SE Celebrate in the Locker Room...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Celebrate in the Locker Room...

Post by oloye »

Senator WIRES wrote:We need to be careful here!! Naija is a secular country.. We should find songs that are religion neutral and we got lots of those :scared:

8-) Just my tuppence :D
Go to any club in the country, north south , east of west, that is the tradition! It is not about SE, this has been the culture. In my days at Kwasu the songs are heavily tilted towards Islamic songs, but sprinkled richly with Christian songs. And at prayer time both religions take time to pray.

The people profiting from religion are the ones who always have issues and the ones using it as part of the old and ancient political tool of divide and rule. Players do not give a hoot!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:We need to be careful here!! Naija is a secular country.. We should find songs that are religion neutral and we got lots of those :scared:

Go to any club in the country, north south , east of west, that is the tradition! It is not about SE, this has been the culture. In my days at Kwasu the songs are heavily tilted towards Islamic songs, but sprinkled richly with Christian songs. And at prayer time both religions take time to pray.

The people profiting from religion are the ones who always have issues and the ones using it as part of the old and ancient political tool of divide and rule. Players do not give a hoot!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Oloye, I've always wondered how they do those prayers within the huddle just before the game.
Is it one Xian, one Moslem prayer or is it an 'all join' approach?
Is it always a prayer or is it sometimes just a pep talk?
Also, how do the very young members address the elders during the live game, esp if the 'egbon' is really fokking up, say with a bad pass or something like that?
Fascinating how religion and culture might apply here. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:

Oloye, I've always wondered how they do those prayers within the huddle just before the game.
Also, how do the very young members address the elders during the live game, esp if the 'egbon' is really fokking up, say with a bad pass or something like that?
Most clubs and even the national team recognise certain players that are very spiritual from both sides. When I was in BCC and the 4 years I captained the team I would randomly pick someone to pray. Because we had more Christians I would do it more often with a Christian. When we are in camp we have prayers every night. In this situation one person from each religion would offer prayers. In all my 13 years on the Naija football scene even when I played in Ilorin, the players never had any issue praying together and we never had the situation where players divide along religions.. Even though we tend to have divisions along tribal affiliations... I never experienced any along religious divide.

In my time at Kwasu, both religions came together to reject and resist the continuous use of a juju man before matches.

Players were more concerned about winning and were ready to work together for that cause, anything to achieve that cause. When leaders do not have a worthy vision and cause they divide the people and keep them busy while they pillage the treasury.

I have seen Muslim read from the bible in my time, their favorite passage coming from the psalms.

Seriously there is a reason why religion and politics should not mix, the beauty it offers gets polluted.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:

Most clubs and even the national team recognise certain players that are very spiritual from both sides. When I was in BCC and the 4 years I captained the team I would randomly pick someone to pray. Because we had more Christians I would do it more often with a Christian. When we are in camp we have prayers every night. In this situation one person from each religion would offer prayers. In all my 13 years on the Naija football scene even when I played in Ilorin, the players never had any issue praying together and we never had the situation where players divide along religions.. Even though we tend to have divisions along tribal affiliations... I never experienced any along religious divide.

In my time at Kwasu, both religions came together to reject and resist the continuous use of a juju man before matches.

Players were more concerned about winning and were ready to work together for that cause, anything to achieve that cause. When leaders do not have a worthy vision and cause they divide the people and keep them busy while they pillage the treasury.

I have seen Muslim read from the bible in my time, their favorite passage coming from the psalms.

Seriously there is a reason why religion and politics should not mix, the beauty it offers gets polluted.
:thumbs: :thumbs: Oga Oloye, abeg chop knuckle...

Even in the stands, my muslim pals were always dancing to some of those stirring Christian-themed chants belted out by the supporters club...

Did they care about religious affiliation..? Of course not!
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley