactics, but one thing I have to give him credit for which Patrick agreed with me about, is how he has completely rebuilt the SE into a core of young and hot talents. At least the legacy he will leave behind whenever his contract runs out will speak highly of him. He has unearthed talents like Ebuehi, Sarenren Bazee(watched the kid in action yesterday and certainly saw why Rohr was determined to cap him) , given Onyekuru and Success a chance, Jamiu Collins a hitherto unknown player in Germany 2 div is now on the radar of the likes of Dortmund, Stuttgart, and Valencia. Then the likes of Villarreal kid prodigy Chukwueze, Ademola, Seyi, and of course Ekong all young and playing at the highest level of football. When last did we have a team this promising!?? By 2019, Nigeria will have the youngest team and will definitely be a world cup team to be taken very seriously in Qatar.
Rohr has not unearthed any talents, please. When Rohr gets his backside to Nigeria and watch the Nigerian league, i will take him seriously.

We had the youngest team in the last W/C, right?
Is it not the job of youth national team coaches to unearth players as the full national team can only use the best players available that have proven their ability at a respectable level?
I'm not expecting Rohr to start fielding players from the Nigerian Premier league when they can play in the CHAN,Wafu and U23 etc,Nigerians themselves are crying for Qpr players to be capped over youngsters that play in Nigeria so Rohr doesn't need to start capping players to prove a point!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:Meanwhile, it is those youths that were not really the superstars of the youth teams - Ndidi, Success, Chukwueze that seem to be excelling.
Ndidi was the SKIPPER of the team before being disqualified by MRI on the eve of the Africa U17...
Meanwhile, Success LED the Africa U17 goalscorers chart, after LEADING the Eaglets in the qualifiers...
While Chukwueze won the Bronze Boot at the World U17 and was among the BEST Eaglets performers.

It is patently misguided to equate or to otherwise seek to conflate the quality of individual players with the overall 'strength' of any league (whether real or perceived - because the NPFL is distinctly different from the leagues in countries where virtually all home-based talent is concentrated in 1 or 2 clubs, and which do not lose the best players midway into CAF campaigns to Europe or recurring trials abroad). For goodness sakes, neither the Saudi, Chinese, Cypriot leagues nor the Croatian second division, each of which have seen players called up for the SE under Rohr, are exactly "strong" leagues.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL