VAR set to be used in Premier League next season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
VAR set to be used in Premier League next season

Post by kajifu »

Video assistant referees are set to be used in the Premier League next season, after the clubs agreed in principle to the move.
The Premier League will now make a request to the International Football Association Board and Fifa to use VAR.
It has been carrying out trials, and clubs were given an update at a meeting on Thursday.
VAR was used at the World Cup in Russia this summer and is used in Italy and Germany's top divisions.
:thumbs: :thumbs: I have a mix feeling for this but it will be fair to everyone if used proper and those small clubs that get cheat all the time will have something to look out for them.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: VAR set to be used in Premier League next season

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:Video assistant referees are set to be used in the Premier League next season, after the clubs agreed in principle to the move.
The Premier League will now make a request to the International Football Association Board and Fifa to use VAR.
It has been carrying out trials, and clubs were given an update at a meeting on Thursday.
VAR was used at the World Cup in Russia this summer and is used in Italy and Germany's top divisions.
:thumbs: :thumbs: I have a mix feeling for this but it will be fair to everyone if used proper and those small clubs that get cheat all the time will have something to look out for them.
Unmix your feelings. Arsenal won't get away with dodgy pen calls and error red cards given to opposition :tic: :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:
kajifu wrote:Video assistant referees are set to be used in the Premier League next season, after the clubs agreed in principle to the move.
Unmix your feelings. Arsenal won't get away with dodgy pen calls and error red cards given to opposition :tic: :taunt:
Hopefully FA will look into this Chelsea 4one9 and send the club to championship

Chelsea: Fifa allegedly recommends Blues handed two-year transfer ban after signing of minors.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46218627
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Hopefully FA will look into this Chelsea 4one9 and send the club to championship

Chelsea: Fifa allegedly recommends Blues handed two-year transfer ban after signing of minors.

Only fans of small clubs worry about this. Man U paid AS Monaco 4m Euros for a match that didn't happen. What do you think should happen to Man U?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

About time,those fumbling idiots in black have dragged the credibility of the game down the gutter with their ineptitude. My fear is that they may transfer their idiocy over to VAR, after all we saw how they still managed to mess things up at the WC with inconsistent interpretation of what VAR presented to them. :curse:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

oloye wrote:About time,those fumbling idiots in black have dragged the credibility of the game down the gutter with their ineptitude. My fear is that they may transfer their idiocy over to VAR, after all we saw how they still managed to mess things up at the WC with inconsistent interpretation of what VAR presented to them. :curse:
Imagine Lee Mason or Mike Dean given the role of monitoring VAR :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Burnley will be delighted..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Burnley will be delighted..
Relax why are you going Kung-fu over beloved?
Let me see who will cry this weekend Chelsea vs Spurs. when bad calls are issue against Spurs.
That your crazy Belgium defender will not get away with murder again with VAR
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:About time,those fumbling idiots in black have dragged the credibility of the game down the gutter with their ineptitude. My fear is that they may transfer their idiocy over to VAR, after all we saw how they still managed to mess things up at the WC with inconsistent interpretation of what VAR presented to them. :curse:
Mike dean in charge of monitoring VAR in a big game :boo: :boo: he will interpret it his way.
This VAR favor big teams a lot,Argentina get away with one against Nigeria,ref review a clear PK then refused to give it.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

kajifu wrote:
Mike dean in charge of monitoring VAR in a big game :boo: :boo: he will interpret it his way.
This VAR favor big teams a lot,Argentina get away with one against Nigeria,ref review a clear PK then refused to give it.
because we have a dumb arssse coach who doesnt protest calls and our players should have surround the ref like the north africans did

when is NFF introducing VAR
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

bk-one wrote:
Imagine Lee Mason or Mike Dean given the role of monitoring VAR :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ol'boy I beg no kill me with laughter... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Robbynice wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Mike Dean epitomizes three attributes which when combined are a perfect recipe for disaster.....borderline narcissism, incompetence and stubbornness. I wont be surprised to find Mike Dean dismissing and switching off VAR :lol: :lol: :lol: because its wrong and flawed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: and only his decisions are unquestionable.

I remember one game between Arsenal and Everton where Lee Mason was so bad, at one point Robin Van Persie had to ask him if his vision is okay. After watching the games he is officiated, I think he is either blind or bent. In any other other field, that guy would have dismissed long time ago.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

bk-one wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Mike Dean epitomizes three attributes which when combined are a perfect recipe for disaster.....borderline narcissism, incompetence and stubbornness. I wont be surprised to find Mike Dean dismissing and switching off VAR :lol: :lol: :lol: because its wrong and flawed :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: and only his decisions are unquestionable.

I remember one game between Arsenal and Everton where Lee Mason was so bad, at one point Robin Van Persie had to ask him if his vision is okay. After watching the games he is officiated, I think he is either blind or bent. In any other other field, that guy would have dismissed long time ago.
I cant wait till y'all actually ref a real game.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
bk-one wrote:

That is not the point bro, the issue here is that some of these folks take buffoonery to an insane level. Anyone can make a mistake, all mortals do. But some of these muppets do so with such ease and consistency , the arrogance that trails it leaves one dumbfounded. Look at the case of that clown who issued red card to the wrong player, everyone told him he was wrong, yet he stuck to his guns, that is outright buffoonery there. What stops him from walking down to his assistants to confirm? They are there to help him no? It is the sheer arrogance in the face of their ineptitude that draws criticism. These ones have no business being in the trade, they are destroying the game and their profession.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

When will VAR be used in Naija league? 2063?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Cristao II wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
bk-one wrote:

Really.....way too mature :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I would really like to apologize for missing the last match you played