AHEAD SOUTH AFRICA: SUPER EAGLES CAMP NEWS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
AHEAD SOUTH AFRICA: SUPER EAGLES CAMP NEWS

Post by Obong »

22 players in camp in Asaba...
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: AHEAD SOUTH AFRICA: SUPER EAGLES CAMP NEWS

Post by walesvilla »

Pls what is the excuse for Kalu not in camp yet abi senior boy don begin after 3 caps
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Obong wrote:22 players in camp in Asaba...
Ah :ohmy:
So a governor can just declare state funds to the super eagles just like that :thumbs: In my next life I want to come back as a naija politician. I go chop your dollar well well :rotf: :rotf: :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Samora Machel wrote:
So a governor can just declare state funds to the super eagles just like that :thumbs: In my next life I want to come back as a naija politician. I go chop your dollar well well :rotf: :rotf: :thumbs:
That is third world country for you.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Delta State Governor promising the team a cash reward of $25k for every goal scored vs South Africa on Saturday

OK, so what if South Africa wins 5-4?
Last edited by Rawlings on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Oguleftie wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
What is 3rd world about it? There are limits to which someone can spend without 'additional' approvals. They have budgets for gifts, PR etc.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They can't pay 30K minimum wage. But a Governor can offer $25 K per goal to the SE.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:They can't pay 30K minimum wage. But a Governor can offer $25 K per goal to the SE.
so the state shouldn't have built the stadium either so they could pay workers
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Bro as much as we love football, common sense should still prevail. All these unnecessary promises of of gifts need to stop. At whose expense is the $25k per goal, is it the governors own purse? What is the plan for recouping the cash? Is it not enough they have bankrolled and hosted SE and the upcoming friendly? Abeg these ppl should grow up jor
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

BigMuze wrote:Bro as much as we love football, common sense should still prevail. All these unnecessary promises of of gifts need to stop. At whose expense is the $25k per goal, is it the governors own purse? What is the plan for recouping the cash? Is it not enough they have bankrolled and hosted SE and the upcoming friendly? Abeg these ppl should grow up jor
I agree. Very backward thinking. The players already getting match/win bonus. They're getting publicity and exposure.

It's better they use the money to put into a kind of retirement fund for ex internationals in the name of these players prosecuting this match.

In a serious country, journalists will put the gov on blast and make him answer where he's getting the funds from and why it's more important than other pressing issues within his state
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theYemster wrote:
BigMuze wrote:Bro as much as we love football, common sense should still prevail. All these unnecessary promises of of gifts need to stop. At whose expense is the $25k per goal, is it the governors own purse? What is the plan for recouping the cash? Is it not enough they have bankrolled and hosted SE and the upcoming friendly? Abeg these ppl should grow up jor
I agree. Very backward thinking. The players already getting match/win bonus. They're getting publicity and exposure.

It's better they use the money to put into a kind of retirement fund for ex internationals in the name of these players prosecuting this match.

In a serious country, journalists will put the gov on blast and make him answer where he's getting the funds from and why it's more important than other pressing issues within his state
You're inside my head!
:lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Samora Machel wrote:
I always wonder how/where the governors come about the fund they - repeatedly - spend anyhow. We know the monies are NOT theirs, but of the State. Worst still, many of these governors are still owning "salaries" to the State employees.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:Delta State Governor promising the team a cash reward of $25k for every goal scored vs South Africa on Saturday

Diplomat Rawlings; I think that is a very good question. As said, if South Africa wins - say by 5-4 goals - will the governor still pay the $25k per goal? My governor should have said or added: "If the Super eagles win." Maybe, somebody didn't complete what the governor said or there is a miscommunication somewhere
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thank you - Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wanaj0 wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
What is 3rd world about it? There are limits to which someone can spend without 'additional' approvals. They have budgets for gifts, PR etc.
...very 3rd world. Very backward, and primitive arrogance. Last month I was in town and debate was raging about minimum wage to government workers, here he want to throw out 25 grand per/goal. Good to motivate players, but not this way.
We are very backward. I shed tears listening to so called 'educated' and 'rich' bunch in Nigeria.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Odas wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Delta State Governor promising the team a cash reward of $25k for every goal scored vs South Africa on Saturday

Diplomat Rawlings; I think that is a very good question. As said, if South Africa wins - say by 5-4 goals - will the governor still pay the $25k per goal? My governor should have said or added: "If the Super eagles win." Maybe, somebody didn't complete what the governor said or there is a miscommunication somewhere
Let them come and ask now :taunt: :taunt:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

But shoukdnt the nfa be the one responsible for paying the players.

I know we are football lightweights but in zim Zifa pays the players and companies and individuals then pleadge money as bonuses. Kisrty Coventry is now the fundraiser in chief as minister of sport. Gvtnever uses oublic funds
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

jette1 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:They can't pay 30K minimum wage. But a Governor can offer $25 K per goal to the SE.
No they should hire an auditor that will go through their books. Cut wasteful spending and finds ways to raise revenue. $25 K for each goal scored is wasteful spending.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:
jette1 wrote:
No they should hire an auditor that will go through their books. Cut wasteful spending and finds ways to raise revenue. $25 K for each goal scored is wasteful spending.
Delta state people dey pray hard make Eagles no score
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

If he can just promise $25K to the players like that, only God knows how much he has promised himself and his supporting cast :idea:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oscar52 wrote:If he can just promise $25K to the players like that, only God knows how much he has promised himself and his supporting cast :idea:
:D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Odas wrote:
Thank you - Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Odas, BigMuze et al,

The source of the funds is the almighty Security Fund or Security Vote. It is a non-budgetary allocation to the office of the Governor, President and Vice- President. It is reportedly 10% of the monthly allocation to the state and there is no reporting or oversight by the State House of Assembly. It is simply a do-as-you-wish sum of money to the Governor. Akwa Ibom receives the highest allocation and average about N28 Billion naira monthly(in months the oil prices rise, it could go up to N40 Billion!). Delta State is not far from that amount, so Okowa gets about N2 Billion monthly. The Governors of the other oil producing states are the envy of their counterparts which is why you see the deference within the party for the Governors of Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and even Cross River and Ondo. Thus, the Governors of those states tend to do a little more donating and sponsoring. See why Super Eagles matches have been at Uyo, Port Harcourt and Asaba? It stands to reason that they can also put up good stadia.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Kalu don arrive ?
23 not 24 ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates