Bafana Bafana Goalkeeper Khune Blast Super Eagles Players –

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Bafana Bafana Goalkeeper Khune Blast Super Eagles Players –

Post by Sir V »

......... they Are Tall, Big & Very Slow

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/11/16/ba ... very-slow/

Goalkeeper of the Bafana Bafana of South Africa Itumeleng Khune says they are not scared of the intimidating profile of players of the Super Eagles of Nigeria ahead of their clash on Saturday.

Khune who is yet to concede a goal in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers said he is eyeing another clean sheet against Nigeria as they have resolved to defend as a team in tomorrow’s game.

He went further to reveal what they will most likely capitalize on against Nigeria tomorrow by citing the pace of his team as against Nigeria, who in his words are tall and big but very slow.

“They are going to want to bully us, so the only advantage we have is that we have players with small frames but are much faster on the ball,” he said at the pre match conference.

“They are very tall and big, and very slow. So what we need to capitalise on is moving the ball around quickly and getting into small pockets of space, and even utilising the spaces behind their defence and then converting our chances.”

South Africa need a win to seal qualification for next year Africa Cup of Nations or a draw to keep their hope of qualifying intact ahead of their last group game against Seychelles.

In the reverse tie of this fixture, they defeated Nigeria 0-2 in Uyo but they are now second behind the Super Eagles after picking up four out of six points against Seychelles while Nigeria got maximum points against Libya in the last round of games.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bafana Bafana Goalkeeper Khune Blast Super Eagles Player

Post by nemi2002 »

What did Omeruo Do to Him?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I did not see any blast here, just a player making his observations about his perceived weaknesses about SE known and how his team plans to exploit it to their advantage.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Balogun and Ogu can be justifiably called slow, but I can't think of anyone else.
So what is he talking about? :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:Balogun and Ogu can be justifiably called slow, but I can't think of anyone else.
Dude they haven't let in a single goal. You have Akpeyi and a bunch of youngest team, and you are here boasting
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:Balogun and Ogu can be justifiably called slow, but I can't think of anyone else.
Dude they haven't let in a single goal. You have Akpeyi and a bunch of youngest team, and you are here boasting
That's gonna change in a few hours, so let them enjoy their meaningless statistic. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

“They are very tall and big, and very slow. So what we need to capitalise on is moving the ball around quickly and getting into small pockets of space, and even utilising the spaces behind their defence and then converting our chances.”
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

This sounds like a different version of the stereotypical "they are strong, and physical" analysis that you hear from European commentators in pre-world cup review shows. There are a couple of players that can be described as Tall and big on the team. oh well, hopefully e go do am like film trick in one hour
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Mike Tyson once said that " Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth"
He'll soon be asking for Musa's Jersey after the game.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ekorian wrote:Mike Tyson once said that " Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth"
He'll soon be asking for Musa's Jersey after the game.
I will be very happy if we can revenge the defeat we suffered in their hands in Uyo. After then, we can ask him (South Africa's goalkeeper) to repeat what he said.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Well he said they were going to exploit our big lads and they did
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:Well he said they were going to exploit our big lads and they did
Kpom..............take a look at what the Belgium div 2 player did to Ekong & Omeruo before passing for the tap in.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Looks like their tactic was to somehow get useless linesmen. Nigeria should have flogged these guys 3-1
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

zee wrote:
oloye wrote:Well he said they were going to exploit our big lads and they did
Kpom..............take a look at what the Belgium div 2 player did to Ekong & Omeruo before passing for the tap in.
Lets be honest,how boys were slow today.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt