Nigeria will not win the Nations Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria will not win the Nations Cup

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:It is easy to say I am wrong. That's fair enough. I don't care what anyone thinks. I know I am not wrong. I wish to be proven wrong though. Mark my words
If you are that insightful, why not disclose who WILL win it? :idea:
Nothing easier than saying we "will not win it", because you have a 23/24 chance of being correct.
So you're not really saying anything worth acknowledging.
Don't know because I haven't watched every team. I have watched my team and a few other teams. Based on this body of evidence, I am confident we will not win. Of course if positive changes are made, that certainly improves our chances.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

We are going there to learn our target is 2035 ANC, we just need to cheer our 3 games and go home in peace :)
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oloye wrote:Same was said in 2013. Take one match at a time.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Enuff said...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Dont b so rash!!!!!!!!!!!! qualifiers don't determine NADA..Brazil went into the WC in 94 with a loss to bottom nose bolivia and a friendly tie with canada ( of all teams), we know what they did.. I beg, qualifiers dont really show what makes u....Siddon dia...I dey wait fo the big party.

highbury wrote:I hope I am wrong, but I am quite confident. Our team isn't that good. I am sure we know that if we are honest with ourselves.
1) Poor Coach. Slow to make changes. We have no Nigerian flair. Gone!!
2) Why he didn't remove Iwobi after the garbage of a game astonished me.
3) Trust me, this Coach is not it. I will support him but I know he ain't the one. You can't tell me that Siasia can't do better.
4) At best Nigeria will make Qfinals
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I personally like our chances. Whenever we go we are competitive.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

SylverEagles wrote:Na wah for you o!! 7 months to the tournament, you already know we are not gonna win it?

Mehn, such emotional folks here! Like Robby will say "feelings, not ...".
It really is a damn shame if you ask me smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

No be who qualify de win cup? Abeg let us enjoy our long awaited return to the African party again jor.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

It is easy to say that Nigeria will not win it. We have failed to win the vast majority of Nations Cups that we have attended. If you can tell me who will win it I'll take you seriously.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:It is easy to say I am wrong. That's fair enough. I don't care what anyone thinks. I know I am not wrong. I wish to be proven wrong though. Mark my words
If you are that insightful, why not disclose who WILL win it? :idea:
Nothing easier than saying we "will not win it", because you have a 23/24 chance of being correct.
So you're not really saying anything worth acknowledging.
KPOM.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

100%Naija wrote:Psst, do you realize we were missing key players today? I mean na wa for una o.
I suppose send you.. I expected you to yab the bot..shame on you..that high berry. Nah woman..no heart..

The bottom line be say high berry dey fly for night with olomgbo.... so e dey see future..nah mammy water work bobo dey do
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

More likely than not Rohr will win the Nations cup, because he has a good record against African countries (as coach of Nigeria). Non-African opposition is a different story.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Even though some of Rohrs antics piss me off, we are well on way to being one of the favorites to win it, I very much like our chances.

Today's match was purposely played at high altitude at the hottest moment in the day, we were missing Ndidi, Mikel, Ighalo, and we still would have won if not for piss poor officiating by the linesmen.

Rohr has an excellent record in Africa, but our DEFENCE is starting to worry me. Giving up 3 goals in the last 2 games against mediocre opposition is a little worrying. I think Ajayi needs to be tried at the back. Omeruo seems to always make stupid mistakes every game he plays.

Rohr needs to sort out what our best attacking formation and players set are. I know for sure that it does not involve Iheanacho, and frankly I don't think he even deserves to make the 23 if it were based on merit. Especially with the likes of Ojo and Lookman soon to be in the mix. Unless he improves his game he is on the outs for me. No room for him to be frank.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Many said the same thing in 2015 even during the tournament they (a few Nigerians) were waiting for Nigeria to fail some started supporting CIV in the Quarter Final and the rest is history!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

highbury wrote:I hope I am wrong, but I am quite confident. Our team isn't that good. I am sure we know that if we are honest with ourselves.
3) Trust me, this Coach is not it. I will support him but I know he ain't the one. You can't tell me that Siasia can't do better.
Extremely hot weather and played on a high altitude. Do you know how difficult that is. So rather than get all your players attacking and draining themselves, play a more conscious game, get atleast a point. And thats what they did
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Extremely hot weather and played on a high altitude. Do you know how difficult that is. So rather than get all your players attacking and draining themselves, play a more conscious game, get atleast a point. And thats what they did
And we still won of not for those dumb a$$ linesmen.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

You seem to be mistaking the AFCON for the World Cup. Which team in Africa is according to you is "that good". From what I have seen over the whole qualifiers we are DEFINITELY one of the favourites even if it was played today. When we won in 2013, we were crap in our first 2 games. We will never play well in every match but for bad officiating we should have won this match in which we were CLEARLY in second gear. Ezenwa was on holiday in this game. I really don't understand this your honesty as this honesty does not relate to reality.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Adisboy wrote:
You seem to be mistaking the AFCON for the World Cup. Which team in Africa is according to you is "that good". From what I have seen over the whole qualifiers we are DEFINITELY one of the favourites even if it was played today. When we won in 2013, we were crap in our first 2 games. We will never play well in every match but for bad officiating we should have won this match in which we were CLEARLY in second gear. Ezenwa was on holiday in this game. I really don't understand this your honesty as this honesty does not relate to reality.

Currently Nigeria is the best team in Africa.

Even going back to the worldcup I didn't see any African team I thought to be better.

It will be tough though.

Cameroon, Morocco, Senegal, will be tough.

Also look out for a resurgent CIV, and Ghana will be in with a say as well.

Egypt and Tunisia will be decent. Maybe Algeria can get their act back together.

But honestly I like Nigeria right now. Iwobi will be key and when we find out our starting trio we will be deadly.

Rohr needs to get rid of his sentiments.