Balogun

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Balogun

Post by gochino »

Why was Balogun strolling towards our goal when the player (who scored) he was supposed to be marking was running towards goal. :atc:
Forward to 3.44
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Balogun

Post by vancity eagle »

All 3 centre backs did poorly on that goal.

Omeruo just let Tau stroll by him without much effort

Troost ran at Tau when Oneruo was already on him. No need for 2 players to go at him and run out of position.

Balogun was just strolling back, very poor.

It was very hot and high altitude but still.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Do u maga mugus know that the altitude,heat and humidity had a great impact on the game? Why do u think the game was played at pedestrian pace for the most part? Abeg, sharap and find something else to complain about on YouTube. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Balogun didnt have a great game yeasterday. I think it was more due to lack of playing time at his club than altitude.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

vancity eagle wrote:All 3 centre backs did poorly on that goal.

Omeruo just let Tau stroll by him without much effort

Troost ran at Tau when Oneruo was already on him. No need for 2 players to go at him and run out of position.

Balogun was just strolling back, very poor.

It was very hot and high altitude but still.
:shock: Say what!!!!!!!???? :oops:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Do u maga mugus know that the altitude,heat and humidity had a great impact on the game? Why do u think the game was played at pedestrian pace for the most part? Abeg, sharap and find something else to complain about on YouTube. :roll:
so that justifies the strolling??Really?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Do u maga mugus know that the altitude,heat and humidity had a great impact on the game? Why do u think the game was played at pedestrian pace for the most part? Abeg, sharap and find something else to complain about on YouTube. :roll:
so that justifies the strolling??Really?
For the unacclimatized, high altitude nor be beans o.
Having said that, Balogun can sometimes baffle with his 'off' moments, much like Omeruo and Yobo.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Just as a reminder, this is a post made in 2013, the day after our "lethargic'' 2-0 win over Ethiopia in another game played at high altitude at AFCON.

Damunk wrote:For those who are trying not to be like the NFF we so freely criticise, here are the simple altitude facts - which to some armchair coaches on CE, are mere 'excuses' and can be safely ignored!

It is an interesting article from 2010 about the Rustenburg Stadium and its Altitude effects on players.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... z2JfqyNNBZ
Rugby star Joe Worsley: Playing at altitude was the worst experience of my life

England’s World Cup-winning rugby forward Joe Worsley talks about his experience of playing at altitude with the Lions last summer.
The match he refers to is the tour opener in the stadium in Rustenburg where England will take on the USA tomorrow night.
The Lions laboured to a 37-25 win against a weak Highveld XV.
When we played at altitude in Rustenburg last summer, it was my first game in a Lions shirt — and one of the worst experiences of my life.

After about 20 minutes my lungs were just shot to bits and my legs were heavy. It affected everyone to slightly different degrees, but to a man the players said it was one of the worst experiences they had ever had on a pitch.

Analysis after that game showed that the mistakes we made were worse and players were less explosive. Skill levels dropped and all of it happened as a consequence of people being fatigued.
The ball can also fly further and faster in the thin air at altitude, but how noticeable that will be in football I’m not sure.

Maybe goalkeepers will struggle more with well-hit shots. It is a lack of oxygen in your system which has numerous consequences. Your lungs are working overtime to get more oxygen in and there is a lactate build-up in your legs because you can’t get as much fuel to them, so you feel sluggish.

Mentally you are affected as well — you slow down because of a lack of oxygen reaching the brain. We are talking tiny margins, but when it comes to elite sport it makes a difference.

There are two ways of going about counter-acting the effects. You can arrive on the day or the night before a game — get in and get out again. But that isn’t the best way to do it for a tournament.

Then, it is better to arrive at least nine days before a game. With the England football team being based at altitude for the whole tournament, I am sure that will be a big plus for them.
They have to go down to sea level during that time, but it shouldn’t be a problem, depending on how long they go away for.
England have been at their training camp long enough now to be fully acclimatised before the game against the United States.
They have also played a practice game, which helps, but there is nothing better than playing a competitive game to get used to it up there. I am sure some lungs will be burning, but they should be OK.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

gochino wrote:Why was Balogun strolling towards our goal when the player (who scored) he was supposed to be marking was running towards goal. :atc:
Forward to 3.44
On the balance, the real culprit was Omeruo, unless u choose to ignore everything else, except the last act of scoring...

He does not understand his position on the left of a 3 centerback formation. Same thing happened in the WC. On the goal, among several errors, he initially makes a move towards the defensive zone already occupied by Collins, which Pau smartly took advantage of, before cutting back in and thru Omeruo.

Really hoping we can get Akpoguma or Uduokhai.

Omeruo is an average CD, who initially looked like he would develop into a top quality defender.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote:
gochino wrote:Why was Balogun strolling towards our goal when the player (who scored) he was supposed to be marking was running towards goal. :atc:
Forward to 3.44
On the balance, the real culprit was Omeruo, unless u choose to ignore everything else, except the last act of scoring...

He does not understand his position on the left of a 3 centerback formation. Same thing happened in the WC. On the goal, among several errors, he initially makes a move towards the defensive zone already occupied by Collins, which Pau smartly took advantage of, before cutting back in and thru Omeruo.

Omeruo is an average CD, who initially looked like he would develop into a top quality defender.
Balogun and Ekong are also average if we are being honest. No point picking on Omeruo alone....
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
Forward to 3.44

Balogun and Ekong are also average if we are being honest. No point picking on Omeruo alone....
Are you kidding me?

Balogun might be average, but he has clearly (heads and shoulders} been the best defender in every game he has played for the Eagles in the last 3 years except Libya & Algeria away.

Ekong is OK. Still clumsy, but adequate most of the time. I actually think Awaziem is a much better defender, but I won't get into that now.

Now to Omeruo. What'ya talking 'bout Willis?

I have no idea what he is still doing in the National team. Don't want to flog a dead horse (or retired Eagle) like Danfo, but he is approaching Echiejile levels. Everytime he starts, he is going to be at the Centre of bad things that either involve giving up cheap goals or 'creating' goal scoring opportunities for the opposition out of nothing.

It was a collective effort largely, but if you want to pick on the biggest culprits, Omeruo was probably most responsible for the CAN non-qualifications (at least 2015) and Keshi's firing.

In the Rohr Era, he has largely been a substitute, but that has not stopped the litany of disasters the few times he has started.

Against Zambia away, he clumsily created an 'assist' for Collins Mbesuma, ensuring a nervy end to what should have been an easy victory.

That rightly put him on the bench, & even off the team for some time during the qualifiers, but he crept his way back during the WC.

A lot of hypemen here were praising his performance against Iceland, but another Omeruo clanger was responsible for the penalty we conceded. Ebuehi was wrongly and unfairly blamed by many including the dumb coach.

The coach then went on start him in the next game against Argentina, and he (Omeruo) punished us well by donating a goal to the previously misfiring Messi. He was cheating on the pass instead of staying behind his man (the aforementioned Messi). Oh! & that pass came about because Troost (under no pressure at all, I might add) passed the ball out of the back straight to an opponent.

If I had a dollar everytime these two are in the middle of clumsiness in the heart of the Nigerian defence! Yet someone who claims to have watched SE matches over the last 3 years is opening a thread about Balogun's defending.

It has been more of the same from Omeruo after the World Cup. Against lowly Seychelles away, it was the same clumsiness has he had pretty much given a goal away by misjudging the flight of a ball in the box. Thankfully the Seychelles' striker chose not to accept the gift as he blasted over from close range.

Then you have the game against Bafana yesterday. He was very poor again.

The pool of talent in the CD position is too deep for Rohr to continue to settle for Omeruo. If he can't get the German boys, there are a few that are eligible and doing well in the Championship (a level at which Omeruo struggled by the way).
Last edited by truetalk on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Arrant nonsense
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
Forward to 3.44

Are you kidding me?

Balogun might be average, but he has clearly (heads and shoulders a been the best defender in every game he has played for the Eagles in the last 3 years except Libya & Algeria away.

Eking is OK. Still clumsy, but adequate most of the time. I actually think Awaziem is a much better defender, but I won't get into that now.

I have no idea what he is still doing in the National team. Don't want to flog a dead horse (or retired Eagle) like Danfo, but he is approaching Echiejile levels. Everytime he starts, he is going to be at the Centre of bad things that either involve giving up cheap goals or 'creating' goal scoring opportunities for the opposition out of nothing.

It was a collective effort largely, but if you want to pick on the biggest culprits, Omeruo was probably most responsible for the CAN non-qualifications (at least 2015) and Keshi's firing.

In the Rohr Era, he has largely been a substitute, but that has not stopped the litany of disasters the few times he has started.

Against Zambia away, he clumsily created an 'assist' for Collins Mbesuma, ensuring a nervy end to what should have been an easy victory.

That rightly put him on the bench, & even off the team for some time during the qualifiers, but he crept his way back during the WC.

A lot of hypemen here were praising his performance against Iceland, but another Omeruo clanger was responsible for the penalty we conceded. Ebuehi was wrongly and unfairly blamed by many including the dumb coach.

The coach then went on start him in the next game against Argentina, and he (Omeruo) punished us well by donating a goal to the previously misfiring Messi. He was cheating on the pass instead of staying behind his man (the aforementioned Messi). Oh! & that pass came about because Troost (under no pressure at all, I might add) passed the ball out of the back straight to an opponent.

If I had a dollar everytime these two are in the middle of clumsiness in the heart of the Nigerian defence! Yet someone who claims to have watched SE matches over the last 3 years is opening a thread about Balogun's defending.

It has been more of the same from Omeruo after the World Cup. Against lowly Seychelles away, it was the same clumsiness has he had pretty much given a goal away by misjudging the flight of a ball in the box. Thankfully the Seychelles' striker chose not to accept the gift as he blasted over from close range.

The pool of talent in the CD position is too deep for Rohr to continue to settle for Omeruo. If he can't get the German boys, there are a few that are eligible and doing well in the Championship (a level at which Omeruo struggled by the way).
Like?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
Forward to 3.44

Are you kidding me?

Balogun might be average, but he has clearly (heads and shoulders a been the best defender in every game he has played for the Eagles in the last 3 years except Libya & Algeria away.

Eking is OK. Still clumsy, but adequate most of the time. I actually think Awaziem is a much better defender, but I won't get into that now.

Like?
Dr.

Read Yeyeman's thread on new cap's vs Seychelles.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:
Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote: The pool of talent in the CD position is too deep for Rohr to continue to settle for Omeruo. If he can't get the German boys, there are a few that are eligible and doing well in the Championship (a level at which Omeruo struggled by the way).
Like?
Dr.
Read Yeyeman's thread on new cap's vs Seychelles.
OK. Seen.
Thanks.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

truetalk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
Forward to 3.44

Are you kidding me?

Balogun might be average, but he has clearly (heads and shoulders} been the best defender in every game he has played for the Eagles in the last 3 years except Libya & Algeria away.

Ekong is OK. Still clumsy, but adequate most of the time. I actually think Awaziem is a much better defender, but I won't get into that now.

I had given up hope on Omeruo but his form for Leganes in La Liga this season made me change my mind. He was outstanding against Valencia and had Griezman in his pocket against Athletico Madrid. The goal SA scored shows why Ekong and Omeruo are not good playing together.
Awaziem has the potential to be our best CD, he's fast, good in the air and can pass out of defence. He had a good season in Ligue 1 with Nantes and should not have gone back to Porto without assurances. I blame his agent but hopefully he will move in January.
I am happy