For Rohr, Loyalty is Job 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Polly
Egg
Egg
For Rohr, Loyalty is Job 1

Post by Polly »

I understand Rohr now. Nobody is good enough to play his way into his team unless someone is injured. He is loyal to his core, which may diminish some enthusiasm during practice, as it is fairly easy to tell who will play.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: For Rohr, Loyalty is Job 1

Post by Enugu II »

Polly wrote:I understand Rohr now. Nobody is good enough to play his way into his team unless someone is injured. He is loyal to his core, which may diminish some enthusiasm during practice, as it is fairly easy to tell who will play.
TRUE WORD.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Polly wrote:I understand Rohr now. Nobody is good enough to play his way into his team unless someone is injured. He is loyal to his core, which may diminish some enthusiasm during practice, as it is fairly easy to tell who will play.

The guy is a dinosaur with his weak tactics and inability to read games. Musa should have been subbed early and chukwueze unleashed to dribble the South Africans to maybe conceding a penalty. The players know their coach favors certain players and it's bad for team spirit. Ajayi should have started ahead of that clown omerou. And Rohr continues to invite agu + Simon, simon could not make the bench, and agu is just not a good sub or starter. Rohr will limit the new emerging SE talent. Why inhibit Kalu? Why wait so long to sub a completely out of form Kele? Why continue to play etebo? Are we saying there is no other cm/dm players available? Rohr and his supporters are daft
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

9jaMan wrote:
The guy is a dinosaur with his weak tactics and inability to read games. Musa should have been subbed early and chukwueze unleashed to dribble the South Africans to maybe conceding a penalty. The players know their coach favors certain players and it's bad for team spirit. Ajayi should have started ahead of that clown omerou. And Rohr continues to invite agu + Simon, simon could not make the bench, and agu is just not a good sub or starter. Rohr will limit the new emerging SE talent. Why inhibit Kalu? Why wait so long to sub a completely out of form Kele? Why continue to play etebo? Are we saying there is no other cm/dm players available? Rohr and his supporters are daft
Honestly, I am beginning to have a different opinion about this coach. I am coming close to supporting those who has been calling for him to be fired. Why leave players on the bench who are - probably - better than the ones you are fielding? Even after fielding your favorites and their day is not going well, you leave them on the pitch instead of substituting?

I am beginning to think Rohr doesn't have it takes to coach the "Super eagles."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

If you guys take a step back, take a deep breath and listen to yourselves, you will notice that your complaints really sound 'somehow'.

You are not complaining about poor squad selection because the squad selection is good.
You are not complaining about losing games because you aren't losing games.
You are not complaining about not winning games because you are winning games.
You are not complaining about not qualifying for AFCON because you have qualified with one game to spare, just like the WC.

YOU ARE WHINGEING AND WHINING ABOUT LATE SUBSTITUTIONS AND NOT PLAYING CERTAIN PLAYERS OVER OTHERS. :shock:

You are really not complaining about anything of significance.
BUT IT SEEMS YOU ARE WAITING FOR THE NEXT SE DEFEAT TO ACTIVATE YOUR 'SACK HIM' MODE.

Honestly, I think U guys have a slight problem. :idea:
For real.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:If you guys take a step back, take a deep breath and listen to yourselves, you will notice that your complaints really sound 'somehow'.

You are not complaining about poor squad selection because the squad selection is good.
You are not complaining about not qualifying for AFCON because you have qualified with one game to spare, just like the WC.

YOU ARE WHINGEING AND WHINING ABOUT LATE SUBSTITUTIONS AND NOT PLAYING CERTAIN PLAYERS OVER OTHERS. :shock:

BUT IT SEEMS YOU ARE WAITING FOR THE NEXT SE DEFEAT TO ACTIVATE YOUR 'SACK HIM' MODE.

For real.

Typical from a Rohr supporter. The SE was close to qualifying from the group but daft Rohr was unable to read the game and make the needed subs. The Argentina coach on the other hand did the needful and the rest is history. I can't make you understand, I don't have that time abeg, keep supporting the clown coach
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:If you guys take a step back, take a deep breath and listen to yourselves, you will notice that your complaints really sound 'somehow'.

For real.

My brother you no go kill me with laughter. We Nigerian soccer fans are exactly who they say we are and frankly it is a damn shame. That is if you ask me sha...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

9jaMan wrote:

For real.

Typical from a Rohr supporter. The SE was close to qualifying from the group but daft Rohr was unable to read the game and make the needed subs. The Argentina coach on the other hand did the needful and the rest is history. I can't make you understand, I don't have that time abeg, keep supporting the clown coach
So based on that one decision, you want to get rid of him and begin again, abi?
And you don't think you sound really, really daft?

Okay, tell us that's not what you're saying..... :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You guys are docking stupid. We just qualified for anc for the first time after missing 2 ANC ‘s and won 3 games and draw 1 instead of you unappreciative imbeciles to at least thankthe coach, you’re criticizing him. Wtf do you fools want? Stupid goats. Did they tell you that’s Nigeria birthright to defeat any team mercilessly?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Yeah....

Like Jamilu Collins...
Or, Kalu...
Or, Onazi...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

For real.

How many wins in the last 5 games? You can even increase it to 10!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

he has been consistent with explicitly saying he sticks to his core. ALthough i disagree with the latter part of your statement as Simon Kalu and the new left back collins have showed that you can play your way into a starting line up.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

9jaMan wrote:

But you did not say that he was inviting those players because they 'dropped'? You dey fear??
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fire Rohr now, we ain't winning jack with him..nah only Libya and Seychelles bobo fit beat...we ain't going nowhere with him
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Let me put my position differently: give the South African team the Nigerian team and he will win the next World Cup.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr is really beginning to infuriate me.

First of all his selection was just dead wrong.

Slow man Ogu was the wrong player for such a match at 30 degree temperature on a huge pitch. He is not a DM, Ajayi or Agu should have played instead of him.

Iheanacho is clearly not in form, you had a heavy bench deep with talent. Any of Onyekuru,Chukwueze, or Success would have been a better option. Even Oshimen sef.

It was clear Nacho was not up to it and this buffoon coach just sat their watching like a clown until the 70 minute mark.

What does this coach have against subs ? Honestly is it some kind of superstition he has. This clown gives Onyekuru 5 minutes at the end.

Any serious coach would have subbed Nacho at halftime. He was just piss poor, wasting a beautiful opportunity Musa created for him.

Frankly Nacho does not even deserve to make the 23, let alone start and stink up the joint for 70 minutes.

Rohr needs to find new options in midfield. Old and slow man Ogu needs to step aside and we need to blood in youngsters who can cover ground and protect the back four. I don't know why we are keeping him, he isn't bad but he is too old and slow to offer us anything going forward. Rohr needs to solidify the midfield, and he wasted this 2 match opportunity.

Rohr seems way too rigid for me. He is too loyal to the old players. Just play the best players is it too much to ask.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Critical critisim and criticism. I hope that you guys aren’t criticized at your place of employment after achieving your goals. At the end of the day, Up SE, up ROhr for qualifying for for the first ANC in 6 years
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Enugu II wrote:
TRUE WORD.
If so then we are in trouble. Even the gullible Trump that was keen on loyalty has fired many inner caucus ( I digress)

His job is to constantly look for better players in each position. The national team is not a game of throne!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I'll take it for now,Nigeria have qualified to an AFCON for the first time since 2015 and the second time since 2010 so I'm not going to complain!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I cant wait till he is gone. Useless coach does not even know when to make a sub. Ihenacho was a minus yet he left him there for over 70minutes. Then he brings onyekwuru at the dying minutes of the match. We will be found out at the AFCON.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.