South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT Naija qualifies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT Naija qualifies

Post by Damunk »

Samora Machel wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I don't need to answer Samora, you've all done it foe me. I'm convinced SA bought that game. They did everything possible to win, including playing the game at a venue not even appreciated by their own fans.

How 2 perfectly good goals were chalked off for offside is still upsetting.
CAF should look at this ref very well. Dodgy as hell
:rotf: :rotf:
All the best to the super eagles all the same :thumbs:
Watch the disallowed goals and tell us what you think
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I cannot understand Otitokoro I am at a loss as to what he wants. This is about qualifying, not settling personal scores. Also, there is no such thing as an easy game against South Africa, especially in the circumstances we were playing them. They needed to win, we needed to avoid defeat. Given the mistakes by the Ref and Linesmen, you have to be fair and acknowledge a job well done.

I am very happy to be back in the Nations Cup. That's all that matters to me.
green4life wrote:Ironically the article highlights the fact that we had two goals wrongly ruled out. I’m not sure what else you expected from this team given the poor officiating and the injury/suspension personnel deficiencies. And the point qualified us notwithstanding. I say job well done.
Otitokoro wrote:This is what happens when you fail to take care of business:
Source
Nigeria Were Lucky – South Africa Coach Boast After Forcing Super Eagles To 1-1 Draw In AFCON Qualifiers
November 17, 20180184

Coach of South Africa Staurt Baxter says he is disappointment that his team didn’t pick up all three points against Nigeria despite his team coming from behind to draw 1-1 in their penultimate AFCON 2019 Qualifiers.

Baxter’s team were fortunate to have two big decision their way when Nigeria were wrongly flagged for offside after putting the ball in the back of the net.

Nigeria are through to next year AFCON thanks to the draw and Baxter insist that Nigeria were lucky to have nicked a draw as his team were way better than the Nigerians despite his team coming from behind.

” I’m disappointed that we couldn’t win. We were better than Nigeria in both halves. They were lucky to have picked a draw because we could easily have won. On the other hand I’m happy that we picked three points against this Nigerian team”, Baxter said at the post match interview.

South Africa now need at least a point to join Nigeria at next year Africa Cup of Nations with their next opponents Libya who will be at home in the fixture needing a win after beating Seychelles 8-1 away from home.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT

Post by Eaglezbeak »

metalalloy wrote:I hope SA makes it as well. Those boys are a decent side.
A team that is the only one in the group that failed to score against Seychelles, Seychelles who haven’t won a game since 2014 can’t be discribed as decent they (South Africa) conceded 3 goals at home to Nigeria but were saved by poor officiating (remember they also failed to qualify to the World Cup after a game against Senegal was replayed because of a very bad refereeing decision).They will not have the luck of poor officials away to Libya!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

About those two disallowed goals, I hope this isn't another case of dodgy referees like in South Africa's world cup qualifier against Senegal that had to be replayed.

Like in the NFL, game altering plays like that should be automatically reviewed. Imagine if the decision(s) cost us qualification?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Waffiman,
Its about us not playing up to par. At least, one of the players got the point I was trying to make...
Source
Ogu Admits Eagles Could Not Produce ‘A-Game’
By Femi O - November 18, 2018087

Hapoel Be’er Sheva Of Israel midfielder, John Ugochukwu Ogu has admitted that he and his colleagues in the Super Eagles could not meet the expectations of their fans back home, who he acknowledged always want to see the team put up an ‘a-game’ in every fixture.

However, while celebrating the Eagles’ qualification for the Africa Cup of Nations, footballlive.ng can report that Ogu admits it was not an evening of exciting thrills from the eight-time champions.

Although Ogu did not give any explanation for the slow-paced performance of the Eagles at FNB Stadium, Johannesburg, the towering left-footed battler, who played as Nigeria’s holding midfiedler for all 90 minutes of Saturday’s game, hinted that it was because of the tight game.

Ogu, who has seen action in Slovenia, Spain and Portugal took to social media to reveal his thoughts about the game, and concluded that it was a case of the end justifying the means, all to ensure he Nigerian team made it to Cameroon 2019 with a game to spare.

Ogu posted: “I’m super Happy with our qualification to the AFCON. I understand our fans want our A1 game in every games.

“The only positive out here is the fact that we have qualified for the AFCON. Thank you to our fans all over the world.”
Waffiman wrote:I cannot understand Otitokoro I am at a loss as to what he wants. This is about qualifying, not settling personal scores. Also, there is no such thing as an easy game against South Africa, especially in the circumstances we were playing them. They needed to win, we needed to avoid defeat. Given the mistakes by the Ref and Linesmen, you have to be fair and acknowledge a job well done.

I am very happy to be back in the Nations Cup. That's all that matters to me
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I hope the NFF will do something to bring the decisions to the CAF's attention. This should not be allowed to slide ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

wale1974 wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:After watching today's game. I can finally say "Naija need a better coach" Rohr took us as far as he could go at the world cup, He isn't a game reader neither is he proactive or dynamic. Making 2 substitutions with less than 3 minutes to go, I mean what was that about?
With all due respect...... people like you are the ones hold Nigeria back with this type mindset.
Kindly explain. So curious minds can decide which mindset is holding things back. Thanks.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Cristao II wrote:I hope the NFF will do something to bring the decisions to the CAF's attention. This should not be allowed to slide ...
They won’t complain,they hardly ever do.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT

Post by metalalloy »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
metalalloy wrote:I hope SA makes it as well. Those boys are a decent side.
A team that is the only one in the group that failed to score against Seychelles, Seychelles who haven’t won a game since 2014 can’t be discribed as decent they (South Africa) conceded 3 goals at home to Nigeria but were saved by poor officiating (remember they also failed to qualify to the World Cup after a game against Senegal was replayed because of a very bad refereeing decision).They will not have the luck of poor officials away to Libya!

They are the only team in the group that has not lost a game. Can any other team say that?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Honestly, the second disallowed goal was the right call. Isaac Success started his run too early and was a split second offside before the pass was made. Watch the video carefully :!:

Cheers,
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Honestly, the second disallowed goal was the right call. Isaac Success started his run too early and was a split second offside before the pass was made. Watch the video carefully :!:

Cheers,

Oh dear lord.... :roll:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Honestly, the second disallowed goal was the right call. Isaac Success started his run too early and was a split second offside before the pass was made. Watch the video carefully :!:

Cheers,
NO WAY CHIEF.
Success actually made the perfect run.
Even if he started the run before the ball was played (highly contestable), he started it from an onside position.
BOTH Ahmed and Success were still onside when the ball was played.

See graphic below for both disallowed goals.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:

Cheers,

At some point we gotta realize he's trolling...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Cheers,

For real. That is the only plausible explanation. No adult can take repeatedly take such incorrect daft positions with the utmost confidence like the pussu killer does.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote:

Cheers,
NO WAY CHIEF.
Success actually made the perfect run. Eve if he started the run before the ball was played (highly contestable), he started it from an onside position.
BOTH Ahmed and Success were onside when the ball was played.

See graphic below for both disallowed goals.
Stop being disingenuous. A still photo showing the ball still at the feet of the passer is inconclusive at best. Again, watch the video very carefully and you’ll see that Success got there before the pass :!:

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Stop being disingenuous. A still photo showing the ball still at the feet of the passer is inconclusive at best. Again, watch the video very carefully and you’ll see that Success got there before the pass :!:

Cheers.
TonyTTK, sometimes you just have to give allowance for the possibility you could be wrong. To accuse me of being "disingenuous" smacks of a little arrogance on your part. I'm not into being right by all means necessary so what am I being sneaky about? :rotf:

YOU ARE WRONG on this one, just accept it.

For your benefit I've taken the time to stop the video just at the precise point AFTER THE PASS and then labeled the ball already in transit and the key players involved.

If this graphic below doesn't convince you, and you continue to argue to the contrary, then it simply means you have no interest in getting at the truth.

Cheers!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:D @ Damunk. You get time to respond to a troll.

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:

Cheers.
TonyTTK, sometimes you just have to give allowance for the possibility you could be wrong. To accuse me of being "disingenuous" smacks of a little arrogance on your part. I'm not into being right by all means necessary so what am I being sneaky about? :rotf:

For your benefit I've taken the time to stop the video just at the precise point AFTER THE PASS and then labeled the ball already in transit and the key players involved.

If this graphic below doesn't convince you, and you continue to argue to the contrary, then it simply means you have no interest in getting at the truth.

Cheers!
I wouldn't mind if Tony admitted he didn't watch the game but those calls are blatantly wrong.
God bless you abundantly again!!!
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers!
God bless you abundantly again!!!
Does this mean TTK gets to be a man and apologize?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cheers,

TTK, you done come again. :lol:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

green4life wrote:

Cheers,

and the man said we should "watch carefully" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Cheers,

For real. That is the only plausible explanation. No adult can take repeatedly take such incorrect daft positions with the utmost confidence like the pussu killer does.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
My belle O! This is why someborry has been here for almost 20 years. Free and unlimited comedy.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:

Cheers,

and the man said we should "watch carefully" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
What makes it hilarious is that he's actually very serious :rotf: