AHEAD SOUTH AFRICA: SUPER EAGLES CAMP NEWS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: AHEAD SOUTH AFRICA: SUPER EAGLES CAMP NEWS

Post by ohenhen1 »

The best player must play.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

ohenhen1 wrote:The best player must play.
Best according to who and what? Attached clubs, skills displayed in trainings, sentiment, Rohr or internet certified coaches?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:They can't pay 30K minimum wage. But a Governor can offer $25 K per goal to the SE.
Let’s imagine for a moment that the SuperEagles go hog wild and score 10 goals. That adds up to $250,000.

In 2015, the Delta State government has a workforce of approximately 60,000. That figure is probably slightly higher in 2018 but let’s stick with the 2015 number, for argument’s sake. With a minimum wage of 30,000N, the state government’s minimum monthly salary expenditure would stand at $5,000,000.

Let’s not compare apples to oranges :!:

Cheers.
The problem is not the apple and oranges.. It is the simplistic analysis done to make the gesture look inconsequential. The problem here is the mindset behind the gesture... The mindset that says you can simply dip your hands into state coffers. You will be amazed how much is wasted by the time it is all summed up. There is a reason states are struggling to pay salaries... This is one of the reasons. These things when not checked, they add up.

Thanks for pointing this out. I love the SE but this is not right. It is a part of the whole showmanship and hero worship attitude many of our people hold dear. While $25K does not solve the budgetary challenges, curtailing the frivolous unaccountable spends including this one likely will
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ekorian wrote:
Best according to who and what? Attached clubs, skills displayed in trainings, sentiment, Rohr or internet certified coaches?
Best according to performance. That is the only criterion.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Y'all should see the free jeeps and delegation to Dubai that Godswill Akpabio sent for Tuface's wedding. Davido even made a hit song about wasting the money the governor dashed him in a club. When questioned, Akpabio says "is it this small money you are complaining about?" I think people in 9ja are generally starting to awaken to these kain nonsense.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

kawawa wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:They can't pay 30K minimum wage. But a Governor can offer $25 K per goal to the SE.
Let’s imagine for a moment that the SuperEagles go hog wild and score 10 goals. That adds up to $250,000.

In 2015, the Delta State government has a workforce of approximately 60,000. That figure is probably slightly higher in 2018 but let’s stick with the 2015 number, for argument’s sake. With a minimum wage of 30,000N, the state government’s minimum monthly salary expenditure would stand at $5,000,000.

Let’s not compare apples to oranges :!:

Cheers.
The problem is not the apple and oranges.. It is the simplistic analysis done to make the gesture look inconsequential. The problem here is the mindset behind the gesture... The mindset that says you can simply dip your hands into state coffers. You will be amazed how much is wasted by the time it is all summed up. There is a reason states are struggling to pay salaries... This is one of the reasons. These things when not checked, they add up.

Thanks for pointing this out. I love the SE but this is not right. It is a part of the whole showmanship and hero worship attitude many of our people hold dear. While $25K does not solve the budgetary challenges, curtailing the frivolous unaccountable spends including this one likely will
Stop trying to sound clever. Will the fact that the NFF spends millions of dollars yearly on foreign coaches when local personel don’t even get paid their paltry stipends adversely affect the budgetary situation? You Pinnick and Rohr supporters ought to refrain from making these condescending and self-serving statements :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The Eagles have landed....
...and the South Africans dey shake like Ipi Tombi waist :P
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Obong wrote:
Odas wrote:
BigMuze wrote:Bro as much as we love football, common sense should still prevail. All these unnecessary promises of of gifts need to stop. At whose expense is the $25k per goal, is it the governors own purse? What is the plan for recouping the cash? Is it not enough they have bankrolled and hosted SE and the upcoming friendly? Abeg these ppl should grow up jor
Thank you - Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Odas, BigMuze et al,

The source of the funds is the almighty Security Fund or Security Vote. It is a non-budgetary allocation to the office of the Governor, President and Vice- President. It is reportedly 10% of the monthly allocation to the state and there is no reporting or oversight by the State House of Assembly. It is simply a do-as-you-wish sum of money to the Governor. Akwa Ibom receives the highest allocation and average about N28 Billion naira monthly(in months the oil prices rise, it could go up to N40 Billion!). Delta State is not far from that amount, so Okowa gets about N2 Billion monthly. The Governors of the other oil producing states are the envy of their counterparts which is why you see the deference within the party for the Governors of Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and even Cross River and Ondo. Thus, the Governors of those states tend to do a little more donating and sponsoring. See why Super Eagles matches have been at Uyo, Port Harcourt and Asaba? It stands to reason that they can also put up good stadia.
Yeah! I have heard of such before and I thought it wasn't true. This explains why the governors and some other people are living lavishing lives. Imagine people spending; at least, N20 billion every month on themselves, their friends and et al. Like someone already said, I think I got into the wrong profession instead of politics. Well, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:The Eagles have landed....
dumunk, what are we supposed to watch here? :roll: how the heck is this camp news? you posted a video of a plane exit in progress ?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Best according to performance. That is the only criterion.
Performance where and when. During the 3 days training or clubs performance that might a different formation than Rohr's?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
dumunk, what are we supposed to watch here? :roll: how the heck is this camp news? you posted a video of a plane exit in progress ?
1. The plane landed safely
2. The plane landed at the correct airport
3. It was the Sper Eagles on board
4. None of the players missed the plane - dem complete.
5. Nobody tripped down the steps and broke a leg
6. There were vehicles awaiting their arrival so no trekking to the hotel

That's six news items I have given you, all of them more useful than your daily reports on Mikel shytting in his loo, scratching his balls and running out of deodorant. :idea:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

That's six news items I have given you, all of them more useful than your daily reports on Mikel shytting in his loo, scratching his balls and running out of deodorant. :idea:
Who are the three guys (1:13" - 1:23" mark) without hand luggage? :)

Kinda odd.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theYemster wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Who are the three guys (1:13" - 1:23" mark) without hand luggage? :)

Kinda odd.
Exactly.
Another news item for Bigporkey to feed on. :D
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

This thread funny sha no be small !!.

See fight over gift or promise ( wey dem never deliver o )
See fight over who go play ( Una be Rohr ?)
See fight over video of arrival (Hmmm )
next go be fight over who no get hand luggage ..na joke i dey joke o

But seriously we take ourselves too serious and argue over nothing.. chei..

Good luck to the Super Eagles ..looking forward to a good game tomorrow , hope we get better links o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:This thread funny sha no be small !!.

Good luck to the Super Eagles ..looking forward to a good game tomorrow , hope we get better links o
It’s by product of oppressive upbringing; these are people whom were no never allowed to mince a word now basting in their new found freedom especially with the unanimity of key and screen and WiFi
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:

It’s by product of oppressive upbringing; these are people whom were no never allowed to mince a word now basting in their new found freedom especially with the unanimity of key and screen and WiFi
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Jette1, this your oyibo makes absolutely no sense. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Jette1, this your oyibo makes absolutely no sense. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I know blame it on iPhone key pad
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."