Rohr! Take a bow Mate

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Rohr! Take a bow Mate

Post by john12 »

We failed to qualify for 2 ANC’s and was at our lowest point in SE history infact I remember vividly when WCQ draw came out, almost everyone gave up until we hired Rohr. This man single handledly turn the table around qualifying for us for the WC in style and defeating the best teams in the continent. We went to World Cup with almost all BACKWATER league players and still performed ok against the best players in the world like Messi, Aguero, de Maria modric etc I knew it was going to be tough beating any WORLD CLASS players. Now, this man has qualified us again for another ANC with ease. My biggest respect for rohr are because
1) he mostly calls SE best players at all times infact, his calls up reeks of integrity, honesty and respect. I rarely see unknown players
2) the man gives younger talents a chance and he finds them
3) his tactics are always spot on

Anyway, this thread is just to appreciate a coach that has done wonders since arriving and as much as people hate to say it, This coach is Good. Win ANC or not, he must continue
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr! Take a bow Mate

Post by DIMKA76 »

john12 wrote:We failed to qualify for 2 ANC’s and was at our lowest point in SE history infact I remember vividly when WCQ draw came out, almost everyone gave up until we hired Rohr. This man single handledly turn the table around qualifying for us for the WC in style and defeating the best teams in the continent. We went to World Cup with almost all BACKWATER league players and still performed ok against the best players in the world like Messi, Aguero, de Maria modric etc I knew it was going to be tough beating any WORLD CLASS players. Now, this man has qualified us again for another ANC with ease. My biggest respect for rohr are because
1) he mostly calls SE best players at all times infact, his calls up reeks of integrity, honesty and respect. I rarely see unknown players

Anyway, this thread is just to appreciate a coach that has done wonders since arriving and as much as people hate to say it, This coach is Good. Win ANC or not, he must continue
Shut your face Twit!!! You and your mediocre coach.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You’re just an unappreciative ingrate
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

john12 wrote:You’re just an unappreciative ingrate
F9 Olodo!!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We just defeated 3 teams and could had beat SA today if not for corrupt officiating instead of people to congratulate our coach they’re attacking him. Seriously, why are we so entitled/arrogant? What kind of people are Nigerians? Do we thrive on negativity and enjoy insults?? Some Nigerians don’t appreciate peace, stability, consistency, They do not understand building and process but just want already made SMH. The only thing I want to be hearing today is CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS you wouldn’t die to congratulate someone that just achieved his goal
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

john12 wrote:We failed to qualify for 2 ANC’s and was at our lowest point in SE history infact I remember vividly when WCQ draw came out, almost everyone gave up until we hired Rohr. This man single handledly turn the table around qualifying for us for the WC in style and defeating the best teams in the continent. We went to World Cup with almost all BACKWATER league players and still performed ok against the best players in the world like Messi, Aguero, de Maria modric etc I knew it was going to be tough beating any WORLD CLASS players. Now, this man has qualified us again for another ANC with ease. My biggest respect for rohr are because

Hello Gernot,

Good job today with the team. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The only thing I would ask of you is to make your subs a little more timely.

Wha choo looking at?!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nwannem darlu joor nne gi musiri ike. This is the spirit that I want to hear constructive criticism. Anyway, I don’t think rohr could had made any change earlier because the boys were playing well
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

If you know how to read a game you wouldn't say our mid second half performance was great. I was happy about the overall performance by the boys my beef is with Rohr. We will find out soon enough that tactically he would be found out. Aside from a couple of lapses the boys played ok. Rohr doesn't read his players body language. He waits for something to happen before he reacts. Not proactive but reactive. We already learned the lesson at the WC. This guy ain't going to change.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Hello Gernot,

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Under Pinnick standards has been lowered for the Super Eagles over the last few years, an historian you are remarkably cavalier to Nigerians history of AFCON qualification before Pinnick reign.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Rohr is doing nothing we haven't already seen from Amodu and Keshi who were criticized even more.
Dude in game management is piss poor - he needed Jose Mourinho to tell him how to use Mikel properly at the world cup.
His poor substitutions is the reason we aren't talking of a second round exit instead of a group stage knockout at the WC.
He has brought positives to the team but I will not suck his balls like some of you are doing.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Prior to that WC Mikel was seen as the suited to AM by many here so stop
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Well done Rohr. Nowadays we qualify easily for tournaments without bringing out calculators. We now play purposely football..
My only advice is for him to be subbing in players early in the game.
Iheanancho should have been subbed earlier.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I remember he inherited the team two years ago with an AFCON qualifier still outstanding but the team was already out! Today we have the exact opposite of the situation in 2016. We have an AFCON qualifier still to play but the team has already qualified and the game is another "dead rubber" game.

Congrats to Rohr, the players, the sponsors paying the coaches, and Pinnick for being able to secure the sponsorship.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Our people too like gragra, drama and fire brigade action to ‘feel’ like something is happening. When everywhere is calm, steadily progressive and overall peaceful we have to disrupt things.

Rohr is far from perfect and does get under my skin at times with poor in game management but overall given where we were when he took over, progress has been steady. His next job evaluation will be after the 2019 AFCON. But for now, he’s done ok and we’re heading in the right direction IMO.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Well done Rohr.

Now let's go to the ANC for more learning! :thumbs:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Hello Gernot,

I think such is what everyone has been saying and I am beginning to join the call. Our coach needs to do better in that area.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ROHR has truly done a magnificent job with the SE over the last 2yrs. It's not possible for anybody to have done any better than he did with the results and team building.

He qualified for the wc from one of toughest groups ever assembled in Africa and did so easily,was just a few minutes from the 2nd rd of the wc group stages. Unless you believe we were better than Croatia and Argentina I don't see how we could've done better. Now he has qualified for AFCON with a game to spare. If he can get to the semis or better I think he will have done well. With WC 2022 coming up I think we're in the best we could ever be. :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Really great job. No complaints, no transportation issues, no bonus wahala. Second straight qual campaign achieved ahead of final game. If Nigeria was run like this we would be so much better off. For the record not saying this because Rohr is oyibo we have had some good indigenous coaches (up Keshi) and we have had some down right awful oyibos (can you say Betty). Just saying that Rohr has got something. Let’s give him a chance...still things to work on but me an my house no frills Rohr deserves the congrats
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I add my voice to the credits given to Rohr, his crew, the NFF, and the players.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

fabio wrote:

Under Pinnick standards has been lowered for the Super Eagles over the last few years, an historian you are remarkably cavalier to Nigerians history of AFCON qualification before Pinnick reign.
Yeah, the standards were much higher with your airheads running the show. :rotf: :rotf:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cally wrote:I add my voice to the credits given to Rohr, his crew, the NFF, and the players.
Me too.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Komani wrote:Rohr is doing nothing we haven't already seen from Amodu and Keshi who were criticized even more.
Dude in game management is piss poor - he needed Jose Mourinho to tell him how to use Mikel properly at the world cup.
His poor substitutions is the reason we aren't talking of a second round exit instead of a group stage knockout at the WC.
He has brought positives to the team but I will not suck his balls like some of you are doing.
Rubbish
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "