Nigeria 0 Uganda 0 Second FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 Uganda 0 Second FT

Post by Kabalega »

theYemster wrote:The scoreline is not important. I think Osimhen and Chukwueze shouldn't have been subbed out at halftime. They needed more time to express themselves. Those who played major minutes against South Africa should've been rested. Musa should've started and Iwobi subbed on for him at the break, other than that the attackers/forward line should've been the aforementioned duo plus Onyekuru, Success, and Moses.

CAF needs to start fining countries for substandard pitches. I really believe it hinders the development of African teams over the long term. How hard is it too get good groundsmen? It's a 24/7 operation not a game day rush job. Anyways it's a good preparation for what to expect across the border. I daresay their pitches are worse.

I still don't understand why we can't at this stage provide quality tv coverage. The so called "international stadium" doesn't seem to have provisions for aerial camera views. I just wonder how these people think.
Provide it and charge them a fortune.

This thread is full of complainers who live in a bubble. African footie is not easy. Poor pitches, gamesmanship, e.t.c.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

txj wrote:
oloye wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
oloye wrote:Everyone keep shouting if in a real game, excuse me what games have they been playing before today and how many cards have they chopped? When Ghana was huffing and puffing against them we were laughing at Ghana. Our boys better get used to raw tackle this is African footy
They packed the bus in a freaking friendly game where nothing was as stake... Oloye common, that's a terrible display of football right there... an utter waste of a friendly match. I envy the likes of South Africa that are at least playing serious teams like Paraguay that will give you exciting attacking football.
What is our history against them? So they packed the bus, what football rules did they break? Everyone knows what motivates them going into any match friendly or competive.... If they parked the bus to perfect their strategy against attacking sides like Nigeria, pray what stops us from using them to practice how to break a bus parked? Do we have to wait for a competitive match?

You really cannot be serious!!!
What do you have a problem with?
That Uganda has a better head to head record against Nigeria?
That Uganda beat Nigeria in Uyo 3 years ago or that this game ended 0-0 on a bad pitch with Uganda missing 8 top players?
Were the match officials Ugandan?

Just be happy that your Ajebutter boys got a taste of real African footie and did better than 3 years ago.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

theYemster wrote:Not sure why Rohr took out Osimhen and Chukwueze at halftime. Guys who played major minutes against South Africa should've been subbed even if played at all so we would've been afforded more time to assess the newbies.

That's about my only criticism. I suppose playing on such a crappy pitch is good preparation for heading into the lion's den across the border. Pretty sure their pitches suck as well. :)

If CAF doesn't start fining countries for substandard pitches things won't improve. It really hinders team's progress. Also no reason why that so called "international stadium" shouldn't have a standard TV set up.
A possible answer for the substitutions is that the point isn't to win; he only wanted to assess the players and 45 mins was enough for him. A possible counter arguement to that is that if Rohr did not care about winning... why did he bring on Kelechi at the end in a clear attempt at getting a goal?

My own issue with Rohr is that teams park the bus, defenders are rough and pitches are bad throughout Africa. This is the reality of the African game and Kabalega has pointed this out several times. Maybe people aren't taking him seriously because he's Ugandan and he's taunting them.

Our coach has to find a solution or has to show that he is attempting to find a solution. We kept doing the same thing today even when it was obvious we weren't getting closer to scoring. We had a few chances in the first half from Osimhen winning headers from crosses and I thought we could have kept that going. We seem to always stumble around till we score and we don't have a clear plan. We are neither sitting back nor hitting our opponents on counter attacks... I don't know if Rohr has an offensive plan. In this sense maybe we are not any better than teams who sit back all day.

This is not a criticism based on this game alone by the way. Prior to the world cup and even during the world we had similar problems... reflected in our poor shots/shots on goal stats. There are threads on this forum discussing these stats. These games were on good pitches with non-Ugandan defenders. We do not need more excuses at this point.

What we need at this point is an offensive plan that takes advantage of the strengths and weaknesses of our players and Rohr does not seem to have a clue on what it takes to draw up that plan.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Having seen the highlights, Uganda should have won this game!
The young keeper should be more composed though. He will rise to greater heights than Onyango because of a different more favaroable era.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Kabalega wrote:Having seen the highlights, Uganda should have won this game!
The young keeper should be more composed though. He will rise to greater heights than Onyango because of a different more favaroable era.
Uganda didn't even attempt one single shot on target all game, how could they have won the game? Better quit drinking that waragi diplomat Kabalega :taunt:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Tobi17 wrote:
Uganda didn't even attempt one single shot on target all game, how could they have won the game? Better quit drinking that waragi diplomat Kabalega :taunt:
Emma Okwi put one over the bar. He usually buries those ones....
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Kabalega wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
And Nigeria missed 3 easy chances, Osimhen could have had 2 goals in that first half if he had kept his nerves. On balance of play, Nigeria was definitely the more cerebral team at least... Our East African brothers just came to wrestle and hack down our kids :mad:
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

give credit where it is due.

uganda did not concede a goal in 5 nations cup qualifiers.

thats is a landmark.

if an european country did that .... everyone will be shouting loud.

weldone to the crannes.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

globalinksnn wrote:give credit where it is due.

thats is a landmark.

weldone to the crannes.
Rubbish, all that will end in the AFCON when sh.it gets real, Uganda is just like another Zambia... they flashes of promise here and there and then BANG! they go back to their minnow status soon after. I for one can't to have them in the same group with Nigeria...
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

thats is a landmark.

weldone to the crannes.
Never-mind some of these people.

At the end of the day Uganda has won 2 and drawn one in their last 3 games against Nigeria.
Two of those games were in Nigeria.

BTW, Uganda let in only 1 goal in those three games.
So when I read that Nigeria will beat Uganda at a neutral venue in competitive games, I just laugh.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
oloye wrote:Everyone keep shouting if in a real game, excuse me what games have they been playing before today and how many cards have they chopped? When Ghana was huffing and puffing against them we were laughing at Ghana. Our boys better get used to raw tackle this is African footy
They packed the bus in a freaking friendly game where nothing was as stake... Oloye common, that's a terrible display of football right there... an utter waste of a friendly match. I envy the likes of South Africa that are at least playing serious teams like Paraguay that will give you exciting attacking football.
When you meet nations that park the bus in a tournament but you never saw the need to test your players against such teams in friendlies what will be the out come?
I agree , that excuse doesn't fly
This is why we have friendlies, to test ourselves against Strategies, in fact I think Uganda taught us a lesson and we should play more friendlies like these from time to time because at Tournament proper, somebody will Catenacciarize us and try to hit us on the counter. So its good to be prepared for every possibility
No excuses
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Relax people. When it comes to tournaments where points are needed and the refs are on show, Uganda would will have to park the bus and try to score at the same time without those nasty tackles that could get their players booked.
Uganda might not have concede in qualifying but wait until AFCON
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:

thats is a landmark.

weldone to the crannes.
Rubbish, all that will end in the AFCON when sh.it gets real, Uganda is just like another Zambia... they flashes of promise here and there and then BANG! they go back to their minnow status soon after. I for one can't to have them in the same group with Nigeria...
Nothing like Zambia they’ve actually won a Nations Cup as recent as 2012 and have been finalists in 3 Afcon finals but I don’t see them mouthing off like our resident Ugandan!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

thats is a landmark.

weldone to the crannes.
Uganda is not a good team. They will concede at Afcon and chop multiple red cards. Bookmark this thread.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

thats is a landmark.

weldone to the crannes.
Nothing like Zambia they’ve actually won a Nations Cup as recent as 2012 and have been finalists in 3 Afcon finals but I don’t see them mouthing off like our resident Ugandan!
The Zambian team that perished cut it teeth against the likes of Uganda. They played in CECAFA for a long time.
CECAFA fans knew the boys and lads since the teenagers.

The 1994 9ja team drew a game in Uganda that they should have lost to not qualify!
Luck was on their side. People don't know this fact!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Kabalega wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
They said quit drinking and U keep referencing a BAR..my fren keep kwayet!! :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

A friendly dey make Uganda head swell chei :lol: :lol: what did they do in the last AFCON sef :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Kabalega wrote:
txj wrote:
oloye wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
What is our history against them? So they packed the bus, what football rules did they break? Everyone knows what motivates them going into any match friendly or competive.... If they parked the bus to perfect their strategy against attacking sides like Nigeria, pray what stops us from using them to practice how to break a bus parked? Do we have to wait for a competitive match?

You really cannot be serious!!!
What do you have a problem with?
That Uganda has a better head to head record against Nigeria?
That Uganda beat Nigeria in Uyo 3 years ago or that this game ended 0-0 on a bad pitch with Uganda missing 8 top players?
Were the match officials Ugandan?

Just be happy that your Ajebutter boys got a taste of real African footie and did better than 3 years ago.

First of all, discussing football with you.

Secondly, that Museveni did not play!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This game was virtually a glorified practice game. Uganda came to park bus and waste time as if it were a competitive game. Further, no bragging rights on the line for the SE as they aren’t our rivals (unlike Ghana or Cameroon) while they rejoiced for earning a draw. The only benefit for our boys was they got a run out, no one got injured in a meaningless game and it’s better than not to play anyone during a FIFA window as Rohr was able to assess some players like Osimhen, Chukwueze, et. al.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

What you guys call a "foul" is actually a routine defensive move in Uganda and legal according to FIFA rules.
Even Egyptian players complained at the last AFCON in Gabon and the refs just waved play on.

The officials called fouls as they legally saw them.

Uganda Cranes didn't go to Asaba to bend over... :taunt: :taunt:
9ja should have like they always do against their husbands..... :D
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Kabalega wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

thats is a landmark.

weldone to the crannes.
The Zambian team that perished cut it teeth against the likes of Uganda. They played in CECAFA for a long time.
CECAFA fans knew the boys and lads since the teenagers.

The 1994 9ja team drew a game in Uganda that they should have lost to not qualify!
Luck was on their side. People don't know this fact!
The direct predecessors of that team that perished (RIP) meet Nigeria in the Final of the 94 edition and Zambia eventually won the 2012 AFCON and Nigeria won the 2013 meeting Zambia on route but where have Uganda been in terms of winning the AFCON ?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Come on guys, why ae you people embarrasing me by even giving Uganda a platform? It's a friendly no matter what record Uganda boasts of against the SE, they cannot tall like we are the same age mates

Nigeria has won 15 medals in Afcon, 3 golds, 4 silver and the rest bronze
Uganda with 1 silver

Nigeria qualified for the AFCON, 17 times compared to Uganda's 7

Nigeria WC record stands at 6 tournaments participation
Uganda? em...... fat ZERO

Please stop giving Ugandans platform to think they can put themselves beside the SE. It's annoying. Let them go and discuss with Lesotho or Cape Verde
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!