Rest In Peace Darkness.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg
Rest In Peace Darkness.

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Hard tackling ex-Rangers international will be buried tomorrow in his hometown of Inyi in Oji River Enugu state, please share any memories of him.
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg
Re: Rest In Peace Darkness.

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Rest In Peace Darky kpo
www.ezesportsworld.net

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Rest in peace
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Amaechi Igweobi aka Darkness.

Eze, when did he die?
http://www.naijiant.com/
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

RIP...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

RIP Sir
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:Amaechi Igweobi aka Darkness.

Eze, when did he die?
Na waoo :shock: :o :sad:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Player with a Big Heart and a dear brother, Rest in Peace.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Comes from the same village Enugu11
www.ezesportsworld.net

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Amaechi Igweobi aka Darkness, fare thee well and thanks for the memories.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

1981...Enugu Airport...

The family was waiting at the Arrivals Lounge for Dad's flight from New York via Lagos...
Then sauntered in Rangers players on their way to Kano for an away league game against Raccah Rovers...(Jim Nwobodo was governor, so Rangers flew to some away games)

Okala & Chukwu recognised my mum, and came over to greet...(those 2 were the only left-overs from the good old days when their team bus used to drop off my late uncle after training, and consume all the iced water in our family fridge)...

The rest of the battalion sauntered around the lounge parrying greetings from people: Coach Roberto Diaz, Pat Okala, Boardman, Quick-Silver Okpala, Isima, Osuigwe, Chris Ogbodo...

My mum would soon whisper to me in horror: "Who are they calling "Darkness"..?"
And I pointed him out; the guy in dark blazer and faded jeans drinking Vitamalt by the lounge-bar...
I smiled at the horror on my mum's face. She asked: "But why is he answering "Darkness"? Why's he answering an evil name like that..? Doesn't he realize what that name means..? Isn't he a christian..?"

My brother interjected in his usual hyperbole: "Mama, this is football...Not church matter...He breaks legs...Anybody who dares to score, Darkness will break his legs...He's the man..."

Later, it would be a private joke between mum & dad, about the folly of youth...of all the nicknames a player could be given, Amechi Igweobi's would be "Darkness"...

And anytime she heard us celebrating a Rangers victory (1981-82 was another Rangers golden period; double champs in '81, league champs in '82), she would joke about what opposition would dare challenge a team having a player called "Darkness"...

Years later, anytime Rangers was mentioned in the house, mum's query was always: "Is Darkness still there..?"

RIP Amechi Igweobi...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

RIP Ogar Amechi Igweobi AKA Darkness.
Hmm did he play for SE?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

RIP
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Rip. No news info, tbough?
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

RIP
One of the CKC 77 World Champion team
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bouncino wrote:RIP
Were Sylvanus Okpalla and Sam Igwenagwu in that CKC squad?
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

FATHER TIKO wrote:1981...Enugu Airport...

The family was waiting at the Arrivals Lounge for Dad's flight from New York via Lagos...
Then sauntered in Rangers players on their way to Kano for an away league game against Raccah Rovers...(Jim Nwobodo was governor, so Rangers flew to some away games)

Okala & Chukwu recognised my mum, and came over to greet...(those 2 were the only left-overs from the good old days when their team bus used to drop off my late uncle after training, and consume all the iced water in our family fridge)...

The rest of the battalion sauntered around the lounge parrying greetings from people: Coach Roberto Diaz, Pat Okala, Boardman, Quick-Silver Okpala, Isima, Osuigwe, Chris Ogbodo...

And I pointed him out; the guy in dark blazer and faded jeans drinking Vitamalt by the lounge-bar...
I smiled at the horror on my mum's face. She asked: "But why is he answering "Darkness"? Why's he answering an evil name like that..? Doesn't he realize what that name means..? Isn't he a christian..?"

My brother interjected in his usual hyperbole: "Mama, this is football...Not church matter...He breaks legs...Anybody who dares to score, Darkness will break his legs...He's the man..."

Later, it would be a private joke between mum & dad, about the folly of youth...of all the nicknames a player could be given, Amechi Igweobi's would be "Darkness"...

And anytime she heard us celebrating a Rangers victory (1981-82 was another Rangers golden period; double champs in '81, league champs in '82), she would joke about what opposition would dare challenge a team having a player called "Darkness"...

Years later, anytime Rangers was mentioned in the house, mum's query was always: "Is Darkness still there..?"

RIP Amechi Igweobi...
I enjoyed this. I was wondering about where the name Darkness came from
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

RIP Amechi Igweobi...
Thanks Father Tiko :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Dammy wrote: Were Sylvanus Okpalla and Sam Igwenagwu in that CKC squad?
No, Okpala and Chujie Igwenagu both played for Metropolitan Secondary School, Onitsha.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

RIP Amechi Igweobi...
My brother, you tori sweet well, well. But I think he was called "Darkness" because he was very dark-skinned.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

RIP...
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

cic old boy wrote:

RIP Amechi Igweobi...
My brother, you tori sweet well, well. But I think he was called "Darkness" because he was very dark-skinned.
Yes, it was because he was very dark skinned. Darky ikpo
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Dammy wrote:
bouncino wrote:RIP
Were Sylvanus Okpalla and Sam Igwenagwu in that CKC squad?
Sam Igwenagu was in the team. He was known as Chuje. But not Okpala. Others I remember are

1. Nnamdi Nwokocha ( Camel)
2. Ugochukwu Nlewedim (Hugo)
3. Patrick Ikeagu ( Foster Ikeagu younger brother)
4. Paul Obiakor
5. Valentine Nnadi (CD)