South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT Naija qualifies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT

Post by theYemster »

Otitokoro wrote:Not talking about the qualification outcome - that should be the expectation! I mean, Nigeria, with all its talent, SHOULD be expected able to qualify for the Nations Cup, especially when you consider the relative weakness of the teams in this group.
I am talking about the individual game performance here.
ohenhen1 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:How is it a good result?
In the 3 most recent competitive games we have played South Africa, we have managed to pick up only two (2) out a possible 9 points!

This Nigerian team today had a chance to kill off a rag-tag South African team, laden with home based players and considering the very obvious fact that their big game players were absent, like Dean Furman, Tokelo Rantie, Keegan Dolly, Vilakazi and a couple of others. Yet, this Nigerian team, with all their so called super stars, just huffed and puffed all game long. Play was completely disjointed, couldn't even string 5 or 6 passes together without turning the ball over and was basically very poor overall. Upon all the bragging that the 0-2 loss in Uyo was a hoax and that the records will be set straight. Nothing but just mouth mouth! When it was time to set the records straight, they couldn't perform. Flunkies!

By far, the most boring and uninspiring game I have seen the SE play in eons.
ohenhen1 wrote:Good result, I think we need to call up our strongest side for Seychelles in the final game and also play a friendly after that match. Use it as part of our build up to the Afcon.
Nigeria has qualified for the nations cup. That is a good result.
It was a disciplined performance, Nigeria did just about what was needed as not much else. South Africa needed the three points so they had to take the risks. That's basically what Rohr days in his post match interview.

Besides can't expect to kill off a team of the refs keep disallowing legit goals. Had VAR been utilised both disallowed goals would've stood and you might've gotten that killed off game you wanted.

Learn to focus on the big picture. Our main goal isn't South Africa team we played today, it's the whole of Africa... next year as beyond. Your desire to smash them just to make a point is nothing but a feel good factor, small minded thinking. At the end of the day after all is said and done, we finished above them in the standings.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: South Africa 1- 1 Nigeria FT Naija qualifies

Post by Lolly »

folem wrote:
They outnumbered us. I was there. But boys showed up in large numbers.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

folem wrote:
They outnumbered us. I was there. But boys showed up in large numbers.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The match is now on BeinSports.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

It was actually live on BeinSports4
Its a Goal wrote:The match is now on BeinSports.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

From what I can see so far we are missing Ndidi's presence in the midfield. Iwobi can't be a midfield marshal. He is good upfront but can't dictate action for long stretch of time when we are under pressure.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Question should be asked of the SA goal. Looked like the scorer was in an offside position when he received the ball.

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Its a Goal wrote:Question should be asked of the SA goal. Looked like the scorer was in an offside position when he received the ball.
No, he was not.
Tau that gave him the pass was ahead of him.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

This is what happens when you fail to take care of business:
Source
Nigeria Were Lucky – South Africa Coach Boast After Forcing Super Eagles To 1-1 Draw In AFCON Qualifiers
November 17, 20180184

Coach of South Africa Staurt Baxter says he is disappointment that his team didn’t pick up all three points against Nigeria despite his team coming from behind to draw 1-1 in their penultimate AFCON 2019 Qualifiers.

Baxter’s team were fortunate to have two big decision their way when Nigeria were wrongly flagged for offside after putting the ball in the back of the net.

Nigeria are through to next year AFCON thanks to the draw and Baxter insist that Nigeria were lucky to have nicked a draw as his team were way better than the Nigerians despite his team coming from behind.

” I’m disappointed that we couldn’t win. We were better than Nigeria in both halves. They were lucky to have picked a draw because we could easily have won. On the other hand I’m happy that we picked three points against this Nigerian team”, Baxter said at the post match interview.

South Africa now need at least a point to join Nigeria at next year Africa Cup of Nations with their next opponents Libya who will be at home in the fixture needing a win after beating Seychelles 8-1 away from home.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Baxter must be smoking some strong skunk. I guess he didn't see the wrongly disallowed goal and the erroneous call on the opportunity ruled out. 3 shots on goal as opposed to Nigeria's 7, how could you ever claim the edge?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

South Africa is a rubbish team and their coach is also a rubbish coach. I guess we were lucky to have two clean goals disallowed. Also Omeruo missing an open net from six yards out. The NFF should file a protest. We remember what happened to Senegal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

SA are know for the behind the scenes shenanigans. Looks like SA were always going to get those calls all day long.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

File a protest against what?
That your coach was not intelligent enough to come up with a good enough strategy to beat a rag-tag South African team on two separate occasions? Puhlease!
Fact is they beat you in your backyard and the best Rohr and Nigeria were able to do is force them to a draw. Nigeria have been incapable of defeating the South Africans under Baxter.
ohenhen1 wrote:South Africa is a rubbish team and their coach is also a rubbish coach. I guess we were lucky to have two clean goals disallowed. Also Omeruo missing an open net from six yards out. The NFF should file a protest. We remember what happened to Senegal.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Otitokoro wrote:File a protest against what?
That your coach was not intelligent enough to come up with a good enough strategy to beat a rag-tag South African team on two separate occasions? Puhlease!
Fact is they beat you in your backyard and the best Rohr and Nigeria were able to do is force them to a draw. Nigeria have been incapable of defeating the South Africans under Baxter.
ohenhen1 wrote:South Africa is a rubbish team and their coach is also a rubbish coach. I guess we were lucky to have two clean goals disallowed. Also Omeruo missing an open net from six yards out. The NFF should file a protest. We remember what happened to Senegal.
Once Nigrria beats a team, then that team is rag tag. SA is suddenly a ragtag team. Smh. I guess Morroco couldn't beat almighty Comoros and Ghana lost to Brazilian Kenya.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Well, watch as the Libyans will take care of business at home next year.
lacidi wrote:
Once Nigrria beats a team, then that team is rag tag. SA is suddenly a ragtag team. Smh. I guess Morroco couldn't beat almighty Comoros and Ghana lost to Brazilian Kenya.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

dd
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ironically the article highlights the fact that we had two goals wrongly ruled out. I’m not sure what else you expected from this team given the poor officiating and the injury/suspension personnel deficiencies. And the point qualified us notwithstanding. I say job well done.
Otitokoro wrote:This is what happens when you fail to take care of business:
Source
Nigeria Were Lucky – South Africa Coach Boast After Forcing Super Eagles To 1-1 Draw In AFCON Qualifiers
November 17, 20180184

Coach of South Africa Staurt Baxter says he is disappointment that his team didn’t pick up all three points against Nigeria despite his team coming from behind to draw 1-1 in their penultimate AFCON 2019 Qualifiers.

Baxter’s team were fortunate to have two big decision their way when Nigeria were wrongly flagged for offside after putting the ball in the back of the net.

Nigeria are through to next year AFCON thanks to the draw and Baxter insist that Nigeria were lucky to have nicked a draw as his team were way better than the Nigerians despite his team coming from behind.

” I’m disappointed that we couldn’t win. We were better than Nigeria in both halves. They were lucky to have picked a draw because we could easily have won. On the other hand I’m happy that we picked three points against this Nigerian team”, Baxter said at the post match interview.

South Africa now need at least a point to join Nigeria at next year Africa Cup of Nations with their next opponents Libya who will be at home in the fixture needing a win after beating Seychelles 8-1 away from home.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Poor officiating and possible match fixing. FIFA did overturn the penalty call against Senegal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

After watching today's game. I can finally say "Naija need a better coach" Rohr took us as far as he could go at the world cup, He isn't a game reader neither is he proactive or dynamic. Making 2 substitutions with less than 3 minutes to go, I mean what was that about?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Poor officiating and possible match fixing. FIFA did overturn the penalty call against Senegal.

MODS pls ban Ohenhen for 1-2 days and then bring him back with apologies...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Dimka you’re a very big imbecile. We just beat 3 teams and draw with South Africa instead of appreciating the coach you’re suggesting he score be sacked? Why are Nigerians so forking arrogant/entitled?? This is a team that has failed to qualify for 2 ANC’s and they’re speaking like god. People should just STFU if they have nothing to contribute
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

We don’t like peace. We don’t like continuity. We don’t like steady progress. We prefer drama. We must complain about everything even when we achieved our objective. That’s why we’re Naijarians.
Last edited by green4life on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

john12 wrote:Dimka you’re a very big imbecile. We just beat 3 teams and draw with South Africa instead of appreciating the coach you’re suggesting he score be sacked? Why are Nigerians so forking arrogant/entitled?? This is a team that has failed to qualify for 2 ANC’s and they’re speaking like god. People should just STFU if they have nothing to contribute
And you are so immature - We beat 3 teams but if you're looking to improve you have to analyse your performance in the round. That includes a hesitant, stubborn and tactically bereft coach. As for your abuse - Well i am above that and I don't insult people who have different opinions from mine. When you get to Yaounde, you won't be playing teams you've beaten you'll be playing better teams. Never settle for less, look to improve. Naija have been to the world cup and your coach isn't showing he has learned anything from it.

Just in case you missed it, my comments center around the fact that Rohr does not know when to make substitutions or use his bench effectively.
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!