ENYEAMA IS ALL THAT AND MORE - Joe Cole

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
ENYEAMA IS ALL THAT AND MORE - Joe Cole

Post by Obong »

I endorse Joe Cole's observation :thumbs:

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/11/14/e ... na-seaman/

Former England international midfielder Joe Cole who recently announced his retirement from competitive football says former Super Eagles captain and goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama is the best shot stopper he played with during his career.

While speaking on his favorite five a-side team, Cole reckoned the former Lille shot stopper as one of the best he played with and rated his abilities more than that of former Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina and his long term teammate at Chelsea Petr Cech.

According to Cole, Enyeama’s shot stopping ability as second to none and his presence ‎can guarantee a win for any team in a five a-side contest.

” I could’ve gone with Petr Cech, David Seaman, Pepe Reina but if we’re talking five a-side, this guy ( Enyeama) is the best shot stopper. You knew if this geezer was in your team in a five a-side, you’re winning “, he said in an interview monitored by Owngoalnigeria.com.

The decision of Cole to pick Enyeama came as a surprise because he only spent a year with the Nigerian while he was on loan at Lille from Liverpool in 2011. Same season when the French side campaigned in the UEFA Champions League.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Polly
Egg
Egg
Re: ENYEAMA IS ALL THAT AND MORE - Joe Cole

Post by Polly »

Was. Not Is.

WAS. Past tense. Joe was clearly speaking in it. Let's move on, pipo!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Obong wrote:I endorse Joe Cole's observation :thumbs:

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/11/14/e ... na-seaman/

Former England international midfielder Joe Cole who recently announced his retirement from competitive football says former Super Eagles captain and goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama is the best shot stopper he played with during his career.

While speaking on his favorite five a-side team, Cole reckoned the former Lille shot stopper as one of the best he played with and rated his abilities more than that of former Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina and his long term teammate at Chelsea Petr Cech.

According to Cole, Enyeama’s shot stopping ability as second to none and his presence ‎can guarantee a win for any team in a five a-side contest.

” I could’ve gone with Petr Cech, David Seaman, Pepe Reina but if we’re talking five a-side, this guy ( Enyeama) is the best shot stopper. You knew if this geezer was in your team in a five a-side, you’re winning “, he said in an interview monitored by Owngoalnigeria.com.

The decision of Cole to pick Enyeama came as a surprise because he only spent a year with the Nigerian while he was on loan at Lille from Liverpool in 2011. Same season when the French side campaigned in the UEFA Champions League.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

So this is what VINCE is reduced to? 5-a side? :scared: :sneaky:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Senator WIRES wrote:So this is what VINCE is reduced to? 5-a side? :scared: :sneaky:
Five-a-side in the context of the frequency and intensity of shots and engagements. Cole clearly picks him ahead of the other legendary keepers because of his acknowledged shot-stopping abilities. You better recognize!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Polly wrote:Was. Not Is.

WAS. Past tense. Joe was clearly speaking in it. Let's move on, pipo!
” I could’ve gone with Petr Cech, David Seaman, Pepe Reina but if we’re talking five a-side, this guy ( Enyeama) is the best shot stopper. You knew if this geezer was in your team in a five a-side, you’re winning “, he said in an interview monitored by Owngoalnigeria.com."

Hope you're not reading it upside down. The interview clearly shows that Joe Cole used "is". Notwithstanding, Enyeama is retired from the Super Eagles and is not coming back as a player. The post was (is) just to rejig the nostalgia.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Obong wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:So this is what VINCE is reduced to? 5-a side? :scared: :sneaky:
Five-a-side in the context of the frequency and intensity of shots and engagements. Cole clearly picks him ahead of the other legendary keepers because of his acknowledged shot-stopping abilities. You better recognize!
The only thing that stopped Vince earning top money on the EPL is his height. Most clubs wanted him but considered him not tall enough for a league of crossed and long balls.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Enyeama if he was white people will be talking about him been one of the best the game have seen.
When you see Messi dancing that he is so happy Enyeama was not in SE work cup team.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

kajifu wrote:Enyeama if he was white people will be talking about him been one of the best the game have seen.
When you see Messi dancing that he is so happy Enyeama was not in SE work cup team.
Is there a video of this dancing anywhere Kaji Baba? :D

I'd like to see Messi's Shaku moves :tic: :sneaky:
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Waffiman wrote:
Obong wrote:
The only thing that stopped Vince earning top money on the EPL is his height. Most clubs wanted him but considered him not tall enough for a league of crossed and long balls.
Enyeama is taller than Barthez.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Any reference for the quotes by Cole?...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

folem wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Obong wrote:
Enyeama is taller than Barthez.
According to their respective ex-clubs listings, both goalies are 5 feet 11 inches in height.

Barthez was an exception in the EPL, not the norm. How many goalies have you seen in the EPL 6 feet and below? He was 29 years old when he joined ManU in 2000, in his prime.

Barthez, is European, with proven pedigree and a World cup winner. ManU took a chance but his time in the league was short for a goalie with his pedigree. He played for three seasons in the league. He just did not cut it in the league and was soon in his way out. In 4 seasons at ManU, he made 92 appearances. Yes, they won the league, in his time but if your club trust you, 92 league appearances in 4 seasons says they did not. In his final season, he did not play one game in the league. He was dropped completely.

You can argue, his height was not the only reason, that's correct but it played a major role. All you have to do is get on YouTube and look at the problems he had with crosses, highballs, set plays etc. A short goalie is there to be ruthlessly exploited in the EPL.

If a goalie like Barthez could not cut it, why would any club take the chance on Vince who has far less in terms on playing pedigree in top flight football?

When it comes to goalies, the EPL tend to start at 6 feet 2 with with longer than usual arms. Anything less, is a chance taken by the club's and they hardly do. There have been so few goalies less than 6.2 when you compare to the number of goalies in the league.

IMHO, I saw many tall goalies that were not as good as Vince but their height always gave them an advantage in this league. Its unfortunate because I thought Vince would have been one who could easily have been the exception.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I have read that article before. It backs up my argument. Like I pointed out, Vince is better than a lot of the taller goalies who played the EPL when he played, but he just did not get a look in cos of his height.

I like Ospina but he never going to be number one.