South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT Naija qualifies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT Naija qualifies

Post by The YeyeMan »

AntonioThePussycatLicker strikes again! :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cristao II wrote:I hope the NFF will do something to bring the decisions to the CAF's attention. This should not be allowed to slide ...

And I was thinking with Hayatou gone and Picnic close to power, these African refs would stop cheating us.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Stop being disingenuous. A still photo showing the ball still at the feet of the passer is inconclusive at best. Again, watch the video very carefully and you’ll see that Success got there before the pass :!:

Cheers.
TonyTTK, sometimes you just have to give allowance for the possibility you could be wrong. To accuse me of being "disingenuous" smacks of a little arrogance on your part. I'm not into being right by all means necessary so what am I being sneaky about? :rotf:

YOU ARE WRONG on this one, just accept it.

For your benefit I've taken the time to stop the video just at the precise point AFTER THE PASS and then labeled the ball already in transit and the key players involved.

If this graphic below doesn't convince you, and you continue to argue to the contrary, then it simply means you have no interest in getting at the truth.

Cheers!
God bless you abundantly again!!!
Does this mean TTK gets to be a man and apologize?
Don't hold your breath on that one. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I guess it is different strokes for different folks. For me, I do not care 'A' or 'B' games. In games like this, circumstances often make it difficult to produce, and I understand this. I am realistic enough to know what is most important. What was important was qualifying anything added na jara.
Otitokoro wrote:Waffiman,
Its about us not playing up to par. At least, one of the players got the point I was trying to make...
Source
Ogu Admits Eagles Could Not Produce ‘A-Game’
By Femi O - November 18, 2018087

Hapoel Be’er Sheva Of Israel midfielder, John Ugochukwu Ogu has admitted that he and his colleagues in the Super Eagles could not meet the expectations of their fans back home, who he acknowledged always want to see the team put up an ‘a-game’ in every fixture.

However, while celebrating the Eagles’ qualification for the Africa Cup of Nations, footballlive.ng can report that Ogu admits it was not an evening of exciting thrills from the eight-time champions.

Although Ogu did not give any explanation for the slow-paced performance of the Eagles at FNB Stadium, Johannesburg, the towering left-footed battler, who played as Nigeria’s holding midfiedler for all 90 minutes of Saturday’s game, hinted that it was because of the tight game.

Ogu, who has seen action in Slovenia, Spain and Portugal took to social media to reveal his thoughts about the game, and concluded that it was a case of the end justifying the means, all to ensure he Nigerian team made it to Cameroon 2019 with a game to spare.

Ogu posted: “I’m super Happy with our qualification to the AFCON. I understand our fans want our A1 game in every games.

“The only positive out here is the fact that we have qualified for the AFCON. Thank you to our fans all over the world.”
Waffiman wrote:I cannot understand Otitokoro I am at a loss as to what he wants. This is about qualifying, not settling personal scores. Also, there is no such thing as an easy game against South Africa, especially in the circumstances we were playing them. They needed to win, we needed to avoid defeat. Given the mistakes by the Ref and Linesmen, you have to be fair and acknowledge a job well done.

I am very happy to be back in the Nations Cup. That's all that matters to me
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:
Stop being disingenuous. A still photo showing the ball still at the feet of the passer is inconclusive at best. Again, watch the video very carefully and you’ll see that Success got there before the pass :!:

Cheers.
TonyTTK, sometimes you just have to give allowance for the possibility you could be wrong. To accuse me of being "disingenuous" smacks of a little arrogance on your part. I'm not into being right by all means necessary so what am I being sneaky about? :rotf:

For your benefit I've taken the time to stop the video just at the precise point AFTER THE PASS and then labeled the ball already in transit and the key players involved.

If this graphic below doesn't convince you, and you continue to argue to the contrary, then it simply means you have no interest in getting at the truth.

Cheers!
What a wa freaking wu...Your honor the defense rest...Fact not feelings! :D :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers!
What a wa freaking wu...Your honor the defense rest...Fact not feelings! :D :rotf:
Yep. :D
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Damunk wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Honestly, the second disallowed goal was the right call. Isaac Success started his run too early and was a split second offside before the pass was made. Watch the video carefully :!:

Cheers,
NO WAY CHIEF.
Success actually made the perfect run. Eve if he started the run before the ball was played (highly contestable), he started it from an onside position.
BOTH Ahmed and Success were onside when the ball was played.

See graphic below for both disallowed goals.

Cheers.
Stop embarrassing yourself, both players where onside. I can’t imagine you can’t even notice that the defender keep both onside just before the pass was made.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Honestly, the second disallowed goal was the right call. Isaac Success started his run too early and was a split second offside before the pass was made. Watch the video carefully :!:

Cheers,

TTK, you done come again. :lol:

and the man said we should "watch carefully" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That thing funny die... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:

Cheers,

TTK, you done come again. :lol:

and the man said we should "watch carefully" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: dont forget :!:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT

Post by Eaglezbeak »

metalalloy wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
metalalloy wrote:I hope SA makes it as well. Those boys are a decent side.
A team that is the only one in the group that failed to score against Seychelles, Seychelles who haven’t won a game since 2014 can’t be discribed as decent they (South Africa) conceded 3 goals at home to Nigeria but were saved by poor officiating (remember they also failed to qualify to the World Cup after a game against Senegal was replayed because of a very bad refereeing decision).They will not have the luck of poor officials away to Libya!

They are the only team in the group that has not lost a game. Can any other team say that?
Saved by poor officiating who else can boast of of such luck two clear goals ruled off side,they've drawn 3 of their last 4 games two of which at home despite help from officials,will they get away with that in North Africa?If Libya score a legit goal let's see if any sub Saharan ref will have the guts to deny it we'll see if they remain unbeaten!Remind me on match day if you believe what you say!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI