Nigeria Qualifies: Report + Ratings

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria Qualifies: Report + Ratings

Post by Enugu II »

Also for the first time, Gernot Rohr, out of necessity offered his rarely used 3-5-2 against an African opposition. However, his plans to soak up the midfield by adding an additional player in the absence of regulars, who ordinarily would have strutted out in midfield, met with very little success. It did create opportunities in quick breakaways especially early in the game when Ahmed Musa threatened to be a handful for the South African defense. Besides those moments, the midfield was dominated by South Africans who bossed the space with 57% possession.
Ahmed Musa (cpt-7) -- 6.8 -- Although he faded in the second half because of tiredness, Musa was a handful for the South Africans much of the first half. One thing about this player that has been greatly underestimated is his penchant for making passes that lead to goals. Today, Iheanacho could have been a beneficiary of one of such passes.
The full report can be accessed by clicking the link below:

https://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/11/ ... s-for.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria Qualifies: Report + Ratings

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
Ahmed Musa (cpt-7) -- 6.8 -- Although he faded in the second half because of tiredness, Musa was a handful for the South Africans much of the first half. One thing about this player that has been greatly underestimated is his penchant for making passes that lead to goals. Today, Iheanacho could have been a beneficiary of one of such passes.
The full report can be accessed by clicking the link below:

https://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/11/ ... s-for.html
Thanks for the summary review, as I missed the first half...
Musa’s offside “goal” should have stood, and makes a case for VAR at AFCON 2019.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Then with eight minutes left on the day, it appeared that Musa had scored off an Iwobi pass but again the goal was overruled as offsides in an extremely close situation.
Nothing close about it. Clearly onside.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Then with eight minutes left on the day, it appeared that Musa had scored off an Iwobi pass but again the goal was overruled as offsides in an extremely close situation.
That’s what I thought as well...
The last Bafana defender clearly played both Musa and Success on.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
That’s what I thought as well...
The last Bafana defender clearly played both Musa and Success on.

it was not even close
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Here is why the linesman flagged Musa for offside. If you look at the video again, Musa was initially in offside position BEFORE he received the ball. When he became the first player to receive the ball onside, the linesman waived the flag.
On the other hand the first half 'offside' goal should have counted. Musa did receive the ball onside before passing the ball to an open Iheanacho for a tap in.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Abbey wrote:Here is why the linesman flagged Musa for offside. If you look at the video again, Musa was initially in offside position BEFORE he received the ball. When he became the first player to receive the ball onside, the linesman waived the flag.
On the other hand the first half 'offside' goal should have counted. Musa did receive the ball onside before passing the ball to an open Iheanacho for a tap in.
That is exactly my take watching the replay immediately after.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Player ratings
No sentiments

Ezenwa 7
Omerou 3
Balogun 5
Ekong 5
Collins 5
Kalu 9
Iwobi 8
Ogu 5
Etebo 3
Musa 5
Kele 3

Sub-
Success 5
Onyekuru 5
Ajayi 5
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
Abbey wrote:Here is why the linesman flagged Musa for offside. If you look at the video again, Musa was initially in offside position BEFORE he received the ball. When he became the first player to receive the ball onside, the linesman waived the flag.
Have to see it again...
But the immediate replay showed both Musa and Success onside when the pass was made.

I think the assistant was watching both players instead of the defense...
All the media reports (including SA media and fan forum) thought the goal should have stood.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Have to see it again...
But the immediate replay showed both Musa and Success onside when the pass was made.

All the media reports (including SA media and fan forum) thought the goal should have stood.
Good! It means our complaints are "legit."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Think you are wrong buddy...
See minute 10.08 of the video below.

[/video]
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:

[/video]
I just saw it on Youtube also and it is indeed a very good goal that was wrongly called off. On the initial replay in the live game, I thought it could have been marginally offside but after watching the youtube it is a very clear goal. Nothing marginal there.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Gotti wrote:

[/video]
The highlight only showed Musa when he was onside and briefly after he was offside. I am looking at the full replay again and yes he was the first player to touch Iwobi's splitting pass. Now, if Success had gotten hold of that pass no doubt the goal will count.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Abbey wrote:
Gotti wrote:

[/video]
The highlight only showed Musa when he was onside and briefly after he was offside. I am looking at the full replay again and yes he was the first player to touch Iwobi's splitting pass. Now, if Success had gotten hold of that pass no doubt the goal will count.

Abbey,

Youtube video shows he was onside at the time Iwobi made the pass and that is what s critical. I initially thought he was offsides but the video shows clearly that he was on.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Abbey wrote:
Gotti wrote:

[/video]

Bros you are incorect. Musa was onside in both cases. All that matters is where musa was when the ball was played.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Abbey wrote:The highlight only showed Musa when he was onside and briefly after he was offside. I am looking at the full replay again and yes he was the first player to touch Iwobi's splitting pass. Now, if Success had gotten hold of that pass no doubt the goal will count.
Bros, the KEY is where the players was WHEN the ball was actually played...
FREEZE the clip at 10.08, the moment Iwobi played the ball (the pass), the defender kept Musa ONSIDE.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Abbey wrote:
Gotti wrote:

[/video]
Old boy it seems you dont know the offside rule. The only thing that matters in the offside rule is where the receiving player was at the time the PASS was made. It doesn't matter where he was at any other time. IT IS ONLY WHEN THE BALL LEAVES THE FOOT OF THE PASSING PLAYER THAT MATTERS.

There is nothing like 1st player to touch. The offside rule does not have anything to do with who touched 1st.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:

[/video]
I just saw it on Youtube also and it is indeed a very good goal that was wrongly called off. On the initial replay in the live game, I thought it could have been marginally offside but after watching the youtube it is a very clear goal. Nothing marginal there.
Yep. You’ve echoed my sentiments as well. We got robbed of two clean goals. That said, the one disallowed in the first half was quite criminal because there is no explanation possible to justify the decision.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:

[/video]
Yep. You’ve echoed my sentiments as well. We got robbed of two clean goals. That said, the one disallowed in the first half was quite criminal because there is no explanation possible to justify the decision.
The second half decision was worse. The defender is clearly playing both players onside - c'mon it even looked onside in real time.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

This is the commentary from a concerned party
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Have to see it again...

Just watched it, they were both well onside when the pass was played
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Abbey wrote:
Gotti wrote:

[/video]
Musa came back onside BEFORE the ball was passed to him. It was such a clear goal with no grey areas that one has to wonder if bribery was involved here. A CAF linesman should not be getting that kind of decision wrong.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

lacidi wrote:
Abbey wrote:
Gotti wrote:

[/video]
Old boy it seems you dont know the offside rule. The only thing that matters in the offside rule is where the receiving player was at the time the PASS was made. It doesn't matter where he was at any other time. IT IS ONLY WHEN THE BALL LEAVES THE FOOT OF THE PASSING PLAYER THAT MATTERS.

There is nothing like 1st player to touch. The offside rule does not have anything to do with who touched 1st.
Abbey obviously does not understand the off-side rule.
Meanwhile this stupid Youtube video goes blank at 8:43, leaving the rest of the clip showing some silly ad for almost 2 minutes.
Same youtube video you guys are watching.
How is that even possible?
Fortunately I saw the second disallowed goal elsewhere.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "