MUSA HAS DRASTICALLY IMPROVED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
MUSA HAS DRASTICALLY IMPROVED

Post by vancity eagle »

in truth he was a poor player for a long time, but dude has really improved his game.

He is much better at taking on players, but what I like most is that his decision making and passing has really improved. Couple that with his deadly pace, his goal scoring threat, and his defending.

At one point late in the 2nd half he was tracking back all the way into our box to make a tackle, and this playing as a CENTRE FORWARD.

he is a deserved starter for SE. The guy played very well again today and scored another legit goal that was called off. His goal per game ratio of late is very very good.

Glad to see his game come along way. Very key player for us, complete baller right now.
Komani
Egg
Egg
Re: MUSA HAS DRASTICALLY IMPROVED

Post by Komani »

Yep. That's what criticism should do to a player - spur them on to improve.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

That’s only to you. Musa has always been a WORLD CLASS player that scores when utilized correctly. Musa is SE greatest striker in my Generation
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:That’s only to you. Musa has always been a WORLD CLASS player that scores when utilized correctly. Musa is SE greatest striker in my Generation
Says as lot about your history of Super Eagles..
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Musa is trash on the wings, as a striker he is dope, but how long are we gonna keep pretending that Musa is a winger? With the emergence of players like chukwueze and Kalu, musa's hope of first 11 place is playing as a striker. Musa's days are numbered on the wings, Rohr cannot stop chukwueze and Kalu from their true potentials. It's just a matter of time . The SE front three will include Kalu, chukwueze, and a striker. John12 can jump in a lake
Last edited by 9jaMan on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

john12 wrote:That’s only to you. Musa has always been a WORLD CLASS player that scores when utilized correctly. Musa is SE greatest striker in my Generation
Here we go again. Musa has improved he hasn't always been at the level he is currently. Lets turn a blind eye to his previous inadequacies and pretend he has always been world class. Omo, it doesn't hurt to give "constructive criticism" rather than ignore short comings. There is always room for improvement.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yes he has the difference is position. After all, the same musa scored 2 goals 4 years ago and was already balling for cska Moscow
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

vancity eagle wrote:in truth he was a poor player for a long time, but dude has really improved his game.

He is much better at taking on players, but what I like most is that his decision making and passing has really improved. Couple that with his deadly pace, his goal scoring threat, and his defending.

At one point late in the 2nd half he was tracking back all the way into our box to make a tackle, and this playing as a CENTRE FORWARD.

he is a deserved starter for SE. The guy played very well again today and scored another legit goal that was called off. His goal per game ratio of late is very very good.

Glad to see his game come along way. Very key player for us, complete baller right now.
Well said. I give you credit for giving Musa some credit.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

9jaMan wrote:Musa is trash on the wings, as a striker he is dope, but how long are we gonna keep pretending that Musa is a winger? With the emergence of players like chukwueze and Kalu, musa's hope of first 11 place is playing as a striker. Musa's days are numbered on the wings, Rohr cannot stop chukwueze and Kalu from their true potentials. It's just a matter of time . The SE front three will include Kalu, chukwueze, and a striker. John12 can jump in a lake
I don't know if I agree about Musa being trash on the wings. Some of his best moments today were him being out wide, rather than in the middle. He also played on the wings vs Libya and played well. What made him so infuriating on the wings in the past was his piss poor decision making and passing and as I noted he has drastically improved in this area. Remember how well he played in the Argentina friendly as well. I have to commend Rohr for sticking with Musa and getting the best out of him.

What I do not like is the 352 , I prefer the 433 lineup and what I think we need are a top 3 that can interchange positions, where every player can be up top or on either flank. It is really hard to choose 3 with so many options, but a player like Iheanacho will be the major loser IMO. he just has too little to offer ATM. I think Success would be great because of his pace, size, technique, and ability to operate up top or out wide. Then we have Kalu and Chukwueze, perhaps Lookman, and then Bazee as well.

What we cannot have is Rohr looking on cluelessly without making a sub with so many potent options on the bench. If things are not working and somebody is not performing they must be yanked immediately. We have too many weapons in the waiting to allow somebody to stay on the pitch being in effective.

Let us see what Rohr does vs Uganda.

I want to see a front 3 of Success, Chukwueze, and Onyekuru with Iwobi operating behind them.

Rohr owes these players a decent opportunity to stake a claim.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If you are going to wear the captains armband at any level you should up your game,a championship captain should put on a Premiership performance to raise his team!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

But the same fate that happened to likes of NSOFOR, okoronwko, and a host of others that SE Nigerian born head coaches discarded at the slightest stumble would have befallen Musa had it not been for ROHR.
That's the difference between minds from developed Nations and Nigeria; You encourage people to be their best . Had Rohr listened to Mugus on CE Musa would have been history long ago. Same goes for a lot of Nigerians written off at home who leave Nigeria and make it abroad.

Nsofor had potential to be the deadliest striker ever to come out of Africa was Rohr around. Instead we took Uchebo to Brazil ahead of Nsofor; wahoooo!!!! Keshi I would never forgive him for that
Last edited by jette1 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jette1 wrote:But the same fate that happened to likes of NSOFOR, okoronwko, and a host of others that SE Nigerian born head coaches discarded at the slightest stumble would have befallen Musa had it not been for ROHR.
That's the difference between minds from developed Nations and Nigeria; You encourage people to be their best .

Nsofor had potential to be the deadliest striker ever to come out of Africa was Rohr around. Instead we took Uchebo to Brazil ahead of Nsofor; wahoooo!!!! Keshi I would never forgive him for that
You're right,a coach is supposed to get the best out a player and trust is a major part of that.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:in truth he was a poor player for a long time, but dude has really improved his game.

Maybe it's your eye glasses that has improved
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
jette1 wrote:But the same fate that happened to likes of NSOFOR, okoronwko, and a host of others that SE Nigerian born head coaches discarded at the slightest stumble would have befallen Musa had it not been for ROHR.
That's the difference between minds from developed Nations and Nigeria;You encourage people to be their best .

You're right,a coach is supposed to get the best out a player and trust is a major part of that.
These two low-esteemed self-haters again... :lol:
Same Musa that debuted and played unbrokenly in the SE (under 3 different “Nigeria-born” coaches). SMH

Funny how the same Musa had the exact same WC performance at the 2014 WC under “a mind from Nigeria” (2 goals) as he had under a “mind from developed nations (sic)” that is now considered by some mentally-subjugated stool samplers as apparently worthy of the Ballon D’or. Meanwhile, where is Simy Nwankwo? Hopefully he has not been “discarded at the slightest stumble”. Where is Brown Ideye, who STARTED in our first WCQ under Herr “mind from develop nations”? Where’s Musa Muhammed, yet another STARTER in the first competitive game (ANCQ vs Tanzania) under “mind from developed nations”? Where’s Anderson Esiti, who played in the first 2018 WCQs under “mind from developed nations”? Where’s Anthony Nwakaeme who STARTED in the last WCQ under the esteemed “mind from developed nations” I’d be darned, but it would appear that these STARTERS and players have been “discarded at the slightest stumble”. SMDH @ sheer idolatry ignorance.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:You're right,a coach is supposed to get the best out a player and trust is a major part of that.
So why were you not advocating that the coach “get the best out” of Echiéjilé? :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

That's the difference between minds from developed Nations and Nigeria; You encourage people to be their best . Had Rohr listened to Mugus on CE Musa would have been history long ago. Same goes for a lot of Nigerians written off at home who leave Nigeria and make it abroad.

Not entirely accurate. Keshi, Eguavoen and Oliseh did not discard Musa. In fact the comments then were..what did these coaches see in Musa
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Here we go again. Musa has improved he hasn't always been at the level he is currently. Lets turn a blind eye to his previous inadequacies and pretend he has always been world class. Omo, it doesn't hurt to give "constructive criticism" rather than ignore short comings. There is always room for improvement.
The criticism wasn't constructive, it was downright ignorant and disrespectful.
How many times have you read (maybe even written yourself) that Musa should "never smell the SE again", or that he has "a low IQ" or that he is a "headless chicken", not to mention the countless ethnic slurs that came regularly from our resident CE bigots?
I can't think of any one SE player in the last decade that has had to endure the level of abuse Musa has had to deal with on a regular basis.
Yet he still plays for his country with passion and a smile.
Constructive criticism my left foot.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is very mature of you to acknowledge this. KPOM
In the past though, you have been one of those that showed total disrespect and ignorance in your posts on Musa.
Maybe, like Musa, you have matured and now have a better handle on your emotions and hence your decision-making. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
That's the difference between minds from developed Nations and Nigeria;You encourage people to be their best .

Same Musa that debuted and played unbrokenly in the SE (under 3 different “Nigeria-born” coaches). SMH

Funny how the same Musa had the exact same WC performance at the 2014 WC under “a mind from Nigeria” (2 goals) as he had under a “mind from developed nations (sic)” that is now considered by some mentally-subjugated stool samplers as apparently worthy of the Ballon D’or. Meanwhile, where is Simy Nwankwo? Hopefully he has not been “discarded at the slightest stumble”. Where is Brown Ideye, who STARTED in our first WCQ under Herr “mind from develop nations”? Where’s Musa Muhammed, yet another STARTER in the first competitive game (ANCQ vs Tanzania) under “mind from developed nations”? Where’s Anderson Esiti, who played in the first 2018 WCQs under “mind from developed nations”? Where’s Anthony Nwakaeme who STARTED in the last WCQ under the esteemed “mind from developed nations” I’d be darned, but it would appear that these STARTERS and players have been “discarded at the slightest stumble”. SMDH @ sheer idolatry ignorance.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

because you win the comedy hour doesn't earn you the rational thinker
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:You're right,a coach is supposed to get the best out a player and trust is a major part of that.
So why were you not advocating that the coach “get the best out” of Echiéjilé? :lol: :lol: :lol:
He tried but it failed these things happen.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Shutup you little clown :D ......................anyway, I have always liked Musa, I like forwards with pace and Musa got tons of that.
Musa can always pull a goal out of nothing and that's what a skillful pacey player will always bring to the table.

Props to Capt Musa. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

I don’t need to agree even if I understand it’s got nothing to do with my self esteem no coach will ever pick your favourite 11 and even if he does you may not get the result you want but after qualifying to 1 Afcon since 2010 I have to say it’s not that bad!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo