ROHR UNLEASHES 3-5-2 AGAINST SOUTH AFRICA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
ROHR UNLEASHES 3-5-2 AGAINST SOUTH AFRICA

Post by Obong »

"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR UNLEASHES 3-5-2 AGAINST SOUTH AFRICA

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We don't have a RWB without Aina.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Story makes no sense, Aina plays in a 3-5-2 at his club, he's most suited for a wing back position on either flanks and is not in contention with Omeruo for any spot so what are they reporting?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Hopefully, Omeruo stops the trend of either giving up a goal or causing a goal scoring opportunity in every match he plays (even against common Seychelles)
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Oh no.... :shock:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote:Story makes no sense, Aina plays in a 3-5-2 at his club, he's most suited for a wing back position on either flanks and is not in contention with Omeruo for any spot so what are they reporting?
TBH, I believe this report over your take above. Think about this, Aina was not all that when SE tried him at 3-5-2 (more important than what his club did with him) and then the likelihood that the wide players this time do not have to be the wide backs who have not really clicked for Nigeria in this formation. This time Rohr may use wide midfielders such as Kalu and Simon in this one with requirement to be very present defensively when formation changes to 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 without the ball. Or on the left, Jamilu may be preferred. WE shall see tomorrow.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The "3-5-2", my favorite formation. Watch how South Africa is going to crumble like a deck of Cards. Dem go hear "wen." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Odas on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Story makes no sense, Aina plays in a 3-5-2 at his club, he's most suited for a wing back position on either flanks and is not in contention with Omeruo for any spot so what are they reporting?
TBH, I believe this report over your take above. Think about this, Aina was not all that when SE tried him at 3-5-2 (more important than what his club did with him) and then the likelihood that the wide players this time do not have to be the wide backs who have not really clicked for Nigeria in this formation. This time Rohr may use wide midfielders such as Kalu and Simon in this one with requirement to be very present defensively when formation changes to 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 without the ball. Or on the left, Jamilu may be preferred. WE shall see tomorrow.
EII:
Concur with MACE that the story makes little sense...
Since Omeruo could be brought into a 3-5-2 without necessarily having to "drop" Aina.

A wing-back is still primarily a back (i.e., a defender first and foremost), and frankly it would make little sense to EXPERIMENT with a winger or wide-forward at the wing-back spot for the first-time ever in a crucial AWAY qualifier. Rohr, by his antecedents, does not strike one as that sort of gambler.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Actually makes sense to me, considering that:
1. Rohr might be looking for a RWB with a slant for offense. In that case, Moses Simon would be a better pick in comparison to Ola Aina.
2. Regarding the LWB position, Rohr tends to favor left footed players on the left side - main reason Jamilu seems to have bumped off Bryan Idowu from the LB position. Also, Jamilu plays both LWB and LB for SC Paderborn and fully understands the requirements of the position.
If the report regarding a 3-5-2 formation being deployed by Rohr for this game is true, then the wing backs might likely be Moses and Jamilu Collins, with Etebo and John Ogu supporting them in the middle and Iwobi as playmaker.
Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
EII:
Since Omeruo could be brought into a 3-5-2 without necessarily having to "drop" Aina.

A wing-back is still primarily a back (i.e., a defender first and foremost), and frankly it would make little sense to EXPERIMENT with a winger or wide-forward at the wing-back spot for the first-time ever in a crucial AWAY qualifier. Rohr, by his antecedents, does not strike one as that sort of gambler.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
EII:

Gotti,

We would know what really is fact tomorrow. However, my view is that Aina did not do well in that position when he appeared there for the SE. Although, you could argue that was a while back. In any case, my view is that Rohr has to think about using Aina there or doing what he did in the WC which is move Vic Mo to the same position. In this case, without Vic Mo, this will be moving Samuel Kalu. It is risky but if Rohr isn't pissed about Kalu's late arrival to camp he may choose to stick with the starter on the team and finding hm a place in this formation. This later option is what I would think Rohr will opt to do. However, this is just my opinion and that is why I think that the own goal article cannot be easily dismissed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Gotti,

We would know what really is fact tomorrow. However, my view is that Aina did not do well in that position when he appeared there for the SE. Although, you could argue that was a while back. In any case, my view is that Rohr has to think about using Aina there or doing what he did in the WC which is move Vic Mo to the same position. In this case, without Vic Mo, this will be moving Samuel Kalu. It is risky but if Rohr isn't pissed about Kalu's late arrival to camp he may choose to stick with the starter on the team and finding hm a place in this formation. This later option is what I would think Rohr will opt to do. However, this is just my opinion and that is why I think that the own goal article cannot be easily dismissed.
Victor Moses played RWB for 2 full seasons at Chelsea...
While there’s no history of Samuel Kalu ever playing as a wingback.

Again, Herr Rohr does not come across as someone who would EXPERIMENT with Kalu at wingback with barely 2 or 3 full days of training (considering that Kalu arrived late to camp). Accordingly, my educated guess would that if Aina is indeed dropped for Omeruo, then Rohr has opted to stick with a back-four formation with Kenneth at RB. But we should all know in a few hours.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Samuel Kalu as a wingback?

Not gonna happen. Unless Rohr is suicidal.

The more likely scenario, should he insist on dropping Aina in a 3-5-2, is Moses Simon. In any case, we'll soon find out how accurate this story is.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Reports are that Kalu will indeed play as a wingback in a 3-5-2 alignment.

Starting lineup: Ezenwa - Omeruo, Ekong, Balogun - Kalu, Collins, Ogu, Etebo, Iwobi - Ihenacho, Musa

It will be interesting to see if this 3-5-2 ends up functioning more like a 3-4-2-1 with Ihenacho and Iwobi behind Musa. In any case, it's a big ask for Kalu today in terms of being able to handle the defensive aspects of the role that he's being asked to play. I hope Rohr is proved right.

Good luck to our Super Eagles.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I prefer the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation.

Uzoho
??, Balogun, Ekong, ???
Chukwuze, Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi, Kalu
Success or Osimhen or Awoniyi

??= we need to upgrade the position, I am not sold on Aina or Collins.

If we go 4-3-3

Uzoho
??, Balogun, Ekong, ??
Iwobi, Ndidi, Ebe or Nwakili
Kalu, Success, Chuckwuze
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:Samuel Kalu as a wingback?

The more likely scenario, should he insist on dropping Aina in a 3-5-2, is Moses Simon. In any case, we'll soon find out how accurate this story is.
Well, according to Owngoal.com reports this matchday morning...
It seems that EII was indeed correct and Rohr is going to play Kalu at RWB.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:
mystic wrote:Samuel Kalu as a wingback?

Well, according to Owngoal.com reports this matchday morning...
It seems that EII was indeed correct and Rohr is going to play Kalu at RWB.

Incredible.... ok oh!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Official Lineup
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Let’s go boys!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Amen Akpeyi aint playing. Lets go EAGLES!!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This explains a lot. I don't think Kalu has the defensive ability to play the role he is asked to play.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:This explains a lot. I don't think Kalu has the defensive ability to play the role he is asked to play.
Maybe that's part if why they're trying to convince Moses to change his mind.
https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... ional-duty
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

truetalk wrote:Hopefully, Omeruo stops the trend of either giving up a goal or causing a goal scoring opportunity in every match he plays (even against common Seychelles)
Well he pretty much caused the goal again. Useless defender, we should be trying Ajayi.